2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Zach Wilson is done in this town. What an absolutely pathetic game from him.
7 picks in two complete game starts against Belichick and next up the Bills and another game with the Pats in Foxboro...yeah they're definitely gonna be knocking on the Aaron Rodgers door or whatever other big-name QB becomes disgruntled this offseason.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Zach Wilson is done in this town. What an absolutely pathetic game from him.

He was garbage today but going for another rookie in next year's class or even a shitty veteran would be heavy handed. The play calling today was pretty bad too, Lafleur didn't incorporate an already disgruntled Elijah Moore into today's gameplay. I knew Breece was going to be a big loss but I didn't expect that today.

7 picks in two complete game starts against Belichick and next up the Bills and another game with the Pats in Foxboro...yeah they're definitely gonna be knocking on the Aaron Rodgers door or whatever other big-name QB becomes disgruntled this offseason.

Give me Lamar or else I'll be fine with a year 3 Wilson with all the chips on the table.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
both NY teams have been nice stories, but neither team is winning shit with the guy at QB they currently have.
I don’t know, I’m rooting hard for Daniel and have a tough time putting the loss on him. They literally have the worst WR core I’ve seen in my lifetime, and Richie James botching 2 punts led directly to 10 points for SEA. As a dolphins fan you’ve seen what Tyreek and Waddle have done to Tua, and I think Schoen & co. go out this off-season and get DJ that bonafide weapon.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don’t know, I’m rooting hard for Daniel and have a tough time putting the loss on him. They literally have the worst WR core I’ve seen in my lifetime, and Richie James botching 2 punts led directly to 10 points for SEA. As a dolphins fan you’ve seen what Tyreek and Waddle have done to Tua, and I think Schoen & co. go out this off-season and get DJ that bonafide weapon.

The lack of offensive weapons doesn't help, but I think it's still partially on Jones. I don't think he is able to lead an offense at a high enough level to win big games.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
The lack of offensive weapons doesn't help, but I think it's still partially on Jones. I don't think he is able to lead an offense at a high enough level to win big games.
It’s such a shitty catch-22. Like how long can they keep stringing him along to see if he’s “the guy”?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

theyve drafted WRs high and signed them like each of the past 3 years though lol

I Get what you're saying. But Daniel Jones aint it friend. We've seen enough of him to know what he is.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
theyve drafted WRs high and signed them like each of the past 3 years though lol

I Get what you're saying. But Daniel Jones aint it friend. We've seen enough of him to know what he is.
I know I know, I’m very early on in the 12-step program lol. He’s just such a likable dude, I’m trying to will him to success.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The performance was one thing, but Wilson just saying he gets tired of throwing the ball away was one of the most petulant, responsibility avoiding things I’ve ever heard a QB say. They’ll ride with him this year, maybe even next unless there’s some can’t-miss alternative out there, but he damn well needs to show something. Not sure he has the brain for it.

So tired of watching him evade pressure by running 30 yards towards his own end-zone and he ignoring everything down field. The Sam Darnold miss an open guy with a ball ten yards over his head thing too, can’t forget about that.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Jets need to incorporate Elijah Moore or cut your losses and trade him. It’s terrible asset management to let him wither away. It’s self tanking ur own players value. Jets need to realize Elijah’s value to someone else and make up the value differential. Just look at toney the giants realized he wasn’t part of their plans and got something for it before it was too late

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Jets need to incorporate Elijah Moore or cut your losses and trade him. It’s terrible asset management to let him wither away. It’s self tanking ur own players value. Jets need to realize Elijah’s value to someone else and make up the value differential. Just look at toney the giants realized he wasn’t part of their plans and got something for it before it was too late

This is where I think it's up to Lafleur, Saleh and Wilson can ask for Moore to get more reps but it's the OC's job to actually do this with game planning. But the writing is pretty much on the wall when Jeff Smith is getting more targets and snaps than you.

The performance was one thing, but Wilson just saying he gets tired of throwing the ball away was one of the most petulant, responsibility avoiding things I’ve ever heard a QB say. They’ll ride with him this year, maybe even next unless there’s some can’t-miss alternative out there, but he damn well needs to show something. Not sure he has the brain for it.

So tired of watching him evade pressure by running 30 yards towards his own end-zone and he ignoring everything down field. The Sam Darnold miss an open guy with a ball ten yards over his head thing too, can’t forget about that.

The thing is that's where he thrives as a passer though, it's the same issue we had with Sanchez/Darnold. Both of those guys also were great play action/roll out QB's. The Jets always try to make these guys into pocket passers when it's not their game for the most part. Also doesn't help Wilson has the worst football IQ of any starter in the league. 2nd/3rd INT's yesterday were so foolish.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
This is where I think it's up to Lafleur, Saleh and Wilson can ask for Moore to get more reps but it's the OC's job to actually do this with game planning. But the writing is pretty much on the wall when Jeff Smith is getting more targets and snaps than you.
When ur second round pick is getting 10 snaps and 1 target after largely producing a decent rookie year with Mike white and the skeleton of Flacco throwing to him that’s when you know it’s time to move on

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
When ur second round pick is getting 10 snaps and 1 target after largely producing a decent rookie year with Mike white and the skeleton of Flacco throwing to him that’s when you know it’s time to move on

He played fine with Wilson last year in the Eagles game, they're just so hell bent on using Garrett Wilson in the slot as opposed to moving him out wide to allow Moore get some snaps there which is where he ate last year as a rookie.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

The thing is that's where he thrives as a passer though, it's the same issue we had with Sanchez/Darnold. Both of those guys also were great play action/roll out QB's. The Jets always try to make these guys into pocket passers when it's not their game for the most part. Also doesn't help Wilson has the worst football IQ of any starter in the league. 2nd/3rd INT's yesterday were so foolish.
I have no problem evading pressure if you’re going to make a plus play out of it. But Wilson feels the slightest bit of pressure and goes straight to scramble mode, zero pocket presence. And to top it off, there are plenty of times he could make a play with his legs if he decides to be decisive and run. Instead, he runs backwards and sideways that nine times out of ten is a negative play (or terrible throw).

It could be a plus for him if he had the IQ to turn those into big plays, but he too often makes the absolute worst decision. I get that the o-line has been decimated, but he’s his own worst enemy.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I have no problem evading pressure if you’re going to make a plus play out of it. But Wilson feels the slightest bit of pressure and goes straight to scramble mode, zero pocket presence. And to top it off, there are plenty of times he could make a play with his legs if he decides to be decisive and run. Instead, he runs backwards and sideways that nine times out of ten is a negative play (or terrible throw).

It could be a plus for him if he had the IQ to turn those into big plays, but he too often makes the absolute worst decision. I get that the o-line has been decimated, but he’s his own worst enemy.
It drives me buts every time he runs backwards. He has the athleticism to run forwards for the first down. His IQ is absolutely awful.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It drives me buts every time he runs backwards. He has the athleticism to run forwards for the first down. His IQ is absolutely awful.

The 4th and 5 where he threw to Conklin triple covered when he could've ran for it was up there with the picks he threw yesterday when it came to football IQ and that's saying a lot because those interceptions were dreadful. Only thing I can see saving Wilson is if the coaching staff somehow resets him to understanding safe football like what Harbaugh did with Alex Smith but I'm not sure if that's ever gonna happen. Wilson's improv football is literally living and dying by the sword, he makes tremendous plays by playing like that but his IQ also makes him throw some of the worst footballs you've seen in your life.

He has 0 pocket awareness, he rushed out of clean pockets yesterday. I don't know what's going on with him, it's a massive concern with how he's playing right now but he's making the decision easy to cut bait with him after this year.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The 4th and 5 where he threw to Conklin triple covered when he could've ran for it was up there with the picks he threw yesterday when it came to football IQ and that's saying a lot because those interceptions were dreadful. Only thing I can see saving Wilson is if the coaching staff somehow resets him to understanding safe football like what Harbaugh did with Alex Smith but I'm not sure if that's ever gonna happen. Wilson's improv football is literally living and dying by the sword, he makes tremendous plays by playing like that but his IQ also makes him throw some of the worst footballs you've seen in your life.

He has 0 pocket awareness, he rushed out of clean pockets yesterday. I don't know what's going on with him, it's a massive concern with how he's playing right now but he's making the decision easy to cut bait with him after this year.
I generally hate the idea of a stopgap QB, but at this point the Wilson timeline might just not align with the rest of the team. They’ve surprised on defense and I really don’t think they’re that far away on that side of the ball.

I wonder if there’s a guy they can target as a backup if Wilson falters a few games into next season that they can slot in. Drafting another QB might not even be in the cards if the rest of the team has them drafting in the middle of the first round.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I generally hate the idea of a stopgap QB, but at this point the Wilson timeline might just not align with the rest of the team. They’ve surprised on defense and I really don’t think they’re that far away on that side of the ball.

I wonder if there’s a guy they can target as a backup if Wilson falters a few games into next season that they can slot in. Drafting another QB might not even be in the cards if the rest of the team has them drafting in the middle of the first round.
We're gonna repeat history and bring in Aaron Rodgers lol

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
No one said he’s gonna walk for free but at some point you have to make a decision and either use him to his abilities or trade him before you crater his value even further. He’s clearly not happy there and is going to cause more issues if it keeps going this route

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No one said he’s gonna walk for free but at some point you have to make a decision and either use him to his abilities or trade him before you crater his value even further. He’s clearly not happy there and is going to cause more issues if it keeps going this route
Yeah they pretty much already did that with Denzel Mims, now the Moore thing is an excuse to try to rehabilitate his value

And I actually hate him as a person more than Favre lol
Well if we're comparing it to what we knew of Favre at age 38 before he became a Jet sure...but with what we know of Favre since, he's clearly a bigger cretin than Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad