Prospect Info: [2022 - 62nd] Lane Hutson (NCAA - Boston University)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Doctor use science and statistics to do that. I was followed by a doc until I was 13 years old (the first few years it was every 3 months) because I did the exact opposite: gaining weight and height too fast. The doc said I would normalize* at 18-20 years old and she was right.

*Rejoin the normal curve for weight/height. I stopped growing at 13 years old, but I was as tall and heavy as an adult when I did.

Doctors predicted my height to be 6 ft 2.

I'm 5 ft 10-11 (and thank f***ing god, because my back pain would be even worse at 6 ft 2!)

Sure, you can use statistics to find a probable ballpark, but it's an extremely inexact science.

Anyway, the point is not that, just that it's funny how Hutson's clan is bringing up weather predictions about his future height.

Just assume you'll stay the same size and visualize going to the NHL that way, that's all he can do.

He has the skills to succeed.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Doctors predicted my height to be 6 ft 2.

I'm 5 ft 10-11 (and thank f***ing god, because my back pain would be even worse at 6 ft 2!)

Sure, you can use statistics to find a probable ballpark, but it's an extremely inexact science.

Anyway, the point is not that, just that it's funny how Hutson's clan is bringing up weather predictions about his future height.

Just assume you'll stay the same size and visualize going to the NHL that way, that's all he can do.

He has the skills to succeed.
I think the growth thing is mostly his dad trying to "up his stock". He's apparently really into getting his son into the NHL and it's clear his height was a big concern to many teams. With a few more inches, he was going top 10.

But, I would say his main problem is actually his weight and not his height...

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I think the growth thing is mostly his dad trying to "up his stock". He's apparently really into getting his son into the NHL and it's clear his height was a big concern to many teams. With a few more inches, he was going top 10.

Indeed.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

Exactly. Krug is 5'9 but he is 190lbs.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What the f*** does that even mean? Sounds like going to a diseuse de bonne aventure disguised with a veneer of science and medicine lmao

"Hello, team-that-wants-to-draft-me, here's my paper from the Doctor, indicating I still have 7.8 cm of growth left based on advanced testing of my bones that were revealed to be 68 days and 3 hours delayed compared to average".

This is crazy talk.

His growth will be whatever it is, can't predict it.
I get it. Science is hard.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

They say he's not done growing right? Because his bone growth is delayed?

So if he can grow another inch or two, and be 5'10", he'll be even better.

And I think I read before that he gained 10 pounds since last year because of the training regimen he's on.

He's listed at 5'8" and 158 lbs now. If he ends up like 5'10" and 170 lbs, he'll be about perfect.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
And Quinn Hughes like 5’10 and 165 lbs, so Hutson can quite easily make it on his skillset if he can get to similar proportions. You can tell by looking at him how much physical development he has left.
Krug's 190 lbs is better in term of dzone play thought. At 170 lbs, you get pushed around too easily and lose efficiency in the playoffs...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Krug's 190 lbs is better in term of dzone play thought. At 170 lbs, you get pushed around too easily and lose efficiency in the playoffs...
Hutson will be his own player, doesn’t matter about Krug or Hughes, or Bouillon.

He has the offensive game and IQ to be an impact NHL offensive d-man. It’s entirely possible that his defensively play isn’t going to good enough to propel him to be a genuine top-4 guy but if he can run a PP we can find ways to shelter him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sounds like the ''can Hutson still grow a bit'' saga will be one of the top ones around here next season :laugh: The kid should measure himself every few weeks, make a pencil mark on a wall and post videos of it on twitter.

Lane Hutson's job this coming year:

1657390038314.png

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
Smurf.Period
Habs continue tradition of finding the smallest player available.
Imagine Mete part 2 but even shitier

Ahhh.... I was starting to the think the board was going soft. I hadn't heard a smurf reference until now. I knew it was only a matter of time, but I was heartened it had taken so long. Is it really that much of a problem that CC is the size he is if he scores 30 per year and is effective on the power play? Same here with LH. At the same time they got LH, they also got Dach and Slaf... on average, the team got bigger, especially in the short term. Oh well, there will always be a few....

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nice shift:

Grow. Grow. Grow. :thumbu:

This guy is going to be such a beauty. Grow another 2 inches and gain about 10-15 pounds and he will be one hell of a prospect.

I read that he gained 10 pounds this past year because of the regimen he's on. He gained that in 1 year. So reason to believe he can gain another 10 this coming year.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
Check this out, incredible, i appreciate more those hidden gems than a first overall pick

I will reiterate what I said previously, much of his very productive offense was against NCAA teams, as was that clip. He is going to the NCAA and will get big minutes from day 1 and will dominate there. Think of the players that have come out of the NCAA as dominant players and what they've done when they get to the NHL.... If he grows an inch or two, it's icing on the cake.... he will be a productive NHLer regardless.

This guy is going to be such a beauty. Grow another 2 inches and gain about 10-15 pounds and he will be one hell of a prospect.

I read that he gained 10 pounds this past year because of the regimen he's on. He gained that in 1 year. So reason to believe he can gain another 10 this coming year.

Unfortunately, no college programs train the way they do at the NTDP, so, not a linear projection.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad