Prospect Info: [2022 - 26th] Filip Mesar (OHL - Kitchener Rangers)

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Apparently, he is not coming at rookie developpement camp next week. Weird decision

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Drafting a player like Demidov (and even Hage to a lesser extent) will be good for Mesar. He can now develop at his own pace with less spotlight on him as there are strong forward prospects in the system. Will be nice to see him, Beck and Florian in Laval.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Drafting a player like Demidov (and even Hage to a lesser extent) will be good for Mesar. He can now develop at his own pace with less spotlight on him as there are strong forward prospects in the system. Will be nice to see him, Beck and Florian in Laval.

Perhaps short term, but long term this draft just ramped up the pressure on him...

Adding 4 fwds (3 C's) with top 9 potential in Demidov, Hage, Sawyer & Koivu just made the road to permanent Habs top 9 spot that much tougher.

Mesar had a skill edge when looking at Farrell, Heineman, Beck, Kapanen, Rohrer, Kidney etc. as the competition... that's not so much the case with the new picks

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Consistency seems like the issue with Mesar

Looking at last season:

First 28 games (including wjc), he had 45 pts (1.61 ppg)
Then next 22 games, he had 16 pts (0.73 ppg)
Last 10 games (playoffs), he had 16 pts (1.6 ppg)

He produced at a high rate, but hasn't been able to maintain it for a full season

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Apparently, he is not coming at rookie developpement camp next week. Weird decision

None of the 22s are. It's a short camp only 3 days (2-5). There's no point taking these players away from training in their home country for 3 freaking days.

It's just an introduction for new players. Get them meeting the organization people, development team etc, get them on a plan and look at invitees who were not drafted.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Looking at last season:

He produced at a high rate, but hasn't been able to maintain it for a full season
He was injured (head hit) coming back from the wjc and he had a dry spell after being cleared to play (probably wasn't fully ok).

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I love it when keyboard warriors make broad judgements on a kid's character based on some quotes on the Internet. We live in such times...

Europeans and Russians are often very direct and transparent when giving interviews in their own country.

In North America, everyone is taught from a young age to watch what you say, to always say positive things no matter what you think. We have this culture of judging and condemning (amplified by orders of magnitude over the last 5 years), which is why everyone is afraid of speaking their minds. (So much for free speech, but let's not go there)

Can anyone honestly say, or even believe, that no other athlete in any team sports has ever thought that about some teammates? Honestly? It's not because you don't say it that you don't think it... I guess it's better character to be a hypocrit than being honest. You certainly look better to the North America Internet public, I guess.

I'll show myself out of this thread, because it has become toxic once again. I guess people had to find another kid to dunk on because it's becoming hard to do so in the Slaf thread...

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Looking at last season:

You never know how injured players are

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I love it when keyboard warriors make broad judgements on a kid's character based on some quotes on the Internet. We live in such times...

Europeans and Russians are often very direct and transparent when giving interviews in their own country.

In North America, everyone is taught from a young age to watch what you say, to always say positive things no matter what you think. We have this culture of judging and condemning (amplified by orders of magnitude over the last 5 years), which is why everyone is afraid of speaking their minds. (So much for free speech, but let's not go there)

Can anyone honestly say, or even believe, that no other athlete in any team sports has ever thought that about some teammates? Honestly? It's not because you don't say it that you don't think it... I guess it's better character to be a hypocrit than being honest. You certainly look better to the North America Internet public, I guess.

I'll show myself out of this thread, because it has become toxic once again. I guess people had to find another kid to dunk on because it's becoming hard to do so in the Slaf thread...

In Mesar's case its ignorant people who bash him.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Quotes from Mesar:

"I have no idea where the information about Winnipeg came from or who wrote it. On the same day that it was being discussed, I was arranging my flight tickets to Montreal. No one from the club talked to me about a trade. Of course, it can always happen, the NHL is a business first and foremost, but I don't have any such information. Interestingly, nothing is mentioned in the Canadian media, and in Slovakia, we know about the trade..."

"I wanted to make the AHL last year. In the end, it turned out to be the same situation as in my first season after the draft. After the camp, I had many meetings with the Canadiens' management. We discussed many things. When they decided to send me to juniors, I didn't have a problem with it. I took it as motivation to show that I no longer belong in juniors. The season was more successful than the previous one, although it could always be better."

People and players who know me understand that I'm not like that. I was the first to help if younger teammates were struggling. You shouldn't believe everything on the internet. I experienced what it was like to play with older players when I joined the A-team in Poprad as a junior. I'm not the type of person to criticize. It's sad."

"I had a call with the development coach. He told me I didn't even need to come to the development camp; the priority was to have good summer training. I focused on strength training. I believe that I am now well-prepared for men’s hockey."

"I definitely have it in my mind that I want to play games in the NHL, but I'm not overly focused on it. I'm trying to work hard and do everything to seize my chance in the AHL. I'm not prioritizing the NHL right now."

"They remind me that I should take more responsibility myself. I try to work on it, but when you're a playmaker, it's hard to change. I admit that in some situations, I could have taken a shot but instead passed unnecessarily."

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Quotes from Mesar:

"I have no idea where the information about Winnipeg came from or who wrote it. On the same day that it was being discussed, I was arranging my flight tickets to Montreal. No one from the club talked to me about a trade. Of course, it can always happen, the NHL is a business first and foremost, but I don't have any such information. Interestingly, nothing is mentioned in the Canadian media, and in Slovakia, we know about the trade..."

"I wanted to make the AHL last year. In the end, it turned out to be the same situation as in my first season after the draft. After the camp, I had many meetings with the Canadiens' management. We discussed many things. When they decided to send me to juniors, I didn't have a problem with it. I took it as motivation to show that I no longer belong in juniors. The season was more successful than the previous one, although it could always be better."

People and players who know me understand that I'm not like that. I was the first to help if younger teammates were struggling. You shouldn't believe everything on the internet. I experienced what it was like to play with older players when I joined the A-team in Poprad as a junior. I'm not the type of person to criticize. It's sad."

"I had a call with the development coach. He told me I didn't even need to come to the development camp; the priority was to have good summer training. I focused on strength training. I believe that I am now well-prepared for men’s hockey."

"I definitely have it in my mind that I want to play games in the NHL, but I'm not overly focused on it. I'm trying to work hard and do everything to seize my chance in the AHL. I'm not prioritizing the NHL right now."

"They remind me that I should take more responsibility myself. I try to work on it, but when you're a playmaker, it's hard to change. I admit that in some situations, I could have taken a shot but instead passed unnecessarily."
Lockeroom cancer

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
He stinks, and was not worth the pick.

There, I said it for those who didn't want to take the abuse from the Mesar Fan Club. They remind me of the Sebastian Collberg, Louis Leblanc and Kyle Chipchura Army that swore we had gems and must never be traded away.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Quotes from Mesar:

If it's on the internet it must be true 🤣

There, I said it for those who didn't want to take the abuse from the Mesar Fan Club. They remind me of the Sebastian Collberg, Louis Leblanc and Kyle Chipchura Army that swore we had gems and must never be traded away.
He may not pan out but damn...give him a chance, he is barely 20.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal

If it's on the internet it must be true 🤣

He may not pan out but damn...give him a chance, he is barely 20.
i agree with both these posts whole-heartedly

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I don't know if he will succeed or not.

But one thing for sure... if they pass on Kulich or Lambert from him, imagine the teams passed on Lane Hutson lol.

I'd rather have 100% Lane Hutson over Kulich or Lambert.

Engstrom and Beck are very very good pick aswell.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

You hated Subban and you still hate him now when he's doing espn shows.

what does Leblanc have in common with any prospects? His mom was forcing him to go to Harvard so she could tell her friends that her son went to Harvard, hockey was not a priority for that family.

Colberg got a serious health issue

Same for Chipchura i think

Mesar is the next Scott Gomez / Martin St-Louis... get used to it.

He's now coming stronger than ever so GET USED TO IT BOYYY.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Maybe you remember things differently, but I'm pretty sure there was near unanimous support/approval of the Vanek/Colberg trade :dunno:

Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad