Prospect Info: [2022 - 26th] Filip Mesar (OHL - Kitchener Rangers)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You hated Subban and you still hate him now when he's doing espn shows.

what does Leblanc have in common with any prospects? His mom was forcing him to go to Harvard so she could tell her friends that her son went to Harvard, hockey was not a priority for that family.

Colberg got a serious health issue

Same for Chipchura i think

Mesar is the next Scott Gomez / Martin St-Louis... get used to it.

He's now coming stronger than ever so GET USED TO IT BOYYY.
Kilorn attended Harvard for a full 4-yrs before joining TBay org, Adam Fox did a full 3-yrs, if anything forcing Leblanc out of Harvard after 1-year to play in the prehistoric Q was the wrong move.

Leblanc needed a full 4-yrs at college to get bigger & stronger, especially during those days of heavy hockey

BTW - Leblanc’s father was a chemist or biochemist and was keen on education, which is what Kilorn’s family were hell bent on as well … and they’re right.

It just takes one freak injury to end a hockey career that never begins… they have something to fall back on to make a good living

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
So much hate for Mesar. Ok, he was a 1st round pick.. but at the end of the day, he is one prospect among a very large prospect pool. He has more potential than most, maybe less likelihood to reach it than some others. Still a quality piece.

He brings some playmaking and puck moving that most players cannot do. I can see him being an NHL player and a pretty good one for that reason. If he doesn't make it here, we have other guys who will. No need for hyperbole. He isn't the greatest and he doesn't suck.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

26th Overall pick historical success rate:

• 1+ NHL Games: 81.8% (45/55)
  • 100+ NHL Games: 60.0% (33/55)
  • 300+ NHL Games: 38.1% (21/55)
  • 500+ NHL Games: 23.6% (13/55)
  • 750+ NHL Games: 12.7% (7/55)
  • 1000+ NHL Games: 3.6% (2/55)
  • 1+ NHL Points: 78.2% (43/55)
  • 100+ NHL Points: 30.9% (17/55)
  • 300+ NHL Points: 20.0% (11/55)
  • 500+ NHL Points: 12.7% (7/55)
  • 750+ NHL Points: 3.6% (2/55)
  • 1000+ NHL Points: 0.0% (0/55)

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

Not accurate.

You need to compare him with the same player type, short, high iq, speedy, playmaker

Some players drop ranking due to size and some others get bumped in ranking because of it.

Mesar was ranked 10th-15th in some of the rankings

Mcarron was ranked very low and got drafted 25th

Mesar is very much a high end offensive prospect that was only lacking a bit of strengh and size. The moutain he needs to over come is much simpler than those who dont have skills

Therefore his ascension to the nhl should be almost a given.

Reactions: Tyson

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The guy has talent, if he puts it all together he could very well have a Ondrej Palat/Tomas Tatar career and you need some of those guys to get there.

Also, team Slovakia thinks highly of him

If he have a career like Palat//Tatar, everyone will be happy. I see Tatar in his game aswell. He have very good hands like Tatar.

I already imagine Mesar become the next Tatar and Roy the next Toffoli, they have both potential to become that.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
I remember when a dude threw a temper and quit HF after they traded Chris Murray away , around the same time Bob Mackenzie had an account here. Good times
Chris Murray last played for the Habs in 1997. We had HFBoards back then? Or do you mean Garth Murray?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He was a bad pick, there's no way around it. They did it for Slaf, it's clear as day. At the end of the day though I don't think a chad like Slaf needed Mesar at all.

Bystedt, Kulich, Lambert, Schaefer, Minten, Nyman all fix the size+skill problem to various extent. Firkus, Trikozov, Goyette and Buchelnikov probably solve the skill issue better than Mesar. Warren, Luneau and Lamoureux clearly fill a need too.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not accurate.

You need to compare him with the same player type, short, high iq, speedy, playmaker

Some players drop ranking due to size and some others get bumped in ranking because of it.

Mesar was ranked 10th-15th in some of the rankings

Mcarron was ranked very low and got drafted 25th

Mesar is very much a high end offensive prospect that was only lacking a bit of strengh and size. The moutain he needs to over come is much simpler than those who dont have skills

Therefore his ascension to the nhl should be almost a given.
Drafting 17-18 yr olds is never a given, except when drafting McDavid, Crosby types.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Mesar will be an elite player in the NHL, there's no question.
Only time will tell - Plekanec needed 3-full AHL + nearly 2-full NHL seasons before catching the wind beneath his sails to become a damn good NHL C but was a ways away from elite

Every prospect has their unique timeline, as long as Mesar gets “there” that’s all that matters - elite is asking a bit much, but I do hope so

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Chris Murray last played for the Habs in 1997. We had HFBoards back then? Or do you mean Garth Murray?

The old HF , it was an txtbased bbs. When they migrated to the old form Bobby Mack had an account here as well. This site has been around forever in one form or another

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Even if he does make it, I don’t see him as having a role in the top 6. We need bigger players. It would be great if he can slot on the third line and surround him with bigger players like Florian and Tuch and put up decent numbers with PP time.
I would love to have a top 9 that functions like a top 6. TLDR I’m a bad writer: I want 3 scoring lines

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What strange is that we mostly now believe and for some appreciate that this management draft for needs. And since it's easier to evaluate....what needs did Mesar brought? If we had enough smaller players to not draft Michkov or Benson or this year's Catton..we didn't have enough smaller players drafting Mesar? Which smaller players did we add between Mesar's and the following drafts so that it makes Mesar a needs, and didn't make the others? If you wanted pure talent....what did Mesar have that Kulich, a bigger guy didn't have?

Anyway, REALLY can't wait what Vincent will do with him. That's the most interesting story this year in Laval. And of course seeing Reinbacher evolves.

Reactions: rahad and mdk

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I don't we can say that every single management pick was for needs. I mean, you can switch it up if you want. lol

That aside. Mesar has some serious offensive skill, whether it can transfer at the AHL or NHL level, we'll see.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Mesar will be an elite player in the NHL, there's no question.
He'll have to avoid playing on the periphery as a Pro to become elite.
Let's start with that first and then make more educated prognostications as we go. :popcorn:

I'd love to see him become a high event forward regardless of where he lines up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad