2022-23 Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
One of the top contenders in the East will fail and look to shake things up. May be our best hope for trading Dubois not to Montreal.

I imagine Edmonton will be all in for Helle if they dont do well in the playoffs. Buffalo and maybe Ottawa too.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
When does your self-imposed ban end? I, for one, am looking forward to your return.
The day the Jets season comes to an end. Here's a teaser...

explosion-run-away.gif

:nod:

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
So if we do sell how do you see it playing out? We actually have a ridiculous # of guys who are UFA next year, so much so that I think we'd have to sell about half during the draft/offseason to get full value for the rest of the lot at the deadline.

This is assuming no one wants to re-sign.

Out by TDL:
Scheifele -> 1st, prospect, plus
PLD -> 1st, prospect, plus
Nino -> 2nd
Helle -> 2 firsts plus?
Wheeler -> mid rounder at deadline
Dillon -> conditional 2nd?
Demelo -> conditional 2nd?

That's a pretty insane return of picks to start building around, not to mention a couple years of top 10 picks of our own + our current pool.

The biggest thing would be the hope that divicentis is legit or picking up the future starter this draft - goalies take a long time to be ready.

Rough projection this time next year based on above returns:
4x 2024 Firsts (ours being top 10)
2x 2025 Firsts (ours being top 10)
3x 2024 2nds
extra mid rounders

With Lucius, Lambert, McGroarty, and our 2023 picks in the stable.

Lineup with those guys gone looks like a lottery team which would make a for a rough 4 or 5 of years as all of those picks develop. Ehlers + Pionk + Schmidt are UFA the year afterwards, and I see them likely being sold as well at the 2025 deadline.

Barron - Lowry - Ehlers
Connor - Perfetti - Appleton
Harkins - Stenlund - Kuhlman
AJF - Gus - Reichel

Morrissey - Schmidt
Samberg - Pionk
Capo - Heinola

with ??? in net
Would assume they would sign a few “gud pros” in off season to one year deals to flip at deadline for some more darts….

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
We need to get into bottom 12 to have a shot at 1…. We would need to lose almost every game…. So cheer to get in and have a couple more nights of hockey at this point
Too late in the game to have hopes at getting in position for #1, but finish 14/15/16 and potentially moving up to 4/5/6 is still a HUGE WIN in my books. Sure would be sweeter than getting embarrassed in round 1 and picking 17/18/19.

Reactions: WolfHouse

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Too late in the game to have hopes at getting in position for #1, but finish 14/15/16 and potentially moving up to 4/5/6 is still a HUGE WIN in my books. Sure would be sweeter than getting embarrassed in round 1 and picking 17/18/19.

Sure 4/5/6 would be great, but there are going to be some very good players available at 14/15/16 this year, even if no one ahead of those spots pulls a Boston and picks some 2nd rd talent, even if no one falls for some poor reason.

Reactions: SCP Guy

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
After last night I’m all in for the tank this team is going nowhere and it’s so obvious. How we don’t find a way to win last night is just beyond me. that was just about the most important game and we needed it we wanted it and we didn’t get it. All making the playoffs is going to do is stop Chevy from selling everything. Not making the playoffs at least we’ll get us a re tool. There’s something wrong with the score and it’s becoming so apparent. Sell helly off while his stock is high.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Not that I take solace in the team underperforming, but with the Trade Thread dormant post-TDL I figured this would be the next best thread.

If this is truly the beginning of the end for the core, where do the big dogs fit in best and what kind of return could we realistically expect to see? Won’t bother listing picks, instead will focus on young players and prospects. Will include (-) for players that I wouldn’t personally want, and (+) for those I’d specifically target.

Hellebuyck: top-5 goalie, year-in-year-out

EDM - finally gives 97 and 29 a goalie on the same plane of existence.

Ammo:
Stuart Skinner
Evan Bouchard
Dylan Holloway (+)
Xavier Bourgault
Philip Broberg (-)

NJD - poised for next decade with young forwards and defensemen

Ammo:
Dawson Mercer (+)
Simon Nemec
Alexander Holtz (-)
Seamus Casey

LAK - a retool-in-progress team that is used to elite goaltending

Ammo:
Brandt Clarke
Quinton Byfield
Alex Turcotte
Helge Grans
Jordan Spence

Scheifele: 1B right-shot centre/shooting winger

CAR - in need of support behind S. Aho, looking to make next step

Ammo:
Seth Jarvis
Scott Morrow (+)
Alex Nikishin
Pyotr Kochetkov
Jack Drury

COL - support behind MacKinnon/Kadri replacement at 2C

Ammo:
Alex Newhook
Bowen Byram (+)
Samuel Girard (-)

Pierre-Luc Dubois: 1B workhorse power forward

MTL - the obvious choice. Enough said.

Ammo:
Kirby Dach
Lane Hutson
Sean Farrell (-)
Owen Beck
Filip Mesar

SEA - shiny new big market, high-quality, young core

Ammo:

David Goyette
Jagger Firkus
Ty Nelson
Jani Nyman

BOS - big market, changing of guard at C, known for gritty play

Ammo:
Brandon Carlo
Fabian Lysell
Mason Lohrei
Matthew Poitras

Thoughts?

Last edited:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
All aboard - this is not a playoff team at the moment. Every player with a hangnail should enjoy some popcorn in the PB.

Reactions: Fairview

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
They really can't tank this year. But they may not need to. They re not tanking right now and managing to lose most games they play anyway!
maybe the complete sell-off of the goods this off-season will lead to some high picks in the next few years and an eventual return to relevance.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
My prediction: you won't see a massive sell off this offseason. Rather, there may be a handful of moves made, so 1-3. Standard excuses by Chevy , followed by status quo.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I rarely comment in this thread...

But I can't help myself at the moment, but I have to say...

Chevy is vindicated for making the savvy the acquisitions he did... just the upper end middle players we needed with some term... players that know how to play their role and be effective...

Chevy didn't make the big kill acquisitions for big money layout because he had figured something out... would have been a waste...

I think Chevy had seen enough after inserting Bones and his ethic, then the collapse after the Jets little hiatus...

He has confirmed lack of character in some of the core...

I expect some serious moves coming up once this group is done this year...

It doesn't matter if this team squeaks into the play offs... the core of this team just doesn't have it and never will...

Time to move on from them...

Feel free to insert names into this conversation... draft picks, more Nino' and Name' type players, young existing talent with possible upside... etc....

Send the malcontents, can't get alongs, lack of focus players to our competition... it should make them weaker...

:popcorn:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I rarely comment in this thread...

But I can't help myself at the moment, but I have to say...

Chevy is vindicated for making the savvy the acquisitions he did... just the upper end middle players we needed with some term... players that know how to play their role and be effective...

Chevy didn't make the big kill acquisitions for big money layout because he had figured something out... would have been a waste...

I think Chevy had seen enough after inserting Bones and his ethic, then the collapse after the Jets little hiatus...

He has confirmed lack of character in some of the core...

I expect some serious moves coming up once this group is done this year...

It doesn't matter if this team squeaks into the play offs... the core of this team just doesn't have it and never will...

Time to move on from them...

Feel free to insert names into this conversation... draft picks, more Nino' and Name' type players, young existing talent with possible upside... etc....

Send the malcontents, can't get alongs, lack of focus players to our competition... it should make them weaker...

:popcorn:
I agree with this .

I just don’t think chevy should get a pass for a decade of failure. He drafted and chose to keep everyone year after year

Another gm should be making the moves imo

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Not that I take solace in the team underperforming, but with the Trade Thread dormant post-TDL I figured this would be the next best thread.

If this is truly the beginning of the end for the core, where do the big dogs fit in best and what kind of return could we realistically expect to see? Won’t bother listing picks, instead will focus on young players and prospects. Will include (-) for players that I wouldn’t personally want, and (+) for those I’d specifically target.

Hellebuyck: top-5 goalie, year-in-year-out

EDM - finally gives 97 and 29 a goalie on the same plane of existence.

Ammo:
Stuart Skinner
Evan Bouchard
Dylan Holloway (+)
Xavier Bourgault
Philip Broberg (-)

NJD - poised for next decade with young forwards and defensemen

Ammo:
Dawson Mercer (+)
Simon Nemec
Alexander Holtz (-)
Seamus Casey

LAK - a retool-in-progress team that is used to elite goaltending

Ammo:
Brandt Clarke
Quinton Byfield
Alex Turcotte
Helge Grans
Jordan Spence

Scheifele: 1B right-shot centre/shooting winger

CAR - in need of support behind S. Aho, looking to make next step

Ammo:
Seth Jarvis
Scott Morrow (+)
Alex Nikishin
Pyotr Kochetkov
Jack Drury

COL - support behind MacKinnon/Kadri replacement at 2C

Ammo:
Alex Newhook
Bowen Byram (+)
Samuel Girard (-)

Pierre-Luc Dubois: 1B workhorse power forward

MTL - the obvious choice. Enough said.

Ammo:
Kirby Dach
Lane Hutson
Sean Farrell (-)
Owen Beck
Filip Mesar

SEA - shiny new big market, high-quality, young core

Ammo:

David Goyette
Jagger Firkus
Ty Nelson
Jani Nyman

BOS - big market, changing of guard at C, known for gritty play

Ammo:
Brandon Carlo
Fabian Lysell
Mason Lohrei
Matthew Poitras

Thoughts?
I’m on board. This group has run it’s course, stumbling mightily.

I would add the Florida 1st as ammunition Chevy will target if it doesn’t win the draft lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad