2022-23 Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
There’re eight points between us and a top 10 pick. These upcoming games are huge. We keep losing and hopefully some teams behind us will be able to catch us.

We’ve got Edmonton twice. That should be good. Then we have San Jose at home. Hoping for the usual effort there and hopefully a loss. Then we have the Wild and we never show up against them so that’s a guaranteed loss.

This is our chance to slip up big. Just keep playing like they have the past couple months. We can do it. One game at a time.

Chevy did his part today. Time for the players to finish the job. :nod:

:sarcasm:
Best possible would be squeezing behind Detroit for 10th, in my opinion. But, if there's a will there a way.

Reactions: Fairview

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So after the fantastic first half of the season the team has regressed to what many thought they were last summer.

Time for a reboot.

New GM, trade the old guard for a haul this summer and start over.

No one should be safe except Morrissey (he may want out though if Helle and Scheifele and Dubois are moved for mostly futures)

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Are we passed saying they are just in a rough patch and now accept this team were just pretenders up to this point?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
It's so bizarre that last year we had a decent offence but the defence stank, and now it is the opposite this year, although we are regressing in defence now too, so that isn't great.

Hoping the boys can pull it together in time to make it to and advance in the playoffs. They did all of the hard work at the beginning of the season, and we're so close. Just have to get there - anything can happen in the playoffs!

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
It's so bizarre that last year we had a decent offence but the defence stank, and now it is the opposite this year, although we are regressing in defence now too, so that isn't great.

Hoping the boys can pull it together in time to make it to and advance in the playoffs. They did all of the hard work at the beginning of the season, and we're so close. Just have to get there - anything can happen in the playoffs!
Woah, woah, woah… easy now. This is the tank thread.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Hope everything is okay with @nobody imp0rtant ... haven't seen him around these parts in a while and you'd think he'd be posting in this thread about now considering what the Jets are doing and his love for the tank.
I'm fine, thanks for the concern. Just a self-imposed ban on posting so as not to upset the masses with my POV. :)

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
If the Jets tank at this point and miss the playoffs, there will definitely be a massive rebuild this offseason. No point holding onto players like Hellebuyck if this core is not good enough to make the playoffs two years in a row.

Do I want to see the Jets collapse just to get an OK first round draft pick? Nah. I'd like to see this core fight in one more playoff season. If this core just collapses... quite sure my interest in this franchise would vanish for a few years... though, I would be morbidly curious to see what the Jets can get for these guys and how these players will do elsewhere.

What a disappointing "window" with so many highly regarded skill players.

Good to hear everything is okay. Always a worry when long-active posters suddenly disappear.
You didn't seem that worried when my posting activity dropped off.

:confused:

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Hmmmm, collapse now and miss the playoffs or fight to get in and collapse in 4 ugly games against someone like the Avalanche! Tough decision.

I like their odds with the draft lottery better than their odds of pulling off a first round upset as sad as that sounds. :(

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Hmmmm, collapse now and miss the playoffs or fight to get in and collapse in 4 ugly games against someone like the Avalanche! Tough decision.

I like their odds with the draft lottery better than their odds of pulling off a first round upset as sad as that sounds. :(
We need to get into bottom 12 to have a shot at 1…. We would need to lose almost every game…. So cheer to get in and have a couple more nights of hockey at this point

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
If the Jets tank at this point and miss the playoffs, there will definitely be a massive rebuild this offseason. No point holding onto players like Hellebuyck if this core is not good enough to make the playoffs two years in a row.

Do I want to see the Jets collapse just to get an OK first round draft pick? Nah. I'd like to see this core fight in one more playoff season. If this core just collapses... quite sure my interest in this franchise would vanish for a few years... though, I would be morbidly curious to see what the Jets can get for these guys and how these players will do elsewhere.

What a disappointing "window" with so many highly regarded skill players.

You didn't seem that worried when my posting activity dropped off.

:confused:

I'd be worried if it was switch time and you were missing. Besides, I have seen you areound with your hot takes about Provorov situations.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So if we do sell how do you see it playing out? We actually have a ridiculous # of guys who are UFA next year, so much so that I think we'd have to sell about half during the draft/offseason to get full value for the rest of the lot at the deadline.

This is assuming no one wants to re-sign.

Out by TDL:
Scheifele -> 1st, prospect, plus
PLD -> 1st, prospect, plus
Nino -> 2nd
Helle -> 2 firsts plus?
Wheeler -> mid rounder at deadline
Dillon -> conditional 2nd?
Demelo -> conditional 2nd?

That's a pretty insane return of picks to start building around, not to mention a couple years of top 10 picks of our own + our current pool.

The biggest thing would be the hope that divicentis is legit or picking up the future starter this draft - goalies take a long time to be ready.

Rough projection this time next year based on above returns:
4x 2024 Firsts (ours being top 10)
2x 2025 Firsts (ours being top 10)
3x 2024 2nds
extra mid rounders

With Lucius, Lambert, McGroarty, and our 2023 picks in the stable.

Lineup with those guys gone looks like a lottery team which would make a for a rough 4 or 5 of years as all of those picks develop. Ehlers + Pionk + Schmidt are UFA the year afterwards, and I see them likely being sold as well at the 2025 deadline.

Barron - Lowry - Ehlers
Connor - Perfetti - Appleton
Harkins - Stenlund - Kuhlman
AJF - Gus - Reichel

Morrissey - Schmidt
Samberg - Pionk
Capo - Heinola

with ??? in net

Reactions: Vinther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad