2022-23 Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Not yet :naughty:

I think it's wildly unrealistic and is never going to happen.

. . But if it did.
We’d be looking at no playoffs for the foreseeable future. Considering where we are the damage done by sliding that far would be unthinkable. PLD, Scheif and Helle all look for the exit and our other star players follow the em out the door shortly after.

Bedard isn’t worth that. The way the Czech team neutralized him makes me think that he could struggle to produce early on at the NHL level. Especially if our team has little to no talent to play with him.

Reactions: rkp and Buffdog

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We’d be looking at no playoffs for the foreseeable future. Considering where we are the damage done by sliding that far would be unthinkable. PLD, Scheif and Helle all look for the exit and our other star players follow the em out the door shortly after.

Bedard isn’t worth that. The way the Czech team neutralized him makes me think that he could struggle to produce early on at the NHL level. Especially if our team has little to no talent to play with him.

I'm with you on the tanking turning away guys.

Bedard is going to absolutely dominate the NHL as a goalscorer at minimum. There is NOTHING pre-draft in any tournament or game that puts him below a single prospect since McDavid.

The fact he put up the points he did against the Elite of his D+2! Group of youth is insane. He's 17.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm with you on the tanking turning away guys.

Bedard is going to absolutely dominate the NHL as a goalscorer at minimum. There is NOTHING pre-draft in any tournament or game that puts him below a single prospect since McDavid.

The fact he put up the points he did against the Elite of his D+2! Group of youth is insane. He's 17.

I have no doubt he is talented beyond belief. Plug him into our current top 6 and he would feast. Put him with only 2 or 3 top 6 players (no dominant stars) and he’d produce less.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Cheering for a tank at this point is basically cheering for the Jets to miss the playoffs against making the playoffs. The pick will be 13-16 if we miss. So yeah!

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have no doubt he is talented beyond belief. Plug him into our current top 6 and he would feast. Put him on a with only 2 or 3 top 6 players (no dominant stars) and he’d produce less.

Like Laine did? We overestimate a *blow up* of this team.

Cheering for a tank at this point is basically cheering for the Jets to miss the playoffs against making the playoffs. The pick will be 13-16 if we miss. So yeah!

This is the tank thread. Stop whining.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
The irony in this thread... our highest ever pick Laine at 2... we weren't supposed to pick there. We won the 2nd spot via lottery balls....

So ppl who want to tank? Why? It guarantees you nothing

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
We ride at dawn, biatches!

evan-denty-highresscreenshot00001.jpg

Reactions: razorsedge

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
There’re eight points between us and a top 10 pick. These upcoming games are huge. We keep losing and hopefully some teams behind us will be able to catch us.

We’ve got Edmonton twice. That should be good. Then we have San Jose at home. Hoping for the usual effort there and hopefully a loss. Then we have the Wild and we never show up against them so that’s a guaranteed loss.

This is our chance to slip up big. Just keep playing like they have the past couple months. We can do it. One game at a time.

Chevy did his part today. Time for the players to finish the job. :nod:

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad