2022-23 Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That would be great at this stage, especially if we start playing the kids if we fall out of wild card.
Which kids are we going to play? And do you really think Chipman going to say tank this thing so I don’t make several million dollars by playing playoff games?

Reactions: Guffman

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
That would be great at this stage, especially if we start playing the kids if we fall out of wild card.
How do the Jets honestly fall out of the playoff race with slugs like Trashville and the Flames puttering along?

Pretty unrealistic to think either of those teams will suddenly go on a massive hot streak (Trashville having a super difficult schedule).

Reactions: KingBogo

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The Jets have 11 games to go and are very likely to secure a playoff spot. NOW you guys are hoping the Jets lose a whole lot so that they can inch up a couple of spots for the draft?

What's the point, honestly? Hoping we get a marginally better player that we won't see productively in a Jets uniform for a few years?

I'd rather see the Jets in the playoffs and see if Hellebuyck can destroy the hopes and dreams of a legitimate team.
LOL - yeah, we're in it whether we like it or not.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Which kids are we going to play? And do you really think Chipman going to say tank this thing so I don’t make several million dollars by playing playoff games?

Did you reach my post? Apparently you didn't read it close enough

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
How do the Jets honestly fall out of the playoff race with slugs like Trashville and the Flames puttering along?

Pretty unrealistic to think either of those teams will suddenly go on a massive hot streak (Trashville having a super difficult schedule).

Time will tell where we end up.......

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Reminder to post on topic of the thread, if you don't like the thread leave and don't read or post in it.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Nino & Wheeler likely fetch mid to late picks.

Mark & Helle each would return a 1st rd pick & good prospect and maybe a young roster player

PLD returns a 1st rd pick and decent prospect, maybe a roster player also.

Summary:

Three 1st rd picks, all decent value ones not late picks. 15th-20th range roughly each
Three good prospects
Three potentially younger roster players
A couple mid to late rd picks, plus who ever else we trade.

Rebuild can look different ways, no single right way to do one. Futures (prospects & picks) can be retained to develop slowly over time or can be used in the right situations as trade currency to get roster players. Either way they are used this would greatly speed up any rebuild or retool, if forced to by Mark/Helle not resigning and PLD traded.
Agreed, but I see Wheeler and Niederreiter here until TDL 2024 at least

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
And went back and I didn’t see which young players should be played. Sorry if I missed it.

My first post you quoted, I clearly stated if we fall out of the wild card. Your comment was about Chipman tanking instead of getting playoff money.........which has nothing to do with what I posted.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Agreed, but I see Wheeler and Niederreiter here until TDL 2024 at least

Chevy could be setting up for a big yard sale this summer or TDL next season, but if it happens I think its this summer.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My first post you quoted, I clearly stated if we fall out of the wild card. Your comment was about Chipman tanking instead of getting playoff money.........which has nothing to do with what I posted.
Sorry I thought you were advocating for bringing up some prospects to play and I was curious which ones you were talking about. I guess I missed the falling out of the wildcard race part.

Reactions: Hunter368

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Sorry I thought you were advocating for bringing up some prospects to play and I was curious which ones you were talking about. I guess I missed the falling out of the wildcard race part.

Now if we do fall out of the wild card spot..........give some kids a chance to see what they can do from the Moose bc at that point the father we fall the better and we see what the kids have or don't have or how far they've developed. God knows if we lose the wild card there's a few guys who deserve a night off in the PB

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nino & Wheeler likely fetch mid to late picks.

Mark & Helle each would return a 1st rd pick & good prospect and maybe a young roster player

PLD returns a 1st rd pick and decent prospect, maybe a roster player also.

Summary:

Three 1st rd picks, all decent value ones not late picks. 15th-20th range roughly each
Three good prospects
Three potentially younger roster players
A couple mid to late rd picks, plus who ever else we trade.

Rebuild can look different ways, no single right way to do one. Futures (prospects & picks) can be retained to develop slowly over time or can be used in the right situations as trade currency to get roster players. Either way they are used this would greatly speed up any rebuild or retool, if forced to by Mark/Helle not resigning and PLD traded.

I doubt anyone pays to get Wheeler this off-season. More likely at the TD next year.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Who would be an equivalent player to Scheifele on a different team in terms of a high quality player who could use a change of scenery?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Who would be an equivalent player to Scheifele on a different team in terms of a high quality player who could use a change of scenery?
If Scheifele moves on he will be able to choose where he wants to go. With one year left on his contract Chevy gets his best return on a team where he is willing to re-sign. I have thought for a while he would be a nice #2 Center behind Big Mac in Colorado. He might then get himself a cup or 2.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Chevy could be setting up for a big yard sale this summer or TDL next season, but if it happens I think its this summer.

I think PLD, Pionk and even Scheif/Helle (if Chevy doesn't get good vibes from Helle about reupping his contract) should be traded this summer to maximize return on these assets. Wheeler and Nino's value will probably be the highest at the deadline when the Jets can retain on one or both of them. Dillon can be moved either at the deadline or in the summer, I expect he fetches a good return no matter when he is traded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunter368

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I doubt anyone pays to get Wheeler this off-season. More likely at the TD next year.

Maybe, albeit we heard rumors that Wheeler was in demand last summer.......if the Jets would retain some of his contract. Now one season less, this summer maybe someone gets him cheap or at the TDL

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
If Scheifele moves on he will be able to choose where he wants to go. With one year left on his contract Chevy gets his best return on a team where he is willing to re-sign. I have thought for a while he would be a nice #2 Center behind Big Mac in Colorado. He might then get himself a cup or 2.

I don't think salary cap wise Colorado can make that work. I think Carolina is a great fit for him. They have the capspace, Staal is aging out and they have no real #2C. They'll also want some insurance in case Aho decides to test Free Agency. They are also a team full of "system players" where Scheifele who plays a bit out of the box can help with offensive creativity and they have enough "system defensive" type forwards who can cover for his defensive warts.

The only question is if they'll be comfortable paying him big money going into his 30s, that is a pretty shrewd management group and doing so doesn't seem their style but 55 is one player that can help them get out of the limbo they find themselves in every post-season.

Reactions: KingBogo

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe, albeit we heard rumors that Wheeler was in demand last summer.......if the Jets would retain some of his contract. Now one season less, this summer maybe someone gets him cheap or at the TDL

The return would likely be better at the TD too. Some contender would see him as a good fit.

Reactions: JetsFan815

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I know we need to make big moves but I do find the prospect of Chevy moving 3,4 or 5 players in one offseason mind blowing
It might not be Chevy making those moves. I think if they flame out, either not making playoffs or getting booted 1st round, I can’t see any fathomable reason Chevy gets to stay to draft the next round of kids, let alone trade our core. A new GM would come in and decide who stays and who goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad