Speculation: 2022-23 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Okay I was wrong about how many power play points Bordeleau scored at Michigan last season. My bad. Doesn’t change anything about the flaws in his game that will prevent him from sticking in the NHL.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Okay I was wrong about how many power play points Bordeleau scored at Michigan last season. My bad. Doesn’t change anything about the flaws in his game that will prevent him from sticking in the NHL.

Doesn't that change how you views his D+2 numbers?

Reactions: Gecklund

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Honestly, it's surprising anyone outside the top 10 picks each year make the NHL with how you write off any development from prospects.
I mean there are only about 50 picks per draft who go on to have NHL careers, many of them as easily replaceable depth players.
Doesn't that change how you views his D+2 numbers?
Sure a little bit but I wasn’t relying on his numbers to judge him. I’ve watched him play at multiple levels and the flaws are very apparent. He just doesn’t look like a NHLer the way someone like Eklund clearly does.

• Haha
Reactions: Patty Ice

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
They will, just not for the Sharks. We have zero history of improving player weaknesses or turning late round picks into useful NHL players.
Who was the last late round pick the Sharks turned into a useful NHL player? Justin Braun 15 years ago? Great, keep using that as a reason to delude yourself into believing in every single prospect.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Who was the last late round pick the Sharks turned into a useful NHL player? Justin Braun 15 years ago? Great, keep using that as a reason to delude yourself into believing in every single prospect.
Wingels? Demers? Demelo? Labanc? Balcers? Gregor?

It is stupid to suggest that anyone believes every single prospect will convert so please stop it.

Reactions: thrillermiller89

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean there are only about 50 picks per draft who go on to have NHL careers, many of them as easily replaceable depth players.

Sure a little bit but I wasn’t relying on his numbers to judge him. I’ve watched him play at multiple levels and the flaws are very apparent. He just doesn’t look like a NHLer the way someone like Eklund clearly does.
You quite obviously haven’t watched him on multiple levels. I question whether you’ve seen him at all.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Wingels? Demers? Demelo? Labanc? Balcers? Gregor?

It is stupid to suggest that anyone believes every single prospect will convert so please stop it.
If the consensus was that Bordeleau is going to be a Wingels or Balcers or Gregor level player I wouldn’t bother arguing the point. And of course it makes sense to trade a prospect with that projection for Lundkvist.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Assuming that a "useful player" is a top-half-of-the-lineup guy, there are a couple of players since Braun in 2007: Demers, DeMelo, Labanc. Given that it's too early to judge any draft after 2017, that's 3 players in 9 years (granted, it's not looking too good for the 2017 and 2018 classes...Leonard and Reedy would need to make giant next steps, and Karlsson would have to blow out expectations). That's a pretty good ratio

Looking at the late-round picks from the last 6 drafts, I'd say that Hatakka and Laroque seem most likely to hit that mark.

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I know how you feel. I’m still laughing at your repeated predictions that Jake McGrew would make the NHL.

Yea shame on me for liking a diamond in the rough. The difference being I never said he was a surefire NHLer because I, ya know, watch a guy's development (he had a rough go of injuries, sometimes it is how she goes) rather than make some baseless hot take by playing the odds and some narcissistic need to call attention to myself.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I know how you feel. I’m still laughing at your repeated predictions that Jake McGrew would make the NHL.
Bro go to therapy. Your constant narcissistic behavior and need for attention on here is likely deeper issues. Or go read some kind of how to be nice or how to not be a total dick book.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
It really shouldn’t be this controversial to suggest an undersized second round pick is not going to turn into a top six forward and should be swapped out for a more accomplished right handed defense prospect if possible.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
It really shouldn’t be this controversial to suggest an undersized second round pick is not going to turn into a top six forward and should be swapped out for a more accomplished right handed defense prospect if possible.
I think it’s a safer option but I’d rather take the chance on Bordeleau. There’s nothing to suggest he’s a bust and a lot more to suggest he can actually play in the NHL. Smart player, great passer. Good faceoff guy. Also somehow you can turn leading his team in points at WJC into a poor performance. It’s the same nonsensical argument as turning 10/37 points on the powerplay into a majority.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What are your thoughts on Merkley? Because if I remember right, you’re not a fan. He’s outperformed Lundkvist at the AHL and NHL levels so far. No one is suggested Bordeleau is going to be a top 6 forward. They are saying he has a chance to be a second line forward AND is also one of 2 prospects that COULD be centers at the NHL level.

Reactions: Sandisfan

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
What are your thoughts on Merkley? Because if I remember right, you’re not a fan. He’s outperformed Lundkvist at the AHL and NHL levels so far. No one is suggested Bordeleau is going to be a top 6 forward. They are saying he has a chance to be a second line forward AND is also one of 2 prospects that COULD be centers at the NHL level.
He already told you. Merks didnt go play in some Euro league against "men" of various talent levels so whatever Merks has done doesnt count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad