Speculation: 2022-23 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Sheng suggests trading Bordeleau to New York for Nils Lundkvist. I think that would be a smart move. Lundkvist’s SHL production at a young age was elite. He’s stuck behind Fox and Trouba (maybe even Schneider) on the Rangers depth chart but give him Burns’ offensive opportunities and he could really flourish.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sheng suggests trading Bordeleau to New York for Nils Lundkvist. I think that would be a smart move. Lundkvist’s SHL production at a young age was elite. He’s stuck behind Fox and Trouba (maybe even Schneider) on the Rangers depth chart but give him Burns’ offensive opportunities and he could really flourish.
I can't imagine the Rangers would value Bordeleau all that much. The Sharks should look to acquire Lundkvist but I don't know what they'd ask and if the Sharks even have what they'd want.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I can't imagine the Rangers would value Bordeleau all that much. The Sharks should look to acquire Lundkvist but I don't know what they'd ask and if the Sharks even have what they'd want.
AFAIK they don’t have any center prospects in their system. If the offers are a 2nd round pick or Bordeleau I think they would take him. Doubt any team is offering a 1st for Lundkvist or he would be traded by now.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
IMO at this point I'd rather keep Bordeleau or trade the 2023 2nd round pick suggested. I know your thoughts on Bordeleau already, but having watched NY I don't think Lundkvist is a slam dunk.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
AFAIK they don’t have any center prospects in their system. If the offers are a 2nd round pick or Bordeleau I think they would take him. Doubt any team is offering a 1st for Lundkvist or he would be traded by now.
They may not but they also have lengthy commitments to multiple centers that make it not a huge need to have one like Bordeleau. I'd rather keep Bordeleau and see what he's got the next couple years. I also don't want to move draft picks for really anything at this stage.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They may not but they also have lengthy commitments to multiple centers that make it not a huge need to have one like Bordeleau. I'd rather keep Bordeleau and see what he's got the next couple years. I also don't want to move draft picks for really anything at this stage.
We also have no C prospects apart from Bordeleau. Well Bystedt but he likely tops out at 3C max.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
We also have no C prospects apart from Bordeleau. Well Bystedt but he likely tops out at 3C max.
Unlike future 1C Bordeleau.

I think it's time to cash out on Bordeleau while he still has value. I've seen enough to conclude he won't have a NHL career. Lundkvist may not either but he's a better bet at a position of greater organizational need. Our RD depth chart is so putrid that Lundkvist would immediately be the 2nd or 3rd best player on it.

• Haha
Reactions: Patty Ice

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I think it's time to cash out on Bordeleau while he still has value. I've seen enough to conclude he won't have a NHL career. Lundkvist may not either but he's a better bet at a position of greater organizational need. Our RD depth chart is so putrid that Lundkvist would immediately be the 2nd or 3rd best player on it.
Yes his 8 NHL games are such a huge sample size. Ya know the ones where he got 5 points? Lundkvist who is supposed to be an offensive Dman had less points in more than triple the amount of games on a much better team. Ryan Merkley had more points this year in the AHL in less games. Last year about the same PPG, slightly less. Neither AHL team is good but SJ’s is worse.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Not only that, but Merkley is already a similar prospect to Lundkvist. Both are smallish offensive right-handed D. They are basically the same size and age, but Merkley had better NHL analytics and AHL counting stats last season.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Lundkvist's SHL career is way more impressive than anything Bordeleau and Merkley have done. Obviously Lundkvist had a rough transition to North America last season which is the only reason he's available in the first place. He could absolutely end up amounting to nothing but I would rather bet on him than Bordeleau or Merkley.

• Haha
Reactions: Patty Ice

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not only that, but Merkley is already a similar prospect to Lundkvist. Both are smallish offensive right-handed D. They are basically the same size and age, but Merkley had better NHL analytics and AHL counting stats last season.
Yeah I mean I think Lundkvist could be good for sure. I just think Bordeleau is basically taking our one chance at a top 6 C that is currently within the org to get another RHD that is basically Merkley 2.0. I’d move Coe for him but not Bordeleau.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
EK65 interview in the athletic today
I kinda appreciate his want to stay and right the ship. Now some of it may be a realization that he doesn’t want to know what he’s worth on the trade market but I still like that he’s committed to the team even through these less than optimal times.

Reactions: spintops

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I kinda appreciate his want to stay and right the ship. Now some of it may be a realization that he doesn’t want to know what he’s worth on the trade market but I still like that he’s committed to the team even through these less than optimal times.
As you said, I appreciate his words as well. It means a lot that he wants to be here. I was bothered by players such as Janney, Shappard and especially Belfour who never wanted to wear teal.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We'll see how long that lasts. I can't imagine another losing season or two or three on top of the three he's already been a part of will be easy to take on the chin as he gets older.

Reggae Shark

Sep 30, 2018

I'll bite. I guess.

Is this just a Hot Hodge Take? Not... saying you're wrong!

What exactly is it that you have seen that would force you to completely give up on him now? He legitimately looks like he has high IQ and in his 8 NHL games he improved basically every one of them.

So Bordeleau is basically washed up, NHL wise, in your opinion. Yet he still has value enough to flip for a former first rounder who you claimed played elite in the SHL last year? So whatever you see that makes him not an NHLer is something that Chris Drury cant see?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad