Speculation: 2022-23 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I like that jersey better than our current one, because the one we wear now is incredibly boring.

But making everything else teal looks silly to me, sorry. Would rather not switch to this look.

I would prefer it if the pants, gloves and helmet were black, but I could honestly get used to the color rush vibes, I need to see them on the ice to really know, though

The road kits are sick, I just wish the numbers were teal instead of black, that would be nearly perfect

Also, old logo >

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I like that jersey better than our current one, because the one we wear now is incredibly boring.

But making everything else teal looks silly to me, sorry. Would rather not switch to this look.
yea just needs some kind of color break on the teal one. Either black pants or a different color below the waist stripe like the OG look. Hopefully we get the black pants, seems like that's still a possibility.

I would prefer it if the pants, gloves and helmet were black, but I could honestly get used to the color rush vibes, I need to see them on the ice to really know, though

The road kits are sick, I just wish the numbers were teal instead of black, that would be nearly perfect

Also, old logo >

The more I look at the teal pants, the less irritating they are to my eyes so I guess I could get used to them. At first glance, it was kinda painful though.

Reactions: landshark

spintops

Sep 13, 2013

Sort of a bummer reading the Couture interview in the Athletic. I've always been a fan of his but for it's way better for the franchise if he got moved. But he loves the area and doesn't want to uproot his life. Fans don't really think about that, yet I still wish he would move on. Mentions not being as old as Burns, guess he doesn't expect to keep declining like the rest of us do.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Like the new uniforms. Would like the gloves to be black (which Icethetics has mentioned is possible) and would love to have the rebrand happen this year to coincide with a full on new era for the organization. Plus, give me some reason to go out and buy new stuff.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist

Sort of a bummer reading the Couture interview in the Athletic. I've always been a fan of his but for it's way better for the franchise if he got moved. But he loves the area and doesn't want to uproot his life. Fans don't really think about that, yet I still wish he would move on. Mentions not being as old as Burns, guess he doesn't expect to keep declining like the rest of us do.
Player: I love the area and don't want to move. I'd hate to uproot my family.

Fan: Oh no! A multimillionaire from playing a sport has to have a home here and an apt wherever he gets traded to... Tough life I guess, having to be away from family while making 256 times minimum wage. Boo f***ing hoo, rich dude. Boo f***ing hoo!

Not picking on you, Spintops, I don't have a lot of sympathy for rich folks in general, their reality is completely different from everyone else's.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012

Fan: Oh no! A multimillionaire from playing a sport has to have a home here and an apt wherever he gets traded to... Tough life I guess, having to be away from family while making 256 times minimum wage. Boo f***ing hoo, rich dude. Boo f***ing hoo!

Not picking on you, Spintops, I don't have a lot of sympathy for rich folks in general, their reality is completely different from everyone else's.
Spintops is def a 1% global elite since they can afford a subscription to The Athletic

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

Assuming you enjoy where you live, if you had a choice to take the exact same job that you have now (maybe even a slight demotion in title and role) with no increase in pay or benefits to go along with the hassle of moving across the country and uprooting your family, would you do it if given the choice?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Assuming you enjoy where you live, if you had a choice to take the exact same job that you have now (maybe even a slight demotion in title and role) with no increase in pay or benefits to go along with the hassle of moving across the country and uprooting your family, would you do it if given the choice?
In the context of a professional sports career with limited opportunities and certainty with your current team to not win, my answer would be yes but I don't begrudge anyone for coming to a different decision. It's their life and their choice.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
In the context of a professional sports career with limited opportunities and certainty with your current team to not win, my answer would be yes but I don't begrudge anyone for coming to a different decision. It's their life and their choice.
I think both answers are totally fair and don't hold it against anyone for making either decision. There are real people behind the helmets regardless of what they make and real people still have families and friends where they live and moving and learning a new city/region alone still sucks.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I'm not sure I could answer that. I'm not paid enough to have multiple residences. This was my point about reality being different for rich peeps.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013

Lol yeah I totally get both sides. Like I said I still want to move him against his wishes. But I feel for him, he's getting married and living a happy life. Winning a Stanley cup isn't the end all be all for every player like we probably think it should be.

And he thinks he has a lot of career left, yet to be seen how at what level that will be.

Not sure how much is allowed to be posted but here is the brief part I am talking about (apologies and delete if I quoted too much):
What was your reaction to Brent Burns having a different answer for Grier and no longer being here?

Well, he’s older. I talked to Burnzie a lot through the process. We both hung around a little bit after the season in this area and we’re working out together. He was very transparent. He only has a few years left obviously and he wants to go win. He went to a very good place. It was a place that he had to agree to, because I don’t think they were one of the teams on his list. I’m just happy for him because he’s extremely excited. He said he’s going to miss this place obviously miss all of his friends here. But as a teammate, he was very transparent, open and we all want what’s best for him. He’s such a great guy. I’m happy that he’s happy.

When Grier called you, did you consider the alternative at all? Like, maybe it’s worth looking around at other situations?

No, not at this stage in my life and where I’m at outside of hockey. I love this area. I’m getting married in this area next summer. I love being a Shark. So I didn’t think twice about it. That’s just my personal preference. I like being here

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
I think he and Bezos are the only two super elite champion MVP level subscribers. It’s very exclusive, initiation includes a hug from Kevin Kurz and a prospect viewing watch party with Corey Pronman.
The Athletic really is worth it, especially if you sign up during a promotion like $1 a month. It doesn't have a ton of exclusive stuff for the sharks, but I love the baseball/football coverage.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
FB_IMG_1662585064480.jpg

Nice to see they can make fun of themselves, even giving all of the fans banners now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad