Speculation: 2022-23 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Very smart.

1. Send Burns to Carolina who then talks about how great living in the Bay Area is.

2. Sign the worse brother to get him an AHL title

3. The more talented brother comes to San Jose

Reactions: weastern bias

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Kunin-Bonino-Nieto
Gregor-Reedy-Svechnikov
Lindblom-Weatherby-Labanc
Lorentz-Sturm-Gadjovich
Viel-Barabanov

Look at all of our bottom sixers!
On that note, we have 30 forwards signed to the org right now. Realistically, you need to drop like 3-4 of them. Would guess Ibragimov and Hamaliuk are ECHL bound. And then maybe trade Bonino and Nieto?

Reactions: themelkman

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
On that note, we have 30 forwards signed to the org right now. Realistically, you need to drop like 3-4 of them. Would guess Ibragimov and Hamaliuk are ECHL bound. And then maybe trade Bonino and Nieto?
I think you’ll see a log jam for a bit but they’ll probably move the FAs at the deadline.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
What happened to Svechnikov? His scouting report is pretty shiny - good skater, great shot, great hands… couldn’t put it together? He’s only 25.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What happened to Svechnikov? His scouting report is pretty shiny - good skater, great shot, great hands… couldn’t put it together? He’s only 25.
Not a great skater. Really reall bad skater.

Lots of injuries to his knees. He's not a bad player but he can't keep up with most lines. He has skill but can't really needs someone to do most of the work for him and every now and then he can finish.

If you expect a competent NHL player who will be "ok" in sheltered duty, that's fine. If you expect hidden talent to emerge... it really won't. There are worse players in the league, but ultimately he's really not a regular of any note.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Not a great skater. Really reall bad skater.

Lots of injuries to his knees. He's not a bad player but he can't keep up with most lines. He has skill but can't really needs someone to do most of the work for him and every now and then he can finish.

If you expect a competent NHL player who will be "ok" in sheltered duty, that's fine. If you expect hidden talent to emerge... it really won't. There are worse players in the league, but ultimately he's really not a regular of any note.
Sounds like a Slavic Labanc

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Exactly just couldn’t put it all together. I also think he’s a little dumb. If I had to throw a lineup together right now I’d probably put him on the third line with Bonino and Labanc and see what happens.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Exactly just couldn’t put it all together. I also think he’s a little dumb. If I had to throw a lineup together right now I’d probably put him on the third line with Bonino and Labanc and see what happens.
Disagree. It's not that he couldn't all together or that he's dumb. He's pretty good at reading plays.

His physical tools just aren't good enough and his body can't do what he wants it to. I don't think he ever would have been a star, but whatever shot he had to be a decent middle 6 secondary scorer were obliterated by injuries. He missed a whole season due to a really bad knee injury and his skating hasn't been the same since.

If you watch him he'll almost always be the 3rd F entering the zone. He makes himself useful by making some plays there as a trailer, but it really limits how effective he can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad