Speculation: 2022-23 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Personally I’m of the incredibly irrational but yet somewhat rational idea that a new re-brand and new uniform scheme will shake off any curse from the originals the second set and every set of uniforms after. we need a fresh start with new mojo.. it’s only right.. I do think that we should go back to the old goal song. It incorporated the fans and just felt more like San Jose Sharks hockey

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Disagree. It's not that he couldn't all together or that he's dumb. He's pretty good at reading plays.

His physical tools just aren't good enough and his body can't do what he wants it to. I don't think he ever would have been a star, but whatever shot he had to be a decent middle 6 secondary scorer were obliterated by injuries. He missed a whole season due to a really bad knee injury and his skating hasn't been the same since.

If you watch him he'll almost always be the 3rd F entering the zone. He makes himself useful by making some plays there as a trailer, but it really limits how effective he can be.
It sounds like he could be a good special teams player...

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Our UFAs next season are pretty meh, but I do wonder if we could sell for at least a few picks?

Reimer --- 2nd or 3rd?
Bonino --- 5th at deadline?

... I can't imagine any interest in Nieto or Nutivaara

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Our UFAs next season are pretty meh, but I do wonder if we could sell for at least a few picks?

Reimer --- 2nd or 3rd?

At least with Nieto, it would depend on the team and how the standings work out. Cheap 4th line and PK add. Could be tons of playoff teams that need that, or none. Teams like having known quantities for the ploffs

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Reimer --- 2nd or 3rd?

With Bonino being a C I could easily see that bump it up a solid amount. Something closer to a 3rd. Nieto could see him getting a 5th due to the PK ability. Nutivaara it all depends on how he does

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
With Bonino being a C I could easily see that bump it up a solid amount. Something closer to a 3rd. Nieto could see him getting a 5th due to the PK ability. Nutivaara it all depends on how he does
I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t end up dumping all of these final year contracts at the deadline even if it’s for a conditional 7th.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

Reimer --- 2nd or 3rd?

Nutivaara is pretty good, just needs to stay healthy. If he does, he could have value. My sense is Nieto (very good PKer) could be a Cogliano-like TDL pick-up by a contender for depth. I don't think Bonino has the speed to be an asset for a competitive team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I wish they would further flatten the lottery odds so I wouldn't have an incentive to hope for them to lose, any tips for enjoying hockey
My plan for this year is to have NO expectations for the Sharks. I think it’s better to look at player success rather than team success. Also watch the Cuda who hopefully will be good but at least have some fun young guys!

Oh also jump on a bandwagon! Might I suggest CAR with Burns there and just being a fun team to watch. They are the definition of more than the sum of their parts.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
So anyone buying my theory that Grier never really intended on adding to the analytics “department”?
Good. The few competent analytics people out there already work for other teams and would have no reason to join the Sharks. Everyone else is just selling snake oil.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think every team should get the 1st overall every 32 years. 16 years later, they get the 2OA. Spread all the top picks out and remove any incentive to be bad.
This would just guarantee that the Sharks wouldn't get the pick until year 32 and the year before they would, they would change the rules so they wouldn't get it then either.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Abolish the draft lottery, the NFL is the only league that gets this right

Tanking is fine, and arguably good

Don't like it? Don't watch

So is this happening like right now? No lead up? No tease? Just gonna drop em?

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Abolish the draft lottery, the NFL is the only league that gets this right

Tanking is fine, and arguably good

Don't like it? Don't watch

So is this happening like right now? No lead up? No tease? Just gonna drop em?

I love it. Get that orange trash outta here. Honestly, I would’ve been supportive of a full Seals rebrand if it meant breaking this Sharks curse that has been hovering forever..

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I love it. Get that orange trash outta here. Honestly, I would’ve been supportive of a full Seals rebrand if it meant breaking this Sharks curse that has been hovering forever..

I like these mock ups a lot, I just thought they were rumored to start NEXT season, not THIS year, but Sheng appears to hint otherwise

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad