2022/23 Roster Thread XX: Heading into the Homestretch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Could maybe see him want to go to Seattle to be under Hak again. He did well under him.

Their top 4 D next year could be this:

Provy-Larsson
Dunn-Oleksiak

Something like that. Plus Seattle has a lot of cap space next season (20M) where the only significant re-signing would be Dunn.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He didn’t even do well under Hak.

His only “good” year was while being carried by the simultaneous career-best years of Giroux, Couturier, TK, and Ghost.

The second that group was broken up he went to shit and never recovered, while all four of the others guys have still played great. He’s just not smart or skilled enough to perform on his own.

Reactions: BiggE

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Buffalo fan here - just wondering Flyers current thoughts on Sanheim. Is he player to be potentially traded in the off-season? I know he was a healthy scratch earlier in the year, wasn't sure if that's him not meshing with Torts or what.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Buffalo fan here - just wondering Flyers current thoughts on Sanheim. Is he player to be potentially traded in the off-season? I know he was a healthy scratch earlier in the year, wasn't sure if that's him not meshing with Torts or what.
His contract would make him hard to move and I doubt they want to sell low.
So anyone on this team is available at the right price, but they're not going to push him out the door.

Reactions: BernieParent

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Potentially yes, but with that Chuck special contract extension...

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It reminds me of when they instantly inserted Nate Thompson into the lineup late last year after he returned from injury. I remember there was chatter about doing right by him, allowing him to showcase himself. Never played another NHL game. :laugh:
Rewarding the loyal soldiers is part of the Flyers' Deep Magic that needs to be purged with fire.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
20230405_211531.jpg

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
In the sense that anyone over the age of 25 should be a candidate for a potential trade this off-season, yeah, sure. Team is butts, no point in trying to keep anyone in particular around if the offer is good.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cameos: Foerster, Desnoyers, Zamula, Attard.
Veterans with reduced minutes: Hayes, JVR, Laughton, Braun

Allison has increased minutes, Laczynski and Bellows are afterthoughts.

Farabee - Couts - TK
Tippett - Frost - Atkinson
??? - Cates - Allison
Deslauriers - Desnoyers - ???

York - Attard
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula/Seeler - TDA

This is a 3-5 year process, Briere is not going to move everyone out this summer, b/c he's not going to buyout players (push cap hits out 4 to 6 years) or give assets to dump contracts. So some players will be here another year to make it easier to move them in the future.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Cameos: Foerster, Desnoyers, Zamula, Attard.
Veterans with reduced minutes: Hayes, JVR, Laughton, Braun

Allison has increased minutes, Laczynski and Bellows are afterthoughts.

Farabee - Couts - TK
Tippett - Frost - Atkinson
??? - Cates - Allison
Deslauriers - Desnoyers - ???

York - Attard
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula/Seeler - TDA

This is a 3-5 year process, Briere is not going to move everyone out this summer, b/c he's not going to buyout players (push cap hits out 4 to 6 years) or give assets to dump contracts. So some players will be here another year to make it easier to move them in the future.

Cameos? You assured us they would have far more than cameos. You assured us, based on a complete fabrication of who Tortorella is, that this would be a youth movement. Not "cameos" where as few prospects play as little as possible in favor of trash vets.

Would you like to identify where this went so wrong?

Also, and please read this with as much resigned fury and hatred towards the team as possible: I told you.

I must reiterate that I fully agree with your ideas of playing youth. And focusing on skill. And letting them score. The problem is that the whole history of everyone involved dictates that is not going to happen, so it's bizarre for you to act like it's going to (all while defending the people not doing the good things while pretending they are doing the things they aren't) because all these people who don't want it will do the thing they don't want or have to do.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Is Laczynski injured again?
I don't think so, but he didn't look 100% the last few games he played.

He showed some burst a few games before he was injured, the best he looked in two years, but hasn't shown it since he returned. I think he's on thin ice, an oft injured 26 year old (next season) center with limited upside is not a priority for a rebuilding team. If they decide 21 year old Desnoyers is ready, Laczynski may be history. Especially if they pick up a couple young forward prospects in trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad