2022/23 Roster Thread XX: Heading into the Homestretch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I can’t take much more of DeAngelo’s non-existent defense.

But he only has 1 year left, he’s RH, & does at least have offensive ability.

He’ll be highly motivated in a contract year.

Flyers aren’t going anywhere next season, so might as well hang on to him for his last contract year, hope he has a big offensive season with the contract motivation, & then trade him as a deadline rental as he may have some value.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Cutter going back to school for another year lol as for a top 5 pick with no contract overseas, idk strikes me as not a good look, could be wrong, but definitely doesn't strike me as someone with elite potential in all honesty

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I thinks it's great he's going back. The fewer games he plays under Torts the better. And you don't waste a year of his ELC this way.

But he could be another Turcotte.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lol…it really does seem like people are pissed that Briere didn’t trash his players, while at the same time pissed at Torts for tanking his players values. WTF?! Briere is doing what he’s supposed to, polishing the turds he has on his roster to make them as attractive as possible. Will it work? Probably not. But he has to try. I also heard Torts saying he wants more kids on in addition to the ones we had this year. Yet some will have you believe he said the opposite. Again, WTF?! I’m further convinced that many of you would have pissed no matter what they said.

I don't care what any of them say. I care about what they do.

Tortorella had the chance to play more kids this year and he refused. Just didn't use them while he had them. I call BS on that.

I also don't care what Briere said. There's nothing he can do to salvage TDA value anyway. Tortorella and the rumors already trashed it. Confirming the rumors have truth is great though.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He could play in the NHL at LW right now, but given Couts - Frost - Cates at center, there is no need to rush him. Let him play another season at center, then evaluate his future role and given him an April cameo.

Reactions: BernieParent

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Cutter going back to school for another year lol as for a top 5 pick with no contract overseas, idk strikes me as not a good look, could be wrong, but definitely doesn't strike me as someone with elite potential in all honesty

There's no point in having him on the roster next year, BC has a strong incoming class for him to play with, they also want to see if they can bake him into a center and give him more time to play that position in college.

He's a really good hockey player. Was 5th in points per game and goals among freshmen (under guys like Fantilli, Cooley, Snuggerud), though he scored an insane number of goals early and then dried up a bit. Seemed like returning from the WJC f***ed him up a little. But based on his ability, he could well be in the Hobey conversation next season.

Reminds me a bit of Jeff Carter, not sure if that guy was ever considered an elite player, but I'd be happy if he turned out like that. Big, moves well with the puck through the neutral, rocket shot with a really quick release, not a total bonehead away from the puck. Has some hockey sense and passing ability to go with the big gun.

BC's power play used him like a poor man's Ovechkin (on the opposite side) and it worked well for them, just pounding one timers that either found the back of the net or rattled around for a teammate to put home.

I'm not feverishly excited for him, but I'm not worried he's gonna be some useless trash player. Time will tell, but don't read into him playing another year of college as him not being good.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
There's no point in having him on the roster next year, BC has a strong incoming class for him to play with, they also want to see if they can bake him into a center and give him more time to play that position in college.

He's a really good hockey player. Was 5th in points per game and goals among freshmen (under guys like Fantilli, Cooley, Snuggerud), though he scored an insane number of goals early and then dried up a bit. Seemed like returning from the WJC f***ed him up a little. But based on his ability, he could well be in the Hobey conversation next season.

Reminds me a bit of Jeff Carter, not sure if that guy was ever considered an elite player, but I'd be happy if he turned out like that. Big, moves well with the puck through the neutral, rocket shot with a really quick release, not a total bonehead away from the puck. Has some hockey sense and passing ability to go with the big gun.

I'm not feverishly excited for him, but I'm not worried he's gonna be some useless trash player. Time will tell, but don't read into him playing another year of college as him not being good.
See I agree, I don't think he will be trash, but it does worry me that he won't live up to a top 5 type of player, which was my big thing with him in the draft, I think he's a good player, but not so much a potential difference maker, and I know this may sound harsh, but the kid isn't cut out (no pun intended) to be a center, doesn't have the defensive iq or instincts, and he's looked pretty bad at center, he's definitely a winger

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We looked at Foerster, Desnoyers, Zamula, Attard and Ginning.

For about 3 minutes each. Get real. They didn't do what you assured us they would because you knew it would be best and you, for some reason, are sure this team will always do what is best.

They did not do what you think is best and you're bending over to defend it.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
We looked at Foerster, Desnoyers, Zamula, Attard and Ginning.
These five should probably be on the roster on opening night. Add in Andrae at New Year's.
In his presser, Torts indicated that he was satisfied with the growth made by most of the forwards; the defense, not so much. I guess that York is guaranteed to be here next season' hopefully at LW. Sanheim and Ristolainen should stick because of their contracts. I don't see a place for Provorov or TDA. Seeler as a third pair or seventh defenseman?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
See I agree, I don't think he will be trash, but it does worry me that he won't live up to a top 5 type of player, which was my big thing with him in the draft, I think he's a good player, but not so much a potential difference maker, and I know this may sound harsh, but the kid isn't cut out (no pun intended) to be a center, doesn't have the defensive iq or instincts, and he's looked pretty bad at center, he's definitely a winger

I agree that he's probably not a singular gamebreaker, but I actually disagree with that assessment of his intelligence. Only watched 7-8 BC games this year but I thought he showed some pretty good smarts on the ice.

He's super-cognizant of situations, he'll tie up a puck at the top of the opposing zone to get his linemates a change and actually had a couple assists where he was able to sucker two defenders into a board battle and then kick it out to teammates just coming on the ice for a 2-on-1. Always makes good changes, times them well to keep O-zone pressure but get fresh legs. Don't think I've ever seen him over-commit up front, and he's more than happy to come back to tie up a stick (not sure he's the first to block a shot, though, TORTS). Even shows pretty good discipline, in an early game with Providence that was dirty all around, he was the dude hauling teammates out of the gatherings to get the PP rather than an extra punch.

He's a cocky bastard, too, and that's cool. Interested to see how he plays next year.

Reactions: BernieParent

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
32 players suited up for the Flyers this season. I count 13 who will probably never do it again:

Hodgson
Cates, J
Willman
Lemieux
Sedlak
Bellows
Brown
MacEwen
Braun
JVR
DeAngelo
Hayes
Prororov

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I get the impression that Gauthier will never be a line driving player, but he will be as good as who he plays with. Get him with a play driving playmaker, and the goals will come. I could see him and Benson pairing well together and complimenting each other well

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I agree that he's probably not a singular gamebreaker, but I actually disagree with that assessment of his intelligence. Only watched 7-8 BC games this year but I thought he showed some pretty good smarts on the ice.

He's super-cognizant of situations, he'll tie up a puck at the top of the opposing zone to get his linemates a change and actually had a couple assists where he was able to sucker two defenders into a board battle and then kick it out to teammates just coming on the ice for a 2-on-1. Always makes good changes, times them well to keep O-zone pressure but get fresh legs. Don't think I've ever seen him over-commit up front, and he's more than happy to come back to tie up a stick (not sure he's the first to block a shot, though, TORTS). Even shows pretty good discipline, in an early game with Providence that was dirty all around, he was the dude hauling teammates out of the gatherings to get the PP rather than an extra punch.

He's a cocky bastard, too, and that's cool. Interested to see how he plays next year.
That was not a talented BC team this year, he basically carried them.
Led the team in points and goals as a freshman
Nesterenko (21) #172
Kuntar (21) #89
Gasseau (19) #213
Ambrosio (20) #118
Jellvik (20) #149
were the other forwards, not exactly a group that will help a center pad his stats.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly

BC's power play used him like a poor man's Ovechkin (on the opposite side) and it worked well for them, just pounding one timers that either found the back of the net or rattled around for a teammate to put home.

I'll be honest, he didn't really jump off the screen for me at the WJ's, but I saw a few BC games, had that top end jump for at least that level.

I think he's a 30-30 guy most likely.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I get the impression that Gauthier will never be a line driving player, but he will be as good as who he plays with. Get him with a play driving playmaker, and the goals will come. I could see him and Benson pairing well together and complimenting each other well
Brink might be a good wing for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad