2022/23 Roster Thread XX: Heading into the Homestretch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Imagine if this team used Ristolainen's season to shop him, along with the other detritus.

They're not that smart. They still value him. Tortorella values him; Flahr is AGM. If they trade Provorov, Ristolainen's history of gobbling minutes makes him essential.
I liked this post but only because there is no preset “dying inside” reaction

I give them no benefit of the doubt about anything. They have justly earned their scorn, derision and my utmost contempt.

Dear Flyers organization,
1681764726598.gif

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Whatever TDA did, it clearly wasn't enough to warrant a suspension like his previous incidents...unless Briere is playing 3D chess to preserve his trade value.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

Not sure if this is an exact quote, but if it is, this all but confirms that something did "happen," we just don't know what.

He probably said something to Tortorella he shouldn't have said. Must've been bad because Tortorella isn't the kind of guy that shies away from confrontation.
Can't imagine something happened between him and another teammate, otherwise they wouldn't even consider bringing him back.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
He probably said something to Tortorella he shouldn't have said. Must've been bad because Tortorella isn't the kind of guy that shies away from confrontation.
Can't imagine something happened between him and another teammate, otherwise they wouldn't even consider bringing him back.
Hope he said, “shame a f***ing horse didn’t kick your father in the nuts 60 something years ago”

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
"We have a really good scouting team."

Ch ch ch changes. :laugh:

Honestly, actions are going to speak more - but he sounds like a lot of the same BS. The country club lives on. This team doesn't care about building a modern contender, maintaining the bully brand - and everyone's lifetime job is more important.

They fired Fletcher. Its where it ends.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Does it all come down to TDA not having any value? They would rather keep him then buy him out which is wrong. I really don’t want him on this team next season. Dude is a massive dickbag
I hear you but one of the absolutes the Flyers should have from now until they start being relevant again is not to pay for transactions. I find it unlikely that DeAngelo can be moved in the offseason without either retaining or adding an asset with him. They very likely won't be gunning for a playoff spot next season so hold onto him and hope he has some value at the TDL. If they are desperate to bring up a D prospect, focus on trying to move Provorov for big value.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
If the Flyers are serious about rebuilding and selling off assets of value, when do we have to worry about the cap floor? I would assume Couts and Atkinson are untradeable. I like the idea another poster said about being a cap dump destination so what I’m wondering is how much salary can they realistically shed over the next couple years in order to take on anchor contracts?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
calling it now: if the Flyers stay at 7 (or, god forbid, 8 or 9) and CBJ is picking at a spot that isn't 1 or 2, you're going to hear a ton of buzz about the Flyers 1st + a 3rd + Hayes or Provorov + probably a future pick or 2 for CBJ's 1st.

• Wow

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

Not sure if this is an exact quote, but if it is, this all but confirms that something did "happen," we just don't know what.

so no changes at all then.. got it Danny..

remember when not one person here could have called Briere as just another old bois club member..

sigh...

I liked this post but only because there is no preset “dying inside” reaction

I give them no benefit of the doubt about anything. They have justly earned their scorn, derision and my utmost contempt.

Dear Flyers organization,
View attachment 690205
god i miss that show.. it was soooo good

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Imagine if this team used Ristolainen's season to shop him, along with the other detritus.

They're not that smart. They still value him. Tortorella values him; Flahr is AGM. If they trade Provorov, Ristolainen's history of gobbling minutes makes him essential.
Imagine if they were patient during a rebuild, and decided that selling low on a 4x5 contract when they're painfully thin at RHD was probably not an optimal strategy.

I mean what's the worst that happens if they bring Risto back and he regresses? They lose a couple more games? But what if his improvement is for real and he builds on it? Then you can trade an improved Risto next summer at 3x5 and get a real asset back.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
If the Flyers are serious about rebuilding and selling off assets of value, when do we have to worry about the cap floor? I would assume Couts and Atkinson are untradeable. I like the idea another poster said about being a cap dump destination so what I’m wondering is how much salary can they realistically shed over the next couple years in order to take on anchor contracts?
I don't think the Flyers are at any great risk of being cap-floor poverty cases. I tried out the Capfriendly roster builder; my only trade was Hayes ($3 million retained) for Jack Roslovic and a 3rd (I know; I'm a pessimist) and re-signed York, Frost and Cates to modest increases.

Capture.PNG

That least a tick under $8.5 million in cap space, with Ellis on LTIR. That represents $13 million over the cap floor.

• Wow

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
MF’er is right on script. Is the team run by a damn bot?

A pathetic display. I don't want to say it without seeing what he does, but its so much of the same old bullshit.

They are still terrified to use the world rebuild unless absolutely needed.

I dont believe for a second they will commit to selling more other than Provorov. They organization will finish 5th, and proudly beat their chest they weren't last.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You don't trash people you might need for another year, even if you're planning to move them out when someone better becomes available.

Fans want Briere to be blunt and honest, when Torts does it: "oh those snowflake players!"
I'm sure there will be a lot of changes in FO personnel the next two years, but people you want are often under contract and sometimes you have to wait or settle for second best.
At the earliest, most potential additions won't come available until July.
And going in the draft and potential trades, slamming your scouts is probably not an optimal strategy.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
You don't trash people you might need for another year, even if you're planning to move them out when someone better becomes available.

Fans want Briere to be blunt and honest, when Torts does it: "oh those snowflake players!"
I'm sure there will be a lot of changes in FO personnel the next two years, but people you want are often under contract and sometimes you have to wait or settle for second best.
At the earliest, most potential additions won't come available until July.
And going in the draft and potential trades, slamming your scouts is probably not an optimal strategy.

Fans want this f***ing shithole organization to have some accountability, and standard in the front office - or other departments.

Not just the players on the ice.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
At this point only time will tell if they are going to rebuild. No sense in getting worked up either way. I don’t see how the Flyers can avoid it at this point. They finished in the bottom 10 two years in a row while “contending”. It’s not like a rebuild would make them that much worse standings-wise. Sell off any asset of value. Keep Couts as a face of the franchise and jersey sales if you like. It will honestly be less painful for fans to have their team be bad while trying to be bad than being bad while trying to be good. The focus and storyline should be on the future. There isn’t even that much to knock down anyway. The Flyers have given us little reason to be optimistic in the last 10 years but the 2 big changes in the front office and ownership is a good sign. I’m of the opinion that it is always better to err on the side of hope and optimism. Worst case scenario is the Flyers disappoint. We are used to that by now. If their actions don’t line up with what they should be doing then boycott them. Ownership will listen if the stadium is empty and tv numbers are poor

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
I was waiting for, “accountability, (hic) accountability, (twitch) accountability, (hic) accountability, (smoke from head), my processor is glitching, must reboot!”

Aides rush in and curtains are drawn.

There are no longer any thoughts coming forth, only slogans and the same empty drivel repeated by a hundred mouths in front of brainless gear skipping heads.

We’re so screwed.

• Wow

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
And furthermore, no one could convince me that everything these people say isn’t just a roundabout way of patting themselves on the back. The fact that none of it is true doesn’t stop them.

Look at what we’ve accomplished with this collection of lazy, stupid and untalented players that the last guy stuck us with. We said we’d be harder to play against, and we were. We said we’d build a culture, and we are. We will have them play the right way, but first we have to let our coach fix all of those glaring character flaws.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Imagine if they were patient during a rebuild, and decided that selling low on a 4x5 contract when they're painfully thin at RHD was probably not an optimal strategy.

I mean what's the worst that happens if they bring Risto back and he regresses? They lose a couple more games? But what if his improvement is for real and he builds on it? Then you can trade an improved Risto next summer at 3x5 and get a real asset back.
Why the f*** does it matter how thin they are at RHD while they are rebuilding?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The idea that Risto is ready to munch those minutes might be the only reason they think they can trade Provorov now. He can assume that role. Roles R Lyfe

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: BiggE and Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad