2022/23 Roster Thread XX: Heading into the Homestretch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hey, that Kings fan who was mad at us for not wanting Lemieux stopped coming around after the puck stopped going in at a hilarious rate. Odd.

What are you talking about? Fletcher the genius took advantage of a weak GM in LA who needed one winger at the expense of another, and was not only willing to sacrifice the 'better' winger for 'fit' but also gave us a pick to boot.

Fletcher is a wizard and I'll hear no arguments otherwise.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
If salary retention inhibits the Flyers in any way from getting a quality asset in return for players they want to move, they’re not rebuilding.

Absolutely. They should be willing to retain away, though I'd prefer they carry one retention spot into the deadline next season. Like, I think buying out Tony D is a better option than trading retained, if you're going to retain on Hayes and maybe even Provorov to make him sexier. I just don't think you'll get much for a DeAngelo even at $2.5m.

They could cut some serious salary and be a cap dump destination, too. Think $7m for JVR coming out, $3.6m even if they retain Hayes 50%, $3.8m if they buy out Tony D, $5-6.75m for Provorov, plus anyone else (Laughton? Konecny?) you cut bait on. Even after resigning York, Cates, and Frost, they could ideally be entering next season closer to the cap floor than ceiling, if they wanna really do it right.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I’d look to trade any player of value minus the young guys. I’d seriously try to unload TK(his value is probably the highest it will ever be), Hart, Provy and Sanheim. I like the retention idea. I like the cap dump destination idea too. I want as many 1st round picks, promising prospects blocked by better players on better teams, losses(it’s gross to type), and roster spots available to young players. I want a burn it down, salt the earth and then build from the ground up rebuild. Clean up/out upper management, scouting department, player development department, medical department. I want a new era in Flyers hockey with a new smell. I used to plan around games 10-20 years ago. I forget what it’s like to be excited for Flyers hockey. It will take patience to fix the team but it can’t be worse than the last decade. Nothing went right

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Absolutely. They should be willing to retain away, though I'd prefer they carry one retention spot into the deadline next season. Like, I think buying out Tony D is a better option than trading retained, if you're going to retain on Hayes and maybe even Provorov to make him sexier. I just don't think you'll get much for a DeAngelo even at $2.5m.

They could cut some serious salary and be a cap dump destination, too. Think $7m for JVR coming out, $3.6m even if they retain Hayes 50%, $3.8m if they buy out Tony D, $5-6.75m for Provorov, plus anyone else (Laughton? Konecny?) you cut bait on. Even after resigning York, Cates, and Frost, they could ideally be entering next season closer to the cap floor than ceiling, if they wanna really do it right.

I'm just going to say this:

The deadline is very obviously a different animal than the offseason, but if the Flyers can't get an asset this offseason for TDA then Fletcher truly is an idiot, as he had an offer this TDL(editing for clarity: and not a "future considerations for 50% retained" kind of deal ) and declined it.

Last edited:

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
So what guys are you most hoping to never see on the Flyers again? I'm psyched for no more Hayes and DeAngelo, but JVR I'm lowkey glad I won't really have to watch ever again.

1- All senior advisors
2- All pro and amateur scouts and development coaches, especially those here somehow throughout both Hexy and Chuck regimes
3- Flahr
4- Rocky Thompson

That should be a bare minimum.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I just want to know who’s lying and who’s delusional.

2b977230-b459-4aab-a694-934127cf4b11_text.gif

I'll admit, this will be the most interesting or non-intersting off-season in awhile, depending on how the first few hires go. Fletcher out, Danny in, was predictable since Briere first got his fugazi title as special assistant whatever. Surprise me for once please, Flyers. Doubling down on stupid no longer surprises me.

Why get assets for TDA when you can pay to move him instead?

And that's the Ghost replacement. It would be peak Flyers:laugh:

Probably gonna get merged

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TDA didn't have value at $5M, Ghost didn't have value until the TDL at $4.5M.
They're better off trying to work with TDA than retaining to obtain a minor asset.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
TDA didn't have value at $5M, Ghost didn't have value until the TDL at $4.5M.
They're better off trying to work with TDA than retaining to obtain a minor asset.

I actually don't disagree. But that wasn't the point. The point was how laughable this management team has been in lowering their own assets value, while paying top dollar for other people's trash. They paid to get rid of Ghost, paid to rent Risto, paid for TDA (Ghost, supposedly) and now may possibly be thinking about paying to get rid of the "same" guy again?
Everyone on this board knows you're smarter than that.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
32 thoughts saying Flyers are not moving away for TDA.

They can’t. It would look pathetic the asset loss on display. They would have to retain, and get so little back.

This organization is run in an incredibly political way, with optics at the forefront.

He’s a Flyer until the deadline next season at least. I do think the lack of overall talent hurts what TDA could bring on offence.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad