2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
People don't give a shit about Hogberg. They give a shit about the team ditching him instead of any of the slew of older and more useless players. They give a shit about a bad process and the way this team makes nothing but objectively and obviously wrong decisions every time they do anything.
Tale as old as time.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
People don't give a shit about Hogberg. They give a shit about the team ditching him instead of any of the slew of older and more useless players. They give a shit about a bad process and the way this team makes nothing but objectively and obviously wrong decisions every time they do anything.

Was the them "nothingburger" used in the post you are responding to here?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt they "ditched" Hogberg, considering he's going back to Sweden.
It's more like the player saw the handwriting on the wall, otherwise he'd have pushed to go to another organization.
This strikes me as mutually agreed upon.
Better to be a star in Sweden than a scrub in the AHL. The women are prettier, for one thing, even if beer costs more.

Hogberg flatlined, he's a AHL plus player at best, when he saw Ginning, a year younger, and Zamula, two years younger, pass him by, and I'm sure he knows how well Andrae is playing in Sweden, why would he want to stay?

For Wylie it's different, he's American, he's making good money for a 23 year old (were you making $200K at that age?), having fun, and as a RHD, there's always a shot somewhere in the NHL.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

sYYpFeS.png
sYYpFeS.png
sYYpFeS.png

H91iMnE.gif

sYYpFeS.png
sYYpFeS.png
sYYpFeS.png

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's more like the player saw the handwriting on the wall, otherwise he'd have pushed to go to another organization.
Better to be a star in Sweden than a scrub in the AHL. The women are prettier, for one thing, even if beer costs more.

Hogberg flatlined, he's a AHL plus player at best, when he saw Ginning, a year younger, and Zamula, two years younger, pass him by, and I'm sure he knows how well Andrae is playing in Sweden, why would he want to stay?

For Wylie it's different, he's American, he's making good money for a 23 year old (were you making $200K at that age?), having fun, and as a RHD, there's always a shot somewhere in the NHL.

They're ditching him. He's going back to Sweden because they're ditching him.

He has no future with a team that doesn't value youth and stagnates all their prospects, anyway.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
But what about the four week stretch between Christmas and the ASG where they played well?

Season Accomplished. Everything is fine.
does anyone buy the bs this team spews every year when they use things like the above-mentioned stretch to feed the fans positives and extend their tenure? it's hard to believe they believe it themselves, because if they really believe it, they are fools, and if they don't, that shows how much they care about us.

(i spelled believe wrong three times, three different ways before spell check thingy. i need to stop.)

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011

or hes friends with that sedlak dude or who ever he was who didnt want to play for a tire fire.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
does anyone buy the bs this team spews every year when they use things like the above-mentioned stretch to feed the fans positives and extend their tenure? it's hard to believe they believe it themselves, because if they really believe it, they are fools, and if they don't, that shows how much they care about us.

(i spelled believe wrong three times, three different ways before spell check thingy. i need to stop.)

Yes there are absolutely people who believe it, but it's a much smaller number these days.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I see none of you have actually watched Ginning this year.

I was surprised when I did tune in, he's not exactly Mr. Dynamic, but he plays a smart, controlled game with good outlet passes and knows when to take chances. He blocks shots and takes good angles against attacking forwards.
He's going to have a future as a 3rd pair D-man, and yes, size does help in the D-zone.

There are dozens of NHL D-men who fit that profile, Gudas will have a ten year career with limited mobility and offensive skills.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I see none of you have actually watched Ginning this year.

I was surprised when I did tune in, he's not exactly Mr. Dynamic, but he plays a smart, controlled game with good outlet passes and knows when to take chances. He blocks shots and takes good angles against attacking forwards.
He's going to have a future as a 3rd pair D-man, and yes, size does help in the D-zone.

There are dozens of NHL D-men who fit that profile, Gudas will have a ten year career with limited mobility and offensive skills.
Okay but we need a Mr. Dynamic...not another decent 3rd pair Dman that will get over played bc of over valued physical traits.

This organization values the Ginnings and the Seelers of the world over real talent..thats the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad