2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tippett doesn't use his size to make things happen. Allison has always been a physically aggressive specimen. Tortorella didn't do that. That was his play style.
Allison was being too cute, Torts had to beat that out of him.

Tippett uses his size to enter the zone, and has 91 hits in 53 games, that ain't playing like a finesse forward - he's not Allison or Laughton, but he's not figure skating, either.

One difference, forwards lead the team in hits, not defensemen like past seasons. He wants the hits to come on the forecheck, not chasing them in the D-zone, where you can show yourself to be a "manly man" by winning board battles and getting the puck out of the zone.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I see a main board thread on the value of Carter Hart and I was wondering if he’s actually someone the Flyers would trade?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
What’s the deal with him? Is he not still a good goalie?

He's good. Exactly how good is always up for debate because the position is so volatile.

Some people want to do a full teardown. If you do, paying 3rd contract money to a Goalie who will need another deal at 26 when you're not planning on being good for a few years makes no sense. In that case, it's better to move him while he has 1.5 years left at just under 4 per.

The Flyers are, however, incompetent and short-sighted. This will never be considered even if they thought they needed to rebuild. Which they don't think at all.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Allison was being too cute, Torts had to beat that out of him.

Tippett uses his size to enter the zone, and has 91 hits in 53 games, that ain't playing like a finesse forward - he's not Allison or Laughton, but he's not figure skating, either.

One difference, forwards lead the team in hits, not defensemen like past seasons. He wants the hits to come on the forecheck, not chasing them in the D-zone, where you can show yourself to be a "manly man" by winning board battles and getting the puck out of the zone.

I really have no idea how you dream any of this up. Allison is the same now as he was. I would never have called Allison's game "cute."

I never said Tippett is a finesse forward. I said he doesn't rely on size to make things happen. Because he doesn't. He can be physical. It's not his go-to move. Certainly not in the way Allison plays.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
So in the hypothetical world where Hart gets shipped out, would Flyers fans consider.

To Col:
Hart
Hayes ($2m retained)

To Phi:
2024 first
Newhook
Georigev
Ranta

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So in the hypothetical world where Hart gets shipped out, would Flyers fans consider.

To Col:
Hart
Hayes ($2m retained)

To Phi:
2024 first
Newhook
Georigev
Ranta

That's vastly better than Fletcher would ever get. I'd love that.

With Fletcher as our GM you guys could just offer up a 2025 2nd and Newhook.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
These guys get guidance on how to talk about players so it's a window into how the team views players. They see Seeler as a core piece.
On the morning show on 94, whenever they talk about the flyers, which isn’t often, Jonesy will often rip the team one way or another.

I have no doubt he personally knows how bad this team is deep down….Now I am not so sure he’d agree with a total purge of the front office

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

To Col:
Hart
Hayes ($2m retained)

To Phi:
2024 first
Newhook
Georigev
Ranta
The Hayes contract doesn't matter to me. When that comes off the books, the Flyers would be seeing the fruits of their rebuild labor. I'm not paying to trade that contract.

I trade TK, Sanheim, and Hart for picks on picks on picks and hope for the best

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
The Hayes contract doesn't matter to me. When that comes off the books, the Flyers would be seeing the fruits of their rebuild labor. I'm not paying to trade that contract.

I trade TK, Sanheim, and Hart for picks on picks on picks and hope for the best

So you’d be willing to eat half on the same return?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

To Col:
Hart
Hayes ($2m retained)

To Phi:
2024 first
Newhook
Georigev
Ranta

I'd probably do that, or ask for a 2nd/3rd or equivalent top to eat more of Kevin's contract (50%). Hayes just being off the team is a win for me, so then I'd be looking at it as those 4 pieces for Hart, and yeah that's appealing. Avs are smarter than that though.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
ASF has been harping lately on the fact that the retention is the same rate for the entire duration of the contract in regards to Hayes. Which leads me to believe teams are asking for a full or close to 50% retention & the Flyers don’t really want to do that as they don’t want all that dead money two to three years from now with the final years of Hayes’ contract.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
ASF has been harping lately on the fact that the retention is the same rate for the entire duration of the contract in regards to Hayes. Which leads me to believe teams are asking for a full or close to 50% retention & the Flyers don’t really want to do that.
they need to just bite the bullet and just

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad