2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Even for rebuilding, having players in their mid to late 20s is a good thing, b/c Laughton at 29 with 3 years left on his deal has real trade value, because the cap hit is manageable and you'd get him from 29-31.

Same with Provorov this summer if they want to trade him, two years left at age 27-28 is a valuable asset.

The problem with this team isn't that they're loaded with over 30 veterans, it's that they lack the 2-3 top players who'd push everyone else down to roles where they're better suited.

The problem with this answer is that most players' peaks don't end at 30. Well, that and the idea that someone having trade value is only relevant if they're willing to trade him. In theory, all of this is fine. In practice, what have they done in the last 4 years that makes you think they understand this kind of long-term, layered maneuvering? They wouldn't even trade Laughton for 2 months and then re-sign him.

And of course we have the problem of there not being any likely top players in the system. And no reasonable road to acquiring them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's too old for a rebuild (27 next year, if this was 2025 . . .), and he's a wing, we need a center or a RHD, we have plenty of wings.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Lycksell should be taking a regular shift in the top 9 every game, as should Foerster. Attard should be getting a look on D and Ersson and Hart should be alternating starts in goal. Plus, at some point in the season, Desnoyers and Brink should get some games in as well. I didnt bother to mention Zamula because he’ll probably bolt for the KHL tjis summer rather than spend another year wasting his time with this clown show franchise.

All of the following should happen as well, but don’t hold your breath:
Cuck should be fired asap
JVR should be traded between now and the deadline.
If anyone is willing to part with a 1st for Laughton, trade him
DeAngelis should be traded asap
If a likely playoff team that badly needs an upgrade in goal, like perhaps LA, is willing to overpay for Hart, trade him. You can roll with Ersson and a vet free agent in 23-24.
Provorov should be shopped at the draft and Hayes needs to go to anyone who will take him.

Better than any of this though would be for Shitcast to sell the team to someone that actually gives a f*** about the on ice product, but don’t hold your breath.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

They half admit there’s a problem & things need to be changed but they still keep around the people causing the problems. :laugh:

I'm happy about this, as I was convinced they were going to elevate Camillo.

Well, happy is probably not the right word. He may be terrible himself.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If it means Scott is being pushed aside, how could it make things worse?

Hilferty comes to Comcast Spectacor after leading Philadelphia’s successful bid to be a host city for the FIFA World Cup 2026™ and continues to serve as Chair of the Board of Directors of Philadelphia Soccer 2026. A highly distinguished CEO with deep roots in Philadelphia, Hilferty was previously at the helm of Independence Blue Cross – one of the nation’s leading health insurers – as its President and Chief Executive Officer for 10 years. He has also held many other leadership positions throughout his career, including serving as President and CEO of AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies and as Senior Vice President of Government Affairs at Mercy Health Corporation, all Philadelphia headquartered companies.

This sounds almost like a labor of love, b/c he's already been at the top, and there is no chance of rising to the top at Comcast.
So it sounds like "I've made my money" move, maybe he really is a fanatical Flyers fan who wants to turn the team around?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Could be a "be careful what you wish for."

Glad it's not Camillo, but it *is* Comcast who made the hire. I have trepidation.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hilferty was in a venture four years ago with Brian Roberts, and took over the soccer gig from David Cohen, former ex-VP of Comcast.
So he's probably wired in at a higher level than Scott with Comcast senior executives.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You would have to think that since Comcast made the change, that person then can make changes below them to suit the needs of himself and the company.
He'll have the authority. What he decides to do and when, who knows. In the Flyers case, I assume he'll make an assessment after the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad