2022/23 Roster Thread XVII: The Days are Getting Longer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Don't bother. Most on this board are incapable of acknowledging that.
Sure, he's had some okay results and he seems suited for a 3rd pairing role. Let's not ignore the fact that this has only been ~30 games of decent play, relative to his previous 600 games of awful play. Granted, the deployment is not an apples to apples comparison, and he might be aptly suited for 3rd pairing, with no major special teams play. But I'm not going to give credit to a coaching staff who took an objectively terrible (like one of the worst defenders in the NHL) to JAG-status for 30 games. It's just not that impressive.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Check Gina Hahn's article on yesterday's Inky on the resurgence of TK. Briere and the analytics department worked together to help show TK ways to change his game on the ice and improve. Not all of the FO is braindead.

1153247.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Check Gina Hahn's article on yesterday's Inky on the resurgence of TK. Briere and the analytics department worked together to help show TK ways to change his game on the ice and improve. Not all of the FO is braindead.

Briere championed the Deslauriers signing.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The fact that people still don’t understand how to evaluate while taking shooting % and/or on-ice sh% into account still blows my mind.

Someone playing well but getting no luck is bashed, someone playing like shit but getting fluke luck is praised.

Even on here. It’s constant.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The fact that people still don’t understand how to evaluate while taking shooting % and/or on-ice sh% into account still blows my mind.

Someone playing well but getting no luck is bashed, someone playing like shit but getting fluke luck is praised.

Even on here. It’s constant.

Sounds like they should learn how to play the right way

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
geez..

cant you just enjoy the wins..

🤣

I’ll sure remember the successful west coast trip, when Bedard - and Michkov are scoring hat tricks against this team few years from now.

Like that playoff series win against the Habs, the stabilization this season will move into legend.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’ll sure remember the successful west coast trip, when Bedard - and Michkov are scoring hat tricks against this team few years from now.

Like that playoff series win against the Habs, the stabilization this season will move into legend.

"Niskanen," Kane says, before dropping a snow globe. It rolls off a ledge and shatters.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
"Niskanen," Kane says, before dropping a snow globe. It rolls off a ledge and shatters.

It might be another 15yrs, and I know how morbid this sounds - but from a strictly hockey POV.

The day we place gold coins on the eyes of certain men, will be a joyful day. The ravens will return to the lonely mountain once more.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I eagerly await the premature mega extensions for Hart, and Konecny.

‘Tis the Flyer way after all.
cant extend TK until 2024 I believe. Though it will come. I hope he has the best 2+ years of his career by the time they talk about an extension.

Hart I wonder if he bolts at first chance and avoids the long term deal.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
Konecny looks a little better this season, but nothing earth shattering. I don't know where people are getting that he's gone through some transformation
I mean, he's on more than a point per game pace for the first time in his career, tied his career high in goals in just 37 games, so he's definitely taken a step forward.

All that stated, I think how those around the team are reacting is more of a symptom in watching a team completely bereft of any talent.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Konecny looks a little better this season, but nothing earth shattering. I don't know where people are getting that he's gone through some transformation
Konecny looks *a lot* better this season. It's not simply that more of his shots are going in, it's the best and by far most consistent he's played in his entire career.

Part of the reason he's scoring more is because he's getting better scoring chances. He's even playing great on the PK, which is an entirely new element to his game.

This isn't only a luck vs. bad-luck thing, try as some people might to make it seem that way. TK has raised his game to a new level.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Joe Sakic wasn't hand picked by the cabal of morons that you believe should be sent to the moon and yet you think Briere is going to be some wunderkind despite that fact.

That takes some real mental gymnastics.
Colorado was a big of a mess as the current Flyer FO. Easy to forget that now.
I have no idea how good/bad Briere will be, but if he sees eye to eye with Torts about the need to rebuild, he gets my vote.

Sure, he's had some okay results and he seems suited for a 3rd pairing role. Let's not ignore the fact that this has only been ~30 games of decent play, relative to his previous 600 games of awful play. Granted, the deployment is not an apples to apples comparison, and he might be aptly suited for 3rd pairing, with no major special teams play. But I'm not going to give credit to a coaching staff who took an objectively terrible (like one of the worst defenders in the NHL) to JAG-status for 30 games. It's just not that impressive.
He's been a major part of a revived PK as well. Give credit where credit is do.
He has no business sniffing the ice on the PP, neither does Provorov, or Sanheim for that matter.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You know exactly where.

1) His point totals are higher so lazy fans think something drastic changed. They don’t realize he was great last year too, just with horrible luck instead of great luck.

2) weird fans are foaming at the mouth to give their hero Torts credit for literally anything. That’s why they’re pretending TK, Risto, etc are suddenly much better players.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Colorado was a big of a mess as the current Flyer FO. Easy to forget that now.
I have no idea how good/bad Briere will be, but if he sees eye to eye with Torts about the need to rebuild, he gets my vote.

He's been a major part of a revived PK as well. Give credit where credit is do.
He has no business sniffing the ice on the PP, neither does Provorov, or Sanheim for that matter.
They weren’t. I think I would know.

Oh, so you’re putting your faith in the God Emperor. Gotcha.

Tale as old as time.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'll put my faith in anyone who supports a rebuild instead of the "same old, same old."

Colorado missed the playoffs 6 of 7 seasons, their one good season was driven by a hot goaltender and Duchene (#3), Landeskog (#2), ROR, McKinnon (#1).
Varlamov won 41 games with a .927 S% that season.
This was the team that drafted Chris Stewart #18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad