2022/23 Roster Thread XVII: The Days are Getting Longer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Got bored, made something that goes right along the bottom of the floor but also plays the kids. I'd rather see this kind of team. 23-24 team:

Screenshot 2023-01-28 152354.png

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Why do we have to establish Fletcher as irredeemably bad with Minnesota for him to be irredeemably bad here? It was not an unmitigated disaster in Minnesota, but it has been an unmitigated disaster here -- so move on.

That said, his Minnesota tenure foretold his flaws here: never drafting in quantity and happily trading picks; besides 1 magical 5th rounder, being a mediocre drafter (shoutout Flahrsy); getting wrecked on some major trades; having no actual vision to build a contender (when 32-35 y.o. Eric Staal, admittedly a good move, comes in and becomes your best forward, your decade of building ain't it); and even dragging the same plugs along with him. Above all? He didn't display even an inkling of managing a rebuild. Every move was made for one explicit, always forward moving purpose: to be 1st round fodder.

Unsurprisingly no mention of the Parise or Suter contracts.

Well, you see, it was actually Minnesota Dave Scott who forced his hand to sign the hometown heroes. He had no choice! We saw the same thing here with Johnny Gaud--........oh.

Last edited:

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Alright, you are named GM of the flyers tomorrow...what do you do?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why do we have to establish Fletcher as irredeemably bad with Minnesota for him to be irredeemably bad here? It was not an unmitigated disaster in Minnesota, but it has been an unmitigated disaster here -- so move on.

That said, his Minnesota tenure foretold his flaws here: never drafting in quantity and happily trading picks; besides 1 magical 5th rounder, being a mediocre drafter (shoutout Flahrsy); getting wrecked on some major trades; having no actual vision to build a contender (when 32-35 y.o. Eric Staal, admittedly a good move, comes in and becomes your best forward, your decade of building ain't it); and even dragging the same plugs along with him. Above all? He didn't display even an inkling of managing a rebuild. Every move was made for one explicit, always forward moving purpose: to be 1st round fodder.

Well, you see, it was actually Minnesota Dave Scott who forced his hand to sign the hometown heroes. He had no choice! We saw the same thing here with Johnny Gaud--........oh.

Fletcher‘s managing career looks like a guy who came up under Bobby Clarke. Draft as little as possible, make big UFA signings, mismanage the cap by overspending on secondary & role players, etc.

For Fletcher in Minnesota Suter & Parise were at least top 5-10 players at their positions at the time of the signings & were that for a decent portion of the contract. But obviously the term was ridiculous & had no chance of ever not becoming a major problem down the road. Here in Philadelphia he hitched his wagon to Kevin Hayes which didn’t offer a window for him to get fat off of.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's not hard, what Guerin is doing in Minnesota.

Trade JVR at the TDL, see if there's interest in Seeler, Braun, MacEwen for late round picks (if Hagg could garner a 6th . . .)
Trade Hayes and Provorov this summer, Hayes will actually garner some assets if he finishes with 70 or so points (25 in his last 32g).
Listen to offers for TK, but it'll have to be "an offer I can't refuse" kind of deal.

Get a 2nd, and a 5th and 7th at the TDL or more (depends how JVR does his next 15-20 games)
Get a couple assets for Hayes, 2nd and prospect, get a 1st, 2nd and B prospect for Provorov or a "A prospect" and draft picks.

At that point, I check with the doctors, see how Couts finishes the season, see how Atkinson is coming along.
Because that will determine how much I spend on short-term contracts for veterans next year, ideally, if they can play next year, I pick up a couple veterans on one year "show me" deals to flip at the next TDL and allow me to be patient with prospects instead of rushing them. So I can start Andrae at LHV, for example.

I don't buy out Risto or Deslauriers, future cap room is more valuable than present cap room.
Same with TDA, if there's interest I move him but I don't buy him out.
Come summer of 2023, I see if there's any demand, I'll eat some money or take a short-term contract back.

My focus is on the 2025-26 season, anyone I don't think will be a contributor then is available.
The next two years are about accumulating assets and gradually working young players into bigger roles.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's a break for Hodgson!

Foerster is probably the callup, Brink is still getting his skating legs back, Lycksell seemed to be uncomfortable at RW, Wisdom is probably a year away;.

• Haha
Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
We have no assets to trade to make that happen. And Fletcher is complete ass at drafting, while the organization as a whole is complete ass at player development.

The team needs years to heal from Fletcher before it can even begin that process. Minnesota is four years detached from him and they still have a way to go before they've healed his damage and have a chance to consider contending. Fletcher turns teams into smoking craters.
sometimes you just have to understand, the players dont want to lose, that's the culture of the flyers, no matter how bad the roster is or who is running it. first of all, you are one that's not accepting for what the league is, what the rules are, you just want to bend them to get your way, it doesnt work that way, otherwise, you are only making things worse and have no hope for this team at all to make the playoffs or win nothing for the next decade.

you have to accept the fact that we are not getting a star player thru the draft, accept it or dont watch.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
sometimes you just have to understand, the players dont want to lose, that's the culture of the flyers, no matter how bad the roster is or who is running it. first of all, you are one that's not accepting for what the league is, what the rules are, you just want to bend them to get your way, it doesnt work that way, otherwise, you are only making things worse and have no hope for this team at all to make the playoffs or win nothing for the next decade.

you have to accept the fact that we are not getting a star player thru the draft, accept it or dont watch.

Please. Please make a single post that isn't a complete lie about what others believe or say from start to finish. I'm begging you.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I BEG THE OWNER TO FIRE CLARKE HOMER SCOTT FLUSHER FIRST AND FOREMOST.

no duh trades
jvr for 2 or equal prospect
braun for 3 or 4
seeler for snickers bar

If you can get a 2/ 2 plus for ADA cut your losses and move on

You listen and see if someone over pays for a vet under contract
Laughton for sure
Hart I am listening but it better be overpayment
Tk guessing no but doesn't mean i hang up the phone

at 4m Hayes has legit value make it so

Provorov of course u listen. I just have doubts after latest incident you get equal value let alone overpayment.

Reactions: BernieParent

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I BEG THE OWNER TO FIRE CLARKE HOMER SCOTT FLUSHER FIRST AND FOREMOST.

no duh trades
jvr for 2 or equal prospect
braun for 3 or 4
seeler for snickers bar

If you can get a 2/ 2 plus for ADA cut your losses and move on

You listen and see if someone over pays for a vet under contract
Laughton for sure
Hart I am listening but it better be overpayment
Tk guessing no but doesn't mean i hang up the phone

at 4m Hayes has legit value make it so

Provorov of course u listen. I just have doubts after latest incident you get equal value let alone overpayment.
Lol TK is the first one out the door for me. Then Hart, then Travo. Good luck lads, thanks for the picks and prospects. Hoping they all go on to have wildly successful careers and make Fletcher look like an even bigger idiot for wasting them. Full on rebuild mode for the next 5 seasons. We're doing this Avs style

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Lol TK is the first one out the door for me. Then Hart, then Travo. Good luck lads, thanks for the picks and prospects. Hoping they all go on to have wildly successful careers and make Fletcher look like an even bigger idiot for wasting them. Full on rebuild mode for the next 5 seasons. We're doing this Avs style
Avs style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad