2022/23 Roster Thread XVII: The Days are Getting Longer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I'm gonna copypaste this here as well, if its not allowed just remove the post. Repost from Provorov trade thread:

I was thinking about not posting this, because i don't want to be the dude who translates this and make Kimmo hated or something since in 2023 people like to turn every opinion into racism or whatever. But since he himself said "i can be public about this" i'll just go. Maybe HFBoards dont have many Lauren Boebert followers or other ignorant people who don't understand what is going on in Europe in here.

In this weeks podcast Kimmo Timonen said "I have had many russian teammates, but not too many of those were good guys." "And i don't know Ivan at all, but when the organisation backs the pride night, then every player supports it." "You have to stand behind the organization, i don't know if you can hide behind a religion on this."

Co-host: "There has been pics of him wearing all kinds of army support camo jerseys etc before" Kimmo: Well yeah no doubt."

Co-host: "NHL is already having trouble with the captain of Capitals, and what he stands for, and didn't really want this, and now they get Flyers to be the 2nd team for this story."

AND for a disclaimer, Timonen would 100% have wore that or back up to any minority whatsoever, so no need to twist my shit translation to something it isn't.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What nationality is Kimmo?
What is that country's history with Russia?
There's your answer.

I don't think Kimmo is seeing this from the perspective of Americans' trying to balance different interests.

Torts even came out and said he was wrong in his comments about Kaepernick and sitting for the national anthem, b/c he realized that there's a balance between what a coach/FO thinks players should do and the players' desire to think for themselves.

You can't pick and choose, if you force players to mouth the "company line," then any company line can be permitted to be forced down the throats of players, not just those that make the PC crowd happy. What if Musk or Thiel buy a sports team and hold "libertarian night?" How about "lower tax" night. There are some right wing Christian oilmen who could afford to buy the Dallas Stars, how about "Jesus and America" night? I suspect in Dallas, that'll have as much support as Gay Pride night. Gov Abbott would show up.

The best thing for the league, the Flyers and Provorov is to put this behind them, and be more discrete about pushing players to support causes - it's one thing for players to voluntarily participate - but you're asking for trouble when you force players to promote causes.

My guess is in a couple weeks this will be forgotten, there's no outrageous behavior or smoking gun, just the usual internet outrage that dissipates like smoke. His trade market will depend on his play the rest of the season.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
What nationality is Kimmo?
What is that country's history with Russia?
There's your answer.

I don't think Kimmo is seeing this from the perspective of Americans' trying to balance different interests.

Torts even came out and said he was wrong in his comments about Kaepernick and sitting for the national anthem, b/c he realized that there's a balance between what a coach/FO thinks players should do and the players' desire to think for themselves.

You can't pick and choose, if you force players to mouth the "company line," then any company line can be permitted to be forced down the throats of players, not just those that make the PC crowd happy. What if Musk or Thiel buy a sports team and hold "libertarian night?" How about "lower tax" night. There are some right wing Christian oilmen who could afford to buy the Dallas Stars, how about "Jesus and America" night? I suspect in Dallas, that'll have as much support as Gay Pride night. Gov Abbott would show up.

The best thing for the league, the Flyers and Provorov is to put this behind them, and be more discrete about pushing players to support causes - it's one thing for players to voluntarily participate - but you're asking for trouble when you force players to promote causes.

My guess is in a couple weeks this will be forgotten, there's no outrageous behavior or smoking gun, just the usual internet outrage that dissipates like smoke. His trade market will depend on his play the rest of the season.
I knew some f***ing hero would call it like that. You are so f***ing lost if i would give you a map you would'nt find there.

Edit: Do you absolute clown understand that us Finns fought against Ukrainians in the winter war as well? It wasn't just the Russians. We are just not f***ing dumb and understand that it was a decision by dumb people with too much power. And the "company line" about Musk and shit is just complete f***ing bullshit, wake up dude.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Therien took a flamethrower towards Provorov on the recent STG podcast. He said if for nothing else support your organization & your teammates by not making the night about you. He said you were asked to wear a jersey for like 15-20 minutes for a charitable event.
Well yeah this is what Timonen said as well, i'm just horseshit in english and couldn't put it in words.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

His trade value might be higher after the season than it is today, but it would take multiple great seasons to recover to what it was last summer or even last week. Some teams will still be in on him, but he probably pushed himself off quite a few teams' lists forever. Whether the franchise's calculation is that his presence will be alienating or divisive for their fanbase, or if they just don't want a selfish little prick in their locker room.

Remember that exchange we had before this happened, about just f***ing trading Provorov quietly the second you realize he should be gone? Rather than leaking to the press you're considering it, and creating a drawn-out process that puts a spotlight on him, his play, and his personality? This is what the f*** I was talking about. You don't give a passive aggressive loser forewarning. This event told a lot of GMs something that many of them wouldn't have bothered to learn otherwise. It sucks.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I knew some f***ing hero would call it like that. You are so f***ing lost if i would give you a map you would'nt find there.

Edit: Do you absolute clown understand that us Finns fought against Ukrainians in the winter war as well? It wasn't just the Russians. We are just not f***ing dumb and understand that it was a decision by dumb people with too much power. And the "company line" about Musk and shit is just complete f***ing bullshit, wake up dude.
When did the Finns fight the Ukranians? There may have been some conscripts in the Russian army, but there was no "Ukraine" in WWII. It had been absorbed in the Soviet Union. Some Ukrainians sided with the Nazis (better the devil you don't know) after Stalin starved 3-5 million Ukrainians to death in the 1930s. [Holodomor - Wikipedia]. And the Ukraine was 1000 miles from Finland.

This will blow over, players have done far worse things with little consequence, assault, wife beating, there's a long list.

Reactions: IronMarshal

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
When did the Finns fight the Ukranians? There may have been some conscripts in the Russian army, but there was no "Ukraine" in WWII. It had been absorbed in the Soviet Union. Some Ukrainians sided with the Nazis (better the devil you don't know) after Stalin starved 3-5 million Ukrainians to death in the 1930s. [Holodomor - Wikipedia]. And the Ukraine was 1000 miles from Finland.

This will blow over, players have done far worse things with little consequence, assault, wife beating, there's a long list.
Ukrainian military service is serious stuff. About 40% of the Red Army during WWII was Ukrainian. Vlasov pulled in close to a million Ukrainians into an anti-Soviet army that Hitler refused to utilize. They’ve gone either way with Moscow for over a century. Even the Tsars utilized their military skills-Cossacks. When Kimo talks about Finns fighting Ukrainians, he’s probably correct.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
The last podcast I listened to Charlie did say he’d bring back Frost next year. As he is showing enough, he should be cheap, & the team should still in a evaluation stage in his opinion.
You wanna make fun of me? aight, im really sorry for trying to translate to you. Won't happen again, really sorry for that.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You wanna make fun of me? aight, im really sorry for trying to translate to you.

I’m not it was a joke not directed at you. You’re not American so probably not understanding the reference like others would.

I would never tell European countries that were/are effected by Russia/Soviet Union how they should feel about them after what they did to some of those countries.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
In the winter war there was a Ukrainian batallion attacking Finland. They weren't actually asked if they want to join though. But yes you are correct, politics or 50+year stuff shouldn't be a part of this. You are just too dumb to understand that, deadinthehead. I know i will catch a ban for this, but f*** it. You and your kind of ignorant f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: shouldn't try to speak about Russia when the closest of it was in CoD for you. So how about you just stfu and ask if your mom will bring some milk in the basement?
If only you knew what it's like to be 26 and half your friends are fighting or fought in an unpopular war. It's almost an American tradition and if you can't see why he's feeling a little patriotic right now I guess you never will

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I go back to Dec 7, when JVR returned, York was promoted, then a couple weeks later Allison returned.
That allowed them to roll three lines (and Allison pushed MacEwen down to the 4th line).

York was paired with Provorov, which has resulted in the Russian homophobe's best play in a couple years.

Now this isn't a good team, it has gone from a bad team to a mediocre team.
Talent is still talent, and the Flyers lack some.
But six of the top nine forwards are 25 and under, with Lycksell, Brink, Foerster and Desnoyers looking good in LHV, and Gauthier in college (Avon in the CHL and Kaplan are farther away).

The oldest D-man is Seeler (Braun is now a bench fixture), but only York and Sanheim seem to be in future plans.
Andrae, Attard, Zamula, Ginning Hogberg, only Andrae and Attard are top four candidates.

They need to trade the veterans, and add young talent the next two years.
If you can't land a Bedard, you'd better build quality depth up and down the lineup.

I was told before the season that Fletcher had drained this team of any explosive talent, so I believed what I read from the Hive.
Was the Hive wrong?

You go back to any bullshit time period best suits your narrative.

Once again, when you have to be a liar about what people said, it indicates you have no real foundation to stand on with your arguments. You're lying. Nobody told you that.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You go back to any bullshit time period best suits your narrative.

Once again, when you have to be a liar about what people said, it indicates you have no real foundation to stand on with your arguments. You're lying. Nobody told you that.
You know that would get you banned, expect there are double standards on this site.
Making personal attacks on posters.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Interesting article on entries, not as simple as some here make it.
There's a good reason most 4th lines, even on a team as good as the Bruins, tend to dump it in a lot.

Reactions: IronMarshal

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Keepin' the dream alive!

1674482319595.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad