2022/23 Roster Thread XVI: Suite 16, Room for Improvement

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Can anyone find an article proving that Beef doesn't have the best culinary taste on this board?

I'll be waiting.

4a70d0ebde4080222bdabdaee31e1172_w200.gif

Mpke.gif

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Ristolainen has 2 points in 31 games and the 2nd worst ES GF% of any Flyers dman despite being used as a #5.

His 5on5 GF% is the worst because that takes out some of the empty net GA that Provorov has been on the ice for at the end of games. Risto's 5on5 GA/60 is also the worst on the team, even though he's been sheltered from hard competition.

Easily the worst newly signed contract in the NHL.
2 points in his last 4 games. Out of his slump.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I've been waiting for some of the veteran trash to be moved out of Philly. I thought that they'd have played themselves out of here by Thanksgiving...then before the Christmas break...then after the end of the year road trip to California. Nope, didn't happen.
Now Lycksell gets sent back to LHV and Brink goes there for "conditioning". The latter makes some sense. However why put Lyscksell on the toilet seat and keep Brown or MacEwan around. They are known commodities; fourth liners at best that will never improve. Lycksell can do that and might do more but he's not being given a chance. Watch Brink be glued to LHV until the last five games of the season.-Fletcher: "He couldn't get back into game shape". Fletcher must really want to make those waiver wire moves from the past look good.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It's not a real problem - you can always throw an AHL contract into a trade to free up a slot.
How you can say it isnt a problem or even try to justify it is well not sure what it is really. This GM blows.

They have no chance to get a player on waivers at this time if one was available. Actually shocked they didnt trade Isaac for futures to some team who needs AHL depth yet.

I've been waiting for some of the veteran trash to be moved out of Philly. I thought that they'd have played themselves out of here by Thanksgiving...then before the Christmas break...then after the end of the year road trip to California. Nope, didn't happen.
Now Lycksell gets sent back to LHV and Brink goes there for "conditioning". The latter makes some sense. However why put Lyscksell on the toilet seat and keep Brown or MacEwan around. They are known commodities; fourth liners at best that will never improve. Lycksell can do that and might do more but he's not being given a chance. Watch Brink be glued to LHV until the last five games of the season.-Fletcher: "He couldn't get back into game shape". Fletcher must really want to make those waiver wire moves from the past look good.
Showcasing them......clearly that is a joke. As far as Ollie if not playing him in the top 9 then he is better off on the phantoms.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
What’s the point, as well. It’s not like they are winning with the current roster construction. There is regally no reason to not have Lycksell on the Flyers at this point. He’s been playing against men for the last five seasons. It’s time to give him his 30-50 game tryout.

I really don’t understand the argument that he can’t play on the fourth line where he will be playing 10min per night.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Because the first three lines are set, both Lycksell (23) and Bellows (24) are better served playing big minutes in LHV than on the 4th line in Philly. Bellows actually had good metrics in Philly, just couldn't score to save his life (pressing?).

Who do you sit on the first three lines? JVR is being showcased, Hayes needs to build his value for a summer deal, same with Laughton, you gonna sit Allison? The 4th line generally plays 8 minutes a night, do you want to stick Lycksell with Brown and MacEwen?

At the TDL, JVR is a good bet to be moved, maybe Laughton, a couple others.
Hayes will probably wait for summer, same with Provorov due to cap implications.

There's no rush, if the Phantoms make the playoffs you might keep them there to play major roles in an AHL playoff than play out the string in Philly.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
What’s the point, as well. It’s not like they are winning with the current roster construction. There is regally no reason to not have Lycksell on the Flyers at this point. He’s been playing against men for the last five seasons. It’s time to give him his 30-50 game tryout.

I really don’t understand the argument that he can’t play on the fourth line where he will be playing 10min per night.
Ollie is a player with a future, the waiver garbage players aren’t.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

one thing with this Org.

youth will rarely be given minutes if it means taking them away from old washed up vets with nothing more to give....

Reactions: VladDrag

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

It's the shitty role/fit obsessed mindset ruling the team.

Lycksell can't play top 9 minutes because he's unproven. But he can't play 4th line minutes to prove himself because it isn't his role/he can play more in the AHL.

Idiotic feedback loop. If Joseph Heller were still alive he could write a sequel based solely on the Flyers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Funny how a team that is one of the top 5 worst in the league has 3 lines that are set in stone...

Four lines and three pairs. The thought of having 2 or 3 rookie dmen in that lineup on purpose makes Fletcher dry heave. In turn, Flahr gets mad because a dry heave teases the possibility of Fletcher producing something to eat which never materializes

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Ghost + Hagg - 6 mil dollar cap hit and required giving up no assets to just keep. Instead, chuck traded both PLUS:

2021 1st
2022 2nd
2022 4th
2023 2nd
2023 3rd
2024 2nd

To turn those 2 into Risto and DeAngelo, who together cost almost twice the cap hit and are at best marginal upgrades...but in reality are arguably worse.

Its just mind boggling. And he couldve made it look not nearly as bad if he djdny trade for TDA and got a couple picks back for risto at the deadline...but he doubles down on his stupidity!

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Because the first three lines are set, both Lycksell (23) and Bellows (24) are better served playing big minutes in LHV than on the 4th line in Philly. Bellows actually had good metrics in Philly, just couldn't score to save his life (pressing?).

Who do you sit on the first three lines? JVR is being showcased, Hayes needs to build his value for a summer deal, same with Laughton, you gonna sit Allison? The 4th line generally plays 8 minutes a night, do you want to stick Lycksell with Brown and MacEwen?

At the TDL, JVR is a good bet to be moved, maybe Laughton, a couple others.
Hayes will probably wait for summer, same with Provorov due to cap implications.

There's no rush, if the Phantoms make the playoffs you might keep them there to play major roles in an AHL playoff than play out the string in Philly.

No rush. No problems. "What, me worry?"

-Every Deady post ever

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
It's the shitty role/fit obsessed mindset ruling the team.

Lycksell can't play top 9 minutes because he's unproven. But he can't play 4th line minutes to prove himself because it isn't his role/he can play more in the AHL.

Idiotic feedback loop. If Joseph Heller were still alive he could write a sequel based solely on the Flyers.
It’s so dumb. Just put him on the 4th line while you ‘showcase’ JvR. Then he’ll have 15 games at NHL speed prior to moving into a top 9 role (whatever the hell that means anyways). And what he needs is time to adjust to NHL speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad