2022/23 Roster Thread XIX: 19th Nervous Breakdown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don’t know why you think comparing Frost to Giroux, on the PP is remotely fair. Giroux lead the league, or was near the top, in pp points for like 5 consecutive seasons. It’s just not a fair comparison.
From 09-10 until 19-20, Giroux was 1st in the entire league in total PP points with 310.

If Frost isn't on that level he's basically worthless.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Nobody is giving up on him yet, but the timeline for that has shrunk. The simple fact is, right now Cates and Tippet are better players who fit roles on the team. Frosty is not there. I know that goes against the “wisdom of the board” but I think objectively what I said is right.

i know I shouldn’t reply to this, but who is John?
If you say Frost will never be the right player for torts or this franchise iam with you. With Colorado, Carolina of Florida he would be a valuable 3rd liner with pp2 minutes.

And maybe he can grow in such a system.even more.

With us his career will be f***ed!

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
It's hard to believe that a team that kept lying about being a play-off contender has failed so hard and then compounded this by having the worst tank-deadline of all time. That fifth round pick will surely come in handy.

Now we'll probably have enough talent left on the roster to climb up to that desirable 14th overall pick and turn this into a completely and totally wasted season. Great work Chuck, it's not at all gobsmacking that you're still employed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's hard to believe that a team that kept lying about being a play-off contender has failed so hard and then compounded this by having the worst tank-deadline of all time. That fifth round pick will surely come in handy.

Now we'll probably have enough talent left on the roster to climb up to that desirable 14th overall pick and turn this into a completely and totally wasted season. Great work Chuck, it's not at all gobsmacking that you're still employed.

Don't forget that there's still time to further ruin Couturier

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
As someone who attended their first game in 1968, though I really don’t remember it (I was 3), and, more importantly, as someone who attended roughly 95% of home games between 1974 and 2004, I can say with 100% percent conviction that this is as bad as it gets.

I have been angry before, frustrated before, devastated before, but never have I just felt like giving up because it was hopeless. Ownership doesn’t care, the GM is a clueless lackey, the senior advisors are way past their expiration date, the heir apparent seems to be yet another clueless toady, the head coach is a complete asshole, the developmental staff are clueless, the medical/training staffs are incompetent, the roster is pathetic and the prospect cupboard is nearly bare. And, to top it off, they will have all of one pick among the top 70 or so selections at the draft.

There is nothing good about this franchise anymore.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
As someone who attended their first game in 1968, though I really don’t remember it (I was 3), and, more importantly, as someone who attended roughly 95% of home games between 1974 and 2004, I can say with 100% percent conviction that this is as bad as it gets.

I have been angry before, frustrated before, devastated before, but never have I just felt like giving up because it was hopeless. Ownership doesn’t care, the GM is a clueless lackey, the senior advisors are way past their expiration date, the heir apparent seems to be yet another clueless toady, the head coach is a complete asshole, the developmental staff are clueless, the medical/training staffs are incompetent, the roster is pathetic and the prospect cupboard is nearly bare. And, to top it off, they will have all of one pick among the top 70 or so selections at the draft.

Not only is the roster pathetic, it is full of extremely unlikable players.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

You're right, there is no worse position than where we are. If you're 30th overall at least you can be optimistic about the picks you'll get and your chances in the lottery. You can see the sun rising over the distant horizon. We have nothing except old players on long contracts. We have one legit prospect and barely a couple of roster players worth a damn. With this clown in charge we'll get nothing for the forseeable either. An eternity of constant below-average plodding, the Chuck Fletcher trademark. He's not even good enough to be bad.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Old players on long-term contracts?

Ellis is basically a permanent LTIR.
Couts has 7 years
Hayes 3 years but may be gone
Atkinson 2 years
JVR gone

Risto (29) 4 years
Laughton (29) 3 years
Snaheim (27) 7 years

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
yet another clueless toady

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

200w.gif

Reactions: BiggE

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

randy-savage-crown.gif

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Trying to compare Cates and Frost is like comparing apples to oranges . Frost is the far superior skills guy but his brain has to catch up with his hands and feet . Point and case , last night he enters the offensive zone with the puck spins back and throws a pass right to the Detroit guy who in turns goes right down and scores their only goal they got . He makes some high skill passes and plays but needs to make the safer play in certain situations . With playing time I think and hope this will come around .

Cates is the defensively smart player which is exacty what Tort's is in love with . He reminds me a lot of Andrew Copp who use to play for Winnipeg then Rangers and now the Red Wings . Copp has more offense in him by a bit but is a 3rd line center at best . Winnipeg knew this and now Detroit is learning this . He is good on pk a good shut down guy and a guy you put out when you have a lead late in games but no pp or ot or put out late in game when you are down .

Tort's loves his D side smarts so thinks the more he puts him out in offensive role that he will learn it . Problem is he has never been a skill guy or had and offense at any higher level . If you gave him Allisons mins and ice time usage he would not have 10 points this year . Square peg round hole .

Hopefully with time Frost can figure things out and become a decent second line center and Tort's is smart enough to figure out Cates and put him in his proper spot .

I thought the other day vs the Rangers when he put Frost with Tippet and Farabee that is a potential second line going Forward and had Cates with Laughton and Allison that is a good shut down third line that could chip in here and there . It lasted one game and Tort's with all his wisdom f***s it up the next game as usual .

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

It’s really not hard to believe. This is the way the Flyers have operated for decades.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Now Torts is a moron & Chuck is dumb FOR using analytics.

For F’s sake.

There was nothing in Al Capone’s vault.
But it wasn’t Geraldo’s fault.
D’oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad