2022/23 Roster Thread XIX: 19th Nervous Breakdown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Don't know where the hell to put this, but we have a leak/mockup of what the roster will be wearing next year.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Frankly, I don't trust them to do better than what's come before, so better to wear what's come before. (Of course, they decided to Be a F*^$ing Flyer about it anyway and remove one of the key elements that made the old jersey pop.)

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Need to see what it actually looks like, but the lack of black trim is disappointing. That makes it really pop.

"Note: there will not be a black uniform; there will not be an alternate uniform for the Flyers in 2023-24. Just the home orange and road white. Aside from the change to the shade of orange, the logo will remain exactly the same (and rightfully so!)."

Best news yet.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Imagine still using "fit" as an excuse for the former GM paying thru the nose to get rid of Ghost when the same GM brought in Gustafsson (with Ghost still here!), Yandle and Angelo to replace him.

Speaking of Gus, he has 1 point in 8 games since going to Toronto after being pumped and dumped by the Caps. Ghost has 7 points in 14 games for the Canes.

Very odd choice by Dubas to swap Sandin for Gustafsson and a 1st when they are, presumably, trying to win a Cup right now. Looks like a pretty ridiculous mistake at this point.

Reactions: Larry44

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Don't know where the hell to put this, but we have a leak/mockup of what the roster will be wearing next year.

Those are exactly the same as their current 70's inspired set but in burnt orange.

If that's the only change they make, i'll be dissapointed...which if par for the decade-long course.

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Those are exactly the same as their current 70's inspired set but in burnt orange.

If that's the only change they make, i'll be dissapointed...which if par for the decade-long course.
They're supposedly more of a takeoff on the 80s/90s set, and these being mockups they might not be exact. To my eye, they're basically what would happen if you fed NightCafe all the Flyers' sets except the black ones and instructed it to draw a jersey.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They're supposedly more of a takeoff on the 80s/90s set, and these being mockups they might not be exact. To my eye, they're basically what would happen if you fed NightCafe all the Flyers' sets except the black ones and instructed it to draw a jersey.

When you remove the trim and thin arm stripe from the 80's/90's set, you are left with what is essentially the 70's set.

Why can't they just f***ing bring back the exact 80's/90's set? That's what everyone wants. Other teams have done it. Just f***ing do it. Why is it so hard for them do a single thing that is universally applauded?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
When you remove the trim and thin arm stripe from the 80's/90's set, you are left with what is essentially the 70's set.

Why can't they just f***ing bring back the exact 80's/90's set? That's what everyone wants. Other teams have done it. Just f***ing do it. Why is it so hard for them do a single thing that is universally applauded?

I know it's not a real connection, but the fact that the business side can't get these simple things right does not fill me with any confidence that Comcast will be sweeping in to reform the hockey side successfully. Gritty seems more and more like a fluke success. Nobody knows what they're doing anywhere, for anything.

The white jerseys this year should have their memory damned. Far and away my least favorite jersey, ever. For any sport. For any team. Everyone responsible for them must be put in The Musher.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I know it's not a real connection, but the fact that the business side can't get these simple things right does not fill me with any confidence that Comcast will be sweeping in to reform the hockey side successfully. Gritty seems more and more like a fluke success. Nobody knows what they're doing anywhere, for anything.

The white jerseys this year should have their memory damned. Far and away my least favorite jersey, ever. For any sport. For any team. Everyone responsible for them must be put in The Musher.

Yeah, that "Reverse Retro" this season was a f***ing abomination.

Had they done a thick stripe down the sides of the shorts and socks to mimic the look of the Cooperalls, it might have all worked better.

Wait, they’re using a lighter orange? They’ve used the neon shit since 2010. There’s no way the burnt orange is lighter.

Yeah I don't know where they are getting that. Looks like he has the colors reversed. The orange now is Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

HA!! Nostalgia again reigns supreme. This organization literally refuses to live in the present.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So we don’t want the old school orange and white? I thought we wanted that. I don’t like the black and white or whatever those retro’s were. That’s the only time they can refer to the past. The blouses

We do, but they arent giving us that. The only difference from their current set appears to be the shade of orange and slightly wider shoulder stripes. I am happy to have the burnt orange back at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad