2022/23 Roster Thread XIX: 19th Nervous Breakdown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
It's a balance, while it's tempting to trade everyone, you end up with a team with players 20-24 years old that folds at the first breathe of winter. You need a few veteran anchors even when rebuilding, obviously, if Couts can return, he's perfect for that role. But TK brings a high motor and compete level, and that both rubs off and take pressure off younger players.

Provorov on the other hand, and I'd say Sanheim too, aren't players I'd want at the core of a rebuilding team.
Provorov has the work ethic, but he doesn't seem to have much leadership qualities, and Sanheim is looking like a tease.

You can sign vets or even get paid to take them on as cap dumps for these roles, though.

If you're rebuilding (and I'll believe it when I see it), you shouldn't be spending full UFA rates into their 30s on guys who could return multiple premium assets. If you're not going to sign a guy with 2 years left and you're not going to contend in those 2 years, you either move him this offseason or you're incompetent. Someone will pay up in spades.

You don't have to trade everything. You do have to add a quantity of premium assets if you ever want to hit critical mass. There are only so many players that get you on that road.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Lol I found the app on google play

1678297887536.png

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Did anyone read/post this yet?

If it can be believed, there's some good info here.

Apparently, everyone could be fired but Briere would likely be GM (even though that isn't certain). I'll take it (for now).

Winds of Change Blowing in Philadelphia

I have zero faith in Briere but I will happily take him slotting into GM if it comes with every single one of those fat slobs getting purged forever. Don't ever even let them back into the facilities. Block all their numbers. Get restraining orders. Only Dave and Bernie can stay.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
11 fwds to play Tippet 28 mins is moronic
He looks horrid on PK

That being said I’m quite pleased with Tippet this year , mildly excited, but this usage is beyond stupid.
I don't think Torts is trying to win games the rest of the way, but to look at players in different situations.
He knows a number of starters will be dealt this summer, next TDL or next summer, so he has to get a sense how much he can throw at core players like Tippett, Frost, Cates and York next year.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Chuck's app probably tells him that Konecny + 8th Overall = 1st Overall.
PS5 style

I have zero faith in Briere but I will happily take him slotting into GM if it comes with every single one of those fat slobs getting purged forever. Don't ever even let them back into the facilities. Block all their numbers. Get restraining orders. Only Dave and Bernie can stay.
Agreed. This is the only way a Briere scenario doesn't piss me off

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I can believe a major shakeup is coming, and I don't need inside sources.
It's obvious the fan base is unhappy, ticket sales and ratings are declining, and there a lot of negative national attention.

At some point Comcast Corporate knows they can't let this fester, and throwing Fletcher to the wolves (inevitable at this point, Vegas probably has it 10:1 he's fired within a week of the end of the season) won't be enough - it's gone well past that point.

I think Scott is put out to pasture, this happened under his watch, and they can allow him to gracefully "retire" given his age. And if he goes, I suspect the advisors will soon follow.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
It's obvious the fan base is unhappy, ticket sales and ratings are declining, and there a lot of negative national attention.

At some point Comcast Corporate knows they can't let this fester, and throwing Fletcher to the wolves (inevitable at this point, Vegas probably has it 10:1 he's fired within a week of the end of the season) won't be enough - it's gone well past that point.

I think Scott is put out to pasture, this happened under his watch, and they can allow him to gracefully "retire" given his age. And if he goes, I suspect the advisors will soon follow.
But why is a shake up needed . According to you just about every move they make are the correct ones or are ones that don't matter .

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Bernie Parent? He’s gotta go too. He had that interview with Taryn, and snatched the opportunity to label G a selfish player and drag him through the mud. No sir. It’s the musher for him, I’m afraid

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I don't think Torts is trying to win games the rest of the way, but to look at players in different situations.
He knows a number of starters will be dealt this summer, next TDL or next summer, so he has to get a sense how much he can throw at core players like Tippett, Frost, Cates and York next year.
Did the revolving door jam again?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
@Captain Dave Poulin and I thank you.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

Lappy must go too. There was an article by COC in the Athletic today about Anisimov and the Phantoms. It seems that Foerster and others pay more attention to what AA has to say than Lappy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Giroux was a conditioning fanatic, which is why he's still effective at 35.
He was much stronger than Frost,
That's funny considering you wanted a "tired" Giroux's ice time to be limited six years ago when he had just turned 29. I guess he wasn't one of those "big strong boys" that you love so much.

Giroux's ice time needs to be limited, he's starting to slow down, a tired Giroux is a menace to the neighborhood.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
That's funny considering you wanted a "tired" Giroux's ice time to be limited six years ago when he had just turned 29. I guess he wasn't one of those "big strong boys" that you love so much.

He's since done more research and has readjusted his opinion. What's wrong with that?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Lebruns whole thing on TK is speculation. He says he expects chuck to and it makes sense too... not "ive heard hes going to explore trading tk".

We all know what Chuck should be doing...and he hasnt done any of it. The offseason will be no different.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Need more size! Would be peak flyers to tank right after the Bedard draft

The horrifying part is that I'm not even sure they view trading Konecny as kicking off a tear-down years long rebuild. Certainly not when 34 year old Atkinson might return, along with Tippett blossoming into a franchise RW. Shortcut Chuck will find a way to expedite this process. He bled himself dry of so many assets, he's probably desperate to recoup some, which usually works out well.

I said it was mind-boggling that Fletcher was allowed to manage this deadline, and he sure showed why. But the opportunity cost of missing out on a 3rd rounder is manageable. Him, or another crony, having anything to do with a franchise altering trade in Konecny or Provorov (who suddenly is in their good graces again?) would be the value death knell.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
We all know what Chuck should be doing...and he hasnt done any of it. The offseason will be no different.
Chuck ought to be falling into the all gone machine. Either on his own or pushed into it.
TK is one of the few blue chip assets that the organization could cash in if they chose to do it. Can you imagine the paltry return Fletcher would accept for him? It would be tragically sad. He needs to go before he does more damage.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Giroux was a conditioning fanatic, which is why he's still effective at 35.
He was much stronger than Frost,
Giroux was a conditioning freak who is still effective at 35, but didn't need to be brought back on another contract because he's not good anymore and too old for a rebuilding team. A rebuilding team that signed a face puncher for 4 years and traded 3 draft picks for one of the worst defencemen at playing defence in the leauge.

You got it, Champ.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

G was playing over 20 minutes a night in meaningful games. That's a lot for any forward.
Tippett is playing a lot of minutes, but it's more about force feeding him than winning games.

As usual, apples and oranges.

Giroux was a conditioning freak who is still effective at 35, but didn't need to be brought back on another contract because he's not good anymore and too old for a rebuilding team. A rebuilding team that signed a face puncher for 4 years and traded 3 draft picks for one of the worst defencemen at playing defence in the leauge.

You got it, Champ.
Wait, we wanted to WIN games? I thought we were tanking? :(

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
G was playing over 20 minutes a night in meaningful games. That's a lot for any forward.
Tippett is playing a lot of minutes, but it's more about force feeding him than winning games.

As usual, apples and oranges.

Wait, we wanted to WIN games? I thought we were tanking? :(
Oh? Playing the game where you pretend to be on both sides of the rebuild argument again?

Tell me then, do you think this team rebuilding last offseason? And if so, why did they trade 3 picks for a league worst defenceman?

Reactions: kudymen

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh? Playing the game where you pretend to be on both sides of the rebuild argument again?

Tell me then, do you think this team rebuilding last offseason? And if so, why did they trade 3 picks for a league worst defenceman?
I think Fletcher followed Scott's order to "aggressively reload."
This is the FO that still can't say the word "rebuild."

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lebruns whole thing on TK is speculation. He says he expects chuck to and it makes sense too... not "ive heard hes going to explore trading tk".

What he should be doing is packing up his shit and getting the f*** out of dodge before I kidnap his ass and drop him into shark-infested waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad