2022/23 Roster Thread XIV: Season's Beatings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
giphy.gif

This post will in no way shape or form age horribly.

Per my math there is a 71% chance that we will see a "well he fixed York" post

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
so we can miss Bedard by 1 pick... that would be so Flyerstypical..

then we wont even pick the best 2nd OA... Fletch will select some off the radar kid who will bust..
Maybe it’s wishful thinking but with the season going the way that it is, I can’t see Fletcher being in any position of power by the AS break. Someone else will be making that selection.

Reactions: BiggE

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Maybe it’s wishful thinking but with the season going the way that it is, I can’t see Fletcher being in any position of power by the AS break. Someone else will be making that selection.
but the outcome will be the same..

i have no faith until they truely purge the Org. that we wont just keep doing the same garbage moves with Briere as we have done under Flutch and so on....

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
but the outcome will be the same..

i have no faith until they truely purge the Org. that we wont just keep doing the same garbage moves with Briere as we have done under Flutch and so on....
I can’t see them doing a total purge. Right now I’d be satisfied with the F boys being gone and a new scouting crew brought in with a different philosophy. I’m willing to give Briere a chance. There has also been rumors that Timonen might want to get involved in some capacity. That would be worth a shot. The old guard d needs to go. The game has changed over the last fifty years.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I don’t think they can finish behind Chicago or Anaheim but I’m not giving up the dream. Realistically, I’m hoping for 30th overall.
outside of finishing last the odds dont change too dramatically. important to note that any team inside the bottom 6 has a better chance of moving back than picking at their spot or moving up.

then we wont even pick the best 2nd OA... Fletch will select some off the radar kid who will bust..
there is a pretty clear top 3 right now

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020

Or he might take michkov who wouldn't be able to come over til 2025 at the very earliest (even though I really like the kid)

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I just can’t imagine why you’d take Bellows off waivers when you know he’d be your 50th contract, especially with a dynamo like Anisimov waiting in the wings. The odds of Bellows busting looked pretty high. By himself, if a bottom roster wants to give him a shot, I’m not up in arms. But knowing you now have 50 contracts? I think he assumed the Islanders would just take him back lol. Whoopsies. Like most things with Chaz Flooper, he gets them done as quickly as possible to avoid the stomach aches of waiting and options.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I just can’t imagine why you’d take Bellows off waivers when you know he’d be your 50th contract, especially with a dynamo like Anisimov waiting in the wings. The odds of Bellows busting looked pretty high. By himself, if a bottom roster wants to give him a shot, I’m not up in arms. But knowing you now have 50 contracts? I think he assumed the Islanders would just take him back lol. Whoopsies. Like most things with Chaz Flooper, he gets them done as quickly as possible to avoid the stomach aches of waiting and options.

Tippett's career was hanging on the edge of a knife, and Bellows represents the absolute worst-case scenario of what he could become in terms of effectiveness.

Kinda weird how Fletcher gravitates towards that sort of outcome.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
4wQy.gif

left shark would make a better GM

Can we get "Primary colors" girl to replace fugazi Taryn while we're at it?

You're assuming Chuck knew that was the 50th contract. You're correct about his eagerness to make moves ASAP, but things like weighing options and making well thought out decisions, are really hard.

Last edited:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Taking Bellows was such a Chuckie thing to do. After all, the Isles are the club that he wants to emulate. Seriously, Bellows has nothing. Everything that he’s shown since being drafted fit his pre-selection analysis-has a shot but nothing else. IDK what Chuckie thought the Flyers could inject into him to make him more than he is. Just another lame Chuckie move that further ties the club into being a disaster.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tolvanen hasn't come close to living up to his post-draft expectations either.
I have no problem with Bellows, at worst he'll help LHV, 4 points in 4 games so far.
How often do these waiver wire 1st rd flogs turn it around?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Tippett's career was hanging on the edge of a knife, and Bellows represents the absolute worst-case scenario of what he could become in terms of effectiveness.

Kinda weird how Fletcher gravitates towards that sort of outcome.

The only thing about Tippett is he has Tools, specifically his skating, and his AHL production was substantially better as a younger player. But you're not going to see me disagreeing that Fletcher loves to operate using archetypes. There's absolutely zero nuance to how he evaluates players. Lineups to him are like recipes for pumpkin pie.

Can we get "Primary colors" girl to replace fugazi Taryn while we're at it?

I don't think Katy Perry is up to much, so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad