2022/23 Roster Thread XIV: Season's Beatings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost in HIS arbitrary last 20 games has a +5.8 relxGF%. Thank you for making that point for us. He has *checks math* 21 more points.

When you need to use arbitrary 20 game samples with no context for a 0 point player, on a fresh $25 million contract, traded for the value of a top 10 pick, with 611 other games of league bottom play, to explain how he's not actually the worst.......I feel like that's a moment for self-reflection.
Yes, b/c he's paired with a much better player in Chychrun. You gonna credit Seeler for Risto's imiprovement?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yes, b/c he's paired with a much better player in Chychrun. You gonna credit Seeler for Risto's imiprovement?

He drove play with AHL caliber Josh Brown too. Chychrun has played 11 games. You say much better but Chychrun has his flaws too (passing, too many point shots, creativity) — he’s actually quite similar to Good Provorov, funnily enough. Wild concept: 2 defenders help each other. Chychrun didn’t look so hot giving up that 2 on 0 though the other night.

This is pointless. I’m not the one raving about Risto’s chemistry with Provorov; I’m not the one who went out of the way to credit Risto for Sanheim’s numbers last year; and I’m not the one who refuses to acknowledge the cost of this historic 20 game sample. You’re the one who goes giddy over Seeler’s possession stats, so yes, by your logic I guess we can credit him. You can knock yourself out comparing Risto to Ghost or Jesus Christ; I made my point.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

In the last 20 games he's played 97 minutes with Brown. It's not all Chyrchun, in fact a significant chunk of it is without him. And it sure looks like he actually played a bit better with Brown per your own favorite metrics, who is much inferior to Chychrun, is he not?

You've gotta stop trying to weave narratives like this to defend Fletcher's failures. They fall apart with an ounce of scrutiny. It would be easier for you to just admit you were wrong about Ghost, Fletcher was wrong about Ghost, and he ate a big fat loss in dealing him at a loss to fit Ristolainen.

Edit: @Magua can you type slow next time

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Gostisbehere-Chychrun was made a pair 11 games ago. The peak came before the switch. Or in chart form:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214-185241_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214-185241_Chrome.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm waiting to see Brink play at 100%. Though he could use another summer with a skating coach.

I don't think Risto is great shakes, but he is playing decent, not worth his contract but not a black hole either.
Yes, Ghost is better than Risto, but I still see him as a sheltered 3rd pair, PP1 type.
Watching him the other night certainly didn't make me question that.

I think York will end up better than post-2017 Ghost, getting sent down never changed my opinion, b/c I don't expect 21 year old D-men who aren't uber-talents to immediately light up the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad