2022/23 Roster Thread XIV: Season's Beatings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Torts will fix Risto. Once you've lived a few hundred years like me, you learn patience. Y'all act like guys don't break out in their tenth season all the time. "Some old saying"
I still think it's possible they can "fix" Risto to some extent, not to where he's worth the assets and the contract, but where he's a serviceable D-man who won't be a 5 year anchor. He's actually playing decently paired with Seeler:
115 minutes, xGF 55.82%, HDCF% 66.58%, GF/GA 6/3.

Fletcher, like Hextall, will be history soon. The handwriting is on the wall, Comcast has to pivot to a rebuild just to market the team, and that means Fletcher has to be jettisoned.
Hextall did a good job trading for picks (basically Coburn/Kimmo), but mediocre job using those top picks, drafted better in the later rounds, but is that him or the scouts?
Fletcher did what he was told to do, didn't execute the strategy well, but it was the strategy (win now without enough talent) that was the fundamental problem.
Both overpaid for offense first forwards (JVR and Hayes), Hextall overpaid Jake , Fletcher overpaid Provorov and TDA.
[Farabee, TK and Sanheim are fine contracts, Couts was just bad luck]

It takes a village of idiots to sink a franchise.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I still think it's possible they can "fix" Risto to some extent, not to where he's worth the assets and the contract, but where he's a serviceable D-man who won't be a 5 year anchor. He's actually playing decently paired with Seeler:

Fletcher, like Hextall, will be history soon. The handwriting is on the wall, Comcast has to pivot to a rebuild just to market the team, and that means Fletcher has to be jettisoned.
Hextall did a good job trading for picks (basically Coburn/Kimmo), but mediocre job using those top picks, drafted better in the later rounds, but is that him or the scouts?
Fletcher did what he was told to do, didn't execute the strategy well, but it was the strategy (win now without enough talent) that was the fundamental problem.
Both overpaid for offense first forwards (JVR and Hayes), Hextall overpaid Jake , Fletcher overpaid Provorov and TDA.

Oh please, Fletcher did not "do what he was told". Get a grip dude.

The guy is clueless and just sucks at his job.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Is this fixable too?

1670628629661.png

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

Your patience is infinite, no doubt. Good job with the old saying. Flyers font office is that village.

Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You do have to see this from Torts viewpoint, he didn't make these moves, he's stuck with these players.

So he's not going to bury Risto, he's got to live with him, either make him serviceable for the Flyers or marketable at low cost.
He's not going to bury TDA, on a team that lacks offensive talent, it's worth the effort to try and salvage him.
He's not going to bury Hayes, b/c see TDA, and again, if you want to move him, his scoring 70+ points makes that a lot easier.

Braun has been solid but limited, as his age, you need to limit his minutes and he's gone at the TDL.
Seeler is an anchor in a certain sense, both Risto and TDA play better with him, you're not going to torture a rookie by pairing a kid with those two, are you?

MacEwen does set a tone, same with Deslauriers, they may not be long-run answers, but if you want to get the kids fired up, watching those two on the forecheck is a good start. Since the alternative is to rush the 20 year olds (Laczynski & Allison can't stay healthy and I think Lycksell may be dinged up), let them do their thing for now.

York is up, Zamula will be back, the only forward in LHV who should come up before spring is Lycksell.

Torts can afford to be patient, when the smoke clears, he's the one guy who's pretty much guaranteed to be standing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You don’t think Fletcher was told to get rid of our best players, add horrible players, ruin the cap situation, and turn a playoff bubble team on the rise into a bottom 3 team?
What best players? A washed up forward (Jake) headed to retirement, a center (Patrick) headed to retirement, a D-man in the AHL (Myers, Friedman), a 4RW (NAK) waived twice, a 3 pair D-man (Ghost) who's primary value is as a PP QB.

So you're talking G (market value in trade), Gudas and Hagg.

People talk as if the 2018-19 team was a good team Fletcher ruined. It was a mediocre team he made worse, the decay was inevitable, like a maggot, he just speed up the process.

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That Ross Joy guy made fun of Myrteus too on it. He actually did a pretty good voice impersonation of him. He made fun of him for trying to deny that Tortorella was forced onto Fletcher. :laugh:

Bundy was shitting on the Risto contract -- and I'm sure we know how he felt about acquiring him -- and then linked how bad it was to Sanheim's. I guess this as good as it gets in Flyers media land. :laugh:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
What best players? A washed up forward (Jake) headed to retirement, a center (Patrick) headed to retirement, a D-man in the AHL (Myers, Friedman), a 4RW (NAK) waived twice, a 3 pair D-man (Ghost) who's primary value is as a PP QB.

So you're talking G (market value in trade), Gudas and Hagg.

People talk as if the 2018-19 team was a good team Fletcher ruined. It was a mediocre team he made worse, the decay was inevitable, like a maggot, he just speed up the process.

Sped up the process while actively wasting assets(draft capital) and cap space.

The guy tried to make the team more competitive but turned it into a dumpster fire.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Listening to the pod now.

I do chuckle at the notion that Provorov is uncoachable.

Honestly? Anyone worth their salt would be after spending all of their early career for this shit organization. Ghost was right all along to just try to play his game.

Provorov likely would never have lived up to a true dynamic number 1 based on his own talent. I’ll laugh to watch the smear of how once again “it was the players fault” when he’s moved.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You do have to see this from Torts viewpoint, he didn't make these moves, he's stuck with these players.

So he's not going to bury Risto, he's got to live with him, either make him serviceable for the Flyers or marketable at low cost.
He's not going to bury TDA, on a team that lacks offensive talent, it's worth the effort to try and salvage him.
He's not going to bury Hayes, b/c see TDA, and again, if you want to move him, his scoring 70+ points makes that a lot easier.

Braun has been solid but limited, as his age, you need to limit his minutes and he's gone at the TDL.
Seeler is an anchor in a certain sense, both Risto and TDA play better with him, you're not going to torture a rookie by pairing a kid with those two, are you?

MacEwen does set a tone, same with Deslauriers, they may not be long-run answers, but if you want to get the kids fired up, watching those two on the forecheck is a good start. Since the alternative is to rush the 20 year olds (Laczynski & Allison can't stay healthy and I think Lycksell may be dinged up), let them do their thing for now.

York is up, Zamula will be back, the only forward in LHV who should come up before spring is Lycksell.

Torts can afford to be patient, when the smoke clears, he's the one guy who's pretty much guaranteed to be standing.

I thought he was running the show? That he was telling The Cronies what to do and they were dutifully listening?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
There's two types of people.

1) the ones who claim Frost is a disappointment, who only look at raw point production

2) the ones who actually understand the sport, see what he's individually doing on the ice, and understand the impact of usage/teammates/systems on a players production

fe98c46a2111187af66ddb8342ef53d5.png
and a 3rd group of people:

Dont watching the games, not one minute. But just from using your brain and your eyes with all the results this franchise has produced in the last years its easy to point with the finger on all coaches, development, and useless veterans when a young promising players struggles.

I bet my life that EVERY youngish player currently on this roster will be a good or very good player in the league for another team!

Hart, Farabee, Sanheim, Konecny would all be good top 6 player on a contender, Hart a starter on a contender

Frost would be a solid 3rd line center with good PP play. Maybe he can develop a little more. Iam not sure.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
It’s still absolutely hilarious to me that Fletcher had Ghost sitting right in front of him and he decides he’d rather go out and add Gus, Yandle, and DeAngelo.

:laugh:
Still a lot of people say Ghost is the same player like TDA!

They think the trade is bad because we lost the picks and got the same player back!
I´am laughing my ass of anytime i hear that. TDA is not the player Ghost is. Not offensively and not even close defensively!!

Ghost was a one man show in Overtime and PP when he has the back of the coach.

TDA hasnt shown that in my eyes. He is a solid playmaker and can score from time to time! Nothing compare with Ghost!

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
What the hell??????

I do a much better job than this.
In fairness EA's player values are pretty awful, lol. I traded TDA for 14th overall and Brisson at the draft, then packaged 8th and 14th overall with one of my THREE thirds to trade up for Fantilli.

Traded Hayes straight up for a 1st.

Risto and Deslauriers netted me two thirds each in separate deals.

Realized that the roster I downloaded didn't do the trick where they edit Ellis down to like a 50 overall, so I decided to cheat that and trade him for a 2nd and Gunler.

I was hoping it would be a challenge to rebuild the Flyers in the game but it just wound up being easy, lol.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In fairness EA's player values are pretty awful, lol. I traded TDA for 14th overall and Brisson at the draft, then packaged 8th and 14th overall with one of my THREE thirds to trade up for Fantilli.

Traded Hayes straight up for a 1st.

Risto and Deslauriers netted me two thirds each in separate deals.

Realized that the roster I downloaded didn't do the trick where they edit Ellis down to like a 50 overall, so I decided to cheat that and trade him for a 2nd and Gunler.

I was hoping it would be a challenge to rebuild the Flyers in the game but it just wound up being easy, lol.
Very first thing I did was trade Provorov for Ghost and Chychrun.

If you think I’m kidding…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad