2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The statement was they wanted to add Anisimov due to injuries, probably because they lack veteran centers for the young forwards.
He has helped Lycksell and Foerster in LHV, with Brooks injured, Marody moved to RW, and O"Reilly near the end, they lack centers.
Desnoyers is doing a good job but he's probably not the best choice to develop your top wing prospects right now.

Ideally, you'd want to give Frost some veteran wingers and maybe put Anisimov between Cates, Bellows, Tippett or Allison.

It's a balancing act right now, Hayes got moved to wing b/c they need his offense but his defense will take time to fix.
Laughton stays at wing b/c he's not a playmaker at center, and they don't have play making wingers (Brink will probably start in LHV come January, but he's probably not coming up until April).

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They have wanted Anisimov on the team since they brought him into camp. He got hurt and rehabbed with the Phantoms. Now that he's healthy they want him up. It's as simple as that. There's no grand thought process behind any of this. As with Chuck Fletcher the simplest thought process is usually the one that they're doing.

We have all predicted this once again. It's how the organization operates currently and how they have for years. Nothing has changed.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Imagine putting together a team with no cap space, no prospects, and no contract slots.

That’s just mystifyingly bad.
we-got-no-food-we-got-no-jobs-our-pets-5360295.png

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Imagine defending the Hayes contract for YEARS by constantly referencing how much this team needed centers, then trying to spin said team crying for centers moving Hayes to the wing.

Hayes' defense will never get fixed. He doesn't see the entire rink well enough.
If Hayes needs to fix his game he can do it on the Phantoms like all the 23 year old prospects the contrarians are too afraid to call up. Don't they always tell us the NHL isn't a development leauge?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Imagine defending the Hayes contract for YEARS by constantly referencing how much this team needed centers, then trying to spin said team crying for centers moving Hayes to the wing.

If Hayes needs to fix his game he can do it on the Phantoms like all the 23 year old prospects the contrarians are too afraid to call up.

Or blaming the currently ruined cap situation on contracts the team doesn't have.

It's gotta be near the end of the line for Fletcher Defenses when this is the best that can be mustered.

Reactions: pit and BiggE

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
That started with Hextall, contracts for G ($8.25), Voracek ($8.25), Ghost ($4.5) and JVR ($7) ate the cap space.

And those prospects? After TK, Sanheim, Provorov and Hart, Farabee is the only one to make an impact the last three seasons. That with 8 1st and 6 2nd rd picks and 3-5 years for them to arrive.

Like I said, Fletcher didn't start the fire (he did feed the bonfire of the vanities).

So you're saying Fletcher came into a house on fire and let the flames engulf him for 4 years without trying to put it out, but added to the fire?

Isn't it essential a GM put out fires?

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
front office burned the midnight oil trying to figure out how to clear that last slot I guess...nice to know they're willing to put in the work
I’m too lazy to check on the window for the Islanders to reclaim him.

Imagine if they don’t? Lol.

Edit: NYI can still reclaim him and assign him to the AHL if no one else claims him according to Charlie.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Anyone know why the Flyers play Toronto at 2pm on the 22nd? is that some Canddian holiday where they get the day off?

Serious answer now that I've bothered to see a calendar, could be that the 24th and 25th are both on the weekend and they get Thurs/Fri off for observance. So yeah probably Canadian holiday. No clue what US Federal observance is this year, as that tends to set the trend here.

Edit: Currently Fed observance is Monday 12/26, but don't be shocked if Friday gets added too.

Edit 2: Looks like Canadian observed dates for Christmas and Boxing Day are the 26th and 27th so I no longer know what's going on here

Reactions: BiggE and Curufinwe

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
About time. Holy f***. I don’t think I have ever seen a guy screw up a “second chance” by being so utterly useless in all aspects of the game. Also, lol at the Isles fans that came on here to tell us the Isles were making a huge mistake in losing him on waivers. It appears they knew exactly what they were doing.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
About time. Holy f***. I don’t think I have ever seen a guy screw up a “second chance” by being so utterly useless in all aspects of the game. Also, lol at the Isles fans that came on here to tell us the Isles were making a huge mistake in losing him on waivers. It appears they knew exactly what they were doing.
Every team knows what they’re doing except us. Ellis, bellows, risto, etc

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You just know Fletcher fully believes the "anything can happen if you just make the playoffs!" narrative so merely fighting for a spot is enough to trigger him to be a buyer. Never mind that those Cinderella stories always collapse, and then seem to collapse harder the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad