2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Source and all, but he's hinting at this happening sooner than later.

I don't know how I feel about this.

On the one hand, no more Fletcher. He's a complete buffoon.

On the other hand, Danny Briere. Love the player. Will I love the GM? Not so sure about that. Has a lot to prove and this is a critical point for the organization. Is he really the best person for the task?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

On the other hand, Danny Briere. Love the player. Will I love the GM? Not so sure about that. Has a lot to prove and this is a critical point for the organization. Is he really the best person for the task?
Until they get rid of Clarke and cronies and completely gut the entire org nothing matters

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

I feel the same. Loved Danny as a player, but I have little faith he'll make a difference as GM. He'll be getting hired by the same group that hired upChuck. It's just so annoying with this org, because you just know they aren't even going to interview anyone else.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Now, that's not strictly fair.

Flyers fans have been clamoring to get rid of him LONG before that.
On thus forum they have. The mouth breathers on Twitter and Facebook eat him up though. They were all convinced he was a good PKer because he wouod score shorthanded goals because he cheats out of the zone at every possible opportunity.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
For sure. :laugh:

Although retaining a million for the duration of the contract is not ideal. Probably easier to take back a contract. The people at the top aren't fond of the Girard types though.

The way I see it actually just balances the cap over the duration of the Hayes contract. So it’s like paying Girard that extra $1m for those years,

I figured that might be the case, especially with some other similar style/size defenseman in the wings.

As in Samuel Girard?

Why do you hate the avalanche?

Yeah Samuel Girard. It’s a bit of a self loathing ya know?

Is Hayes not a 2C? He would fill a huge hole in the Avs roster and is reasonably priced if there’s retention.

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The way I see it actually just balances the cap over the duration of the Hayes contract. So it’s like paying Girard that extra $1m for those years,
Yeah but tying up a retention slot for $1 million over 3+ years is a poor use of that resource. Especially when this team should be selling off spare parts at the deadline and should be using up their retention slots.

I figured that might be the case, especially with some other similar style/size defenseman in the wings.
We’re talking about an organization that openly admitted they were not scouting undersized defensemen in the past two drafts.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Is Hayes not a 2C? He would fill a huge hole in the Avs roster and is reasonably priced if there’s retention.

More of a 3C/2C tweener. 3C on a good team; if he's a full time 2C, you probably aren't good. He also has shown a tendency to be so selfish/slow with puck distribution that while his own numbers will look good, he depresses the overall production of everyone else on the ice with him. And it's not like he's producing so much that he truly offsets that dip around him.

He is the most annoying player I've had to watch, I think. And the Flybags have inflicted some brutal players on us.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

All the other slop will remain. Fletcher might even remain as president, until that changes who the GM is doesn't really matter.

Reactions: BiggE and renberg

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

Currently playing 3W because he's pretty much dog shit at everything except scoring hollow points. You can have him foe free if you want.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
All the other slop will remain. Fletcher might even remain as president, until that changes who the GM is doesn't really matter.
Absolutely right. Flahr has to go. A real coach that can develop young players needs to be installed at LHV. The scouting bunch needs to be completely reevaluated and some replaced. It’s a complete restructure that is required here. I’m not against Briere as the GM. Need to start somewhere with someone.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

I think there is a non-zero chance that Briere is just doing what he has to do to stay in their graces as a target replacement, and that he actually has a brain of his own in which he could use to make good decisions instead of bad ones.

Even though it will help, real meaningful change will require more than just swapping out Fletcher for Briere.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I think there is a non-zero chance that Briere is just doing what he has to do to stay in their graces as a target replacement, and that he actually has a brain of his own in which he could use to make good decisions instead of bad ones.

Even though it will help, real meaningful change will require more than just swapping out Fletcher for Briere.
I've held the same thought/hope...call it what you want.

I think having a new GM that can think with today's modern NHL and also keep the advisors happy is realistically one way how this team gets out from no-man's land they are currently in. Now, I don't know how 'happy' you have to keep the advisors -- Do you just allow alumni entry into the locker rooms? Do you let them give you suggestions on player evaluations? Do you throw them a bone and sign a guy like ND as the 13/14th forward and dress him 15-20 games? I don't know if this does it, but these are things that you can work around. You can't work around signing Risto to a 5 year deal, or signing ND to a 4 year deal. Those are non starters, but I have a feeling that Chuck actually signed those guys because he liked them, not because he was told to.

But getting back to the main point, you can fake your way around throwing advisors a bone for a fair amount of time...And is Briere the guy who can do that? Does he have the balls to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad