2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Can Hayes’ play make his contract tradable?
Hopefully his 12 team list has a rash of injuries at center.
I am sure there will be the usual characters he sucks, flyers suck, stupid signing, they should have given Ghost 7MM but could he play himself into a trade asset with his contract?
Nobody is going to want to take on a nearly 31 year old center that is too poor defensively to play center on this team, who has never scored at more then a middle 6 rate, who is making 7.1 million for 3 seasons after this one because of a small sample size of PPG scoring.

Nobody is taking on the Flyers slop to help them out. Thats even if he keeps up this pace of scoring which seems doubtful, and if his scoring does fall off Torts is almost certain to give him a benching or two which will further diminish his value.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Holy hyperbole!
Hayes certainly does hold some value amongst the league. He is producing well when healthy and can play all forward positions, special teams usage as well.
He is overpaid by a M or two but one can retain. And don't forget Kevdog's bro-network, I imagine he is well liked by many former teammates.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Holy hyperbole!
Hayes certainly does hold some value amongst the league. He is producing well when healthy and can play all forward positions, special teams usage as well.
He is overpaid by a M or two but one can retain. And don't forget Kevdog's bro-network, I imagine he is well liked by many former teammates.
Kevin Hayes, so good that Flyers fans are clamoring to get rid of him the second he has produced at more then his regular middle 6 rate. Hoping that the league executives will be tricked into thinking he is better then he is.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Kevin Hayes, so good that Flyers fans are clamoring to get rid of him the second he has produced at more then his regular middle 6 rate. Hoping that the league executives will be tricked into thinking he is better then he is.
As he was forced to play wing because he's so lazy and poor defensively and way down the lineup.

Way to project that you have belief in your player and not tank his "value" for the world to see.

This organization projects every single thing that they do so obviously. This has happened countless times in the past.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Now, that's not strictly fair.

Flyers fans have been clamoring to get rid of him LONG before that.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Giroux certainly made a big jump when he moved to wing, of course he had Couts at center. :sarcasm:

Hayes flashed this scoring the previous two years when he was 100%, the first couple months of 2020-21 and the last couple months of 21-22 he scored at close to a PPG rate. And he's doing it again. He's a legitimate top 6 offensive forward, similar to JVR, big, good hands, not especially physical, not the most consistent on defense.

The "Torts effect" also means some GM thinks he can rescue Hayes from the doghouse - the league knows that not every player is a good fit with this HC - and for a team that plays a more deliberate game or that needs offense and has the players to shelter Hayes, he'll have real value.

It's also possible that Hayes is just a better fit on wing where there's less skating and more limited defensive responsibilities.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
As he was forced to play wing because he's so lazy and poor defensively and way down the lineup.

Way to project that you have belief in your player and not tank his "value" for the world to see.

This organization projects every single thing that they do so obviously. This has happened countless times in the past.

Teams are calling about Frost because everyone can plainly see the team hates him so they know they can rip Fletcher off.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Giroux certainly made a big jump when he moved to wing, of course he had Couts at center. :sarcasm:

Made a big jump? Giroux had been great playing 1C prior to moving to wing.

Having one offensive line for the majority of his tenure doesn't make him any less of a player. In fact, it's a testimony to the crappy management he had to endure during his time in Philly. No depth. Nothing built around him to support an actual star of the league.

But you do you, dude.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost is 3rd in minutes at ES the last five games despite a mediocre performance.
Like everyone, he gets his shots, hasn't done much with them yet.
Maybe he's just not that good?

Doubt they trade him other than in a package for a good young center.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Frost is 3rd in minutes at ES the last five games despite a mediocre performance.
Like everyone, he gets his shots, hasn't done much with them yet.
Maybe he's just not that good?

Doubt they trade him other than in a package for a good young center.

Please consult @VladDrag 's post in the PGT to find your nonsense already shot down

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
So from what I have heard we will be getting everyone back other than Coots and Ellis in the next 10 days or so . Laughton came back and Jackson Cates went down .
Atkinson comes back I imagine Willman goes down .
TK comes back who goes down ????
Allison comes back who goes down ????
JVR comes back who goes down ????

My guess is when TK comes back Laczynski goes down cause he is waiver exempt , Allison comes back he will be sent down cause he is waiver exempt and when JVR comes back Bellows is put on waivers , Brown will be the 13th forward

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
I know Hayes is hated here, but I do think he can be moved. Risto on the other hand…. All that said, I doubt much happens soon with what I think is a lame duck GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad