2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Interesting that Hayes is moved to wing, Torts is really running a full-time audition.
Sedlak earned a shot at playing up in the lineup, of course he's no more a 2C than Frost is a 1C, but he has played well.
Cates is in the role he should be, as the center of a defensive oriented "energy" line.
Poor Laczynski, gets to play center but has to drag Willman and Brown around.

This all changes by January with everyone back, and now it looks like Atkinson as well.
But I can't see how Hayes can stay at wing without better centers, I don't think Sedlak will last in the top 6.

JVR - Hayes - Atkinson
Bellows - Frost - Tippett
Farabee - Cates - TK
Deslauriers - Sedlak - Laczynski/Allison
It's poor Laczynski when he has to drag Willman and Brown around, but it's Frost sucks and he's been given enough of a chance when he has to drag them around. Got it

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
The best way I would describe Tortorella's messaging is: up and down like a toilet seat. I watched the interview too, including what he said about Zamula, and on its own, it sounded like really reasonable stuff. It's not unfair, not overly negative, he doesn't come across as a hard ass. Until he does, with usage or double standards. As usual, I think he understands issues but struggles to actualize solutions. Plus, he's got this weird shtick with the Flyers where he's Grandpa John teaching lessons, then suddenly he's the usual fiery curmudgeon.
I feel if everyone on this board digs deep, tries hard, posts "the right way", and plays like a team, we could get a lot of traction out of this toilet seat thing.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Don't worry everybody. Braun and Seeler will not block any young guys. We were told.
At least they are getting us some wins…. Oh wait.
Well if we are gonna lose, at least our prospects are getting experience in the nhl…. Oh wait
At least we’re clearing cap space and accumulating draft picks to build for the future…. Oh wait
What are we doing here?

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Developing!! Thats what i heard lol
Wait, I know! We’re changing the culture!

From an underachieving bunch likable players with lousy coaches to a cesspool of corporate money grubbers giving golden parachutes to self indulgent obsolete brown nosers

Reactions: mize370

Rebel247

Mar 19, 2022
Can Hayes’ play make his contract tradable?
Hopefully his 12 team list has a rash of injuries at center.
I am sure there will be the usual characters he sucks, flyers suck, stupid signing, they should have given Ghost 7MM but could he play himself into a trade asset with his contract?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, Islanders have intimidated the Flyers for years, that fourth line is the most physical, but also the dirtiest group in the NHL.
Flyers came out and made a statement to start the game, you're not pushing us around on our home ice.
And guess what, they didn't.

Reactions: Fotiu29

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Meh, Islanders have intimidated the Flyers for years, that fourth line is the most physical, but also the dirtiest group in the NHL.
Flyers came out and made a statement to start the game, you're not pushing us around on our home ice.
And guess what, they didn't.

They lost both fights and the game was played as normal. What a statement, truly. I guess Bellows didn't get run over after all, right? Oh nah, that did happen. Islanders weren't scared at all. They didn't give a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad