2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seeler wasn't expected to play this well, that's why he's on a two way deal next season.
Braun and Seeler were just insurance against injury and if the kids struggled. Which York did, and Attard clearly wasn't ready.
Good chance both are dealt at the TDL, if Hagg had buyers . . .

Deslauriers has actually played well, he's as advertised, a good forechecker, and is used properly, 8-10 minutes a game as the 4LW, not his fault injuries has forced him up the lineup, he is better than Willman. Forget the fighting, he sets the tone with the physical forecheck, but his limited PT tells you Torts has no illusions about his skill level.

I think TDA was a gamble on his upside, back in Philly, a lot of incentive to do well, he is one of the few offensively skilled players on the team along with Hayes, Farabee and TK. That's about it. The rest??? If he improved and kept his nose clean, a potential extension, if not, TDL trade bait next year (if he stayed out of trouble, some team would gamble on him).

Maybe not the best moves, but nothing that impacts a rebuild other the the picks for TDA.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Seeler wasn't expected to play this well, that's why he's on a two way deal next season.
Braun and Seeler were just insurance against injury and if the kids struggled. Which York did, and Attard clearly wasn't ready.
Good chance both are dealt at the TDL, if Hagg had buyers . . .

Deslauriers has actually played well, he's as advertised, a good forechecker, and is used properly, 8-10 minutes a game as the 4LW, not his fault injuries has forced him up the lineup, he is better than Willman. Forget the fighting, he sets the tone with the physical forecheck, but his limited PT tells you Torts has no illusions about his skill level.

I think TDA was a gamble on his upside, back in Philly, a lot of incentive to do well, he is one of the few offensively skilled players on the team along with Hayes, Farabee and TK. That's about it. The rest??? If he improved and kept his nose clean, a potential extension, if not, TDL trade bait next year (if he stayed out of trouble, some team would gamble on him).

Maybe not the best moves, but nothing that impacts a rebuild other the the picks for TDA.

Braun and Seeler aren't insurance. They were intended as roster mainstays from the moment they signed, and that's what they are. This was easily predictable. You insisted it wouldn't happen, and it did.

Those other two moves merely debunk your narrative of the team starting a rebuild because Tortorella commanded them to

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
joV1k1sNOT5xC.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, I love the idea of Braun and Seeler being solid. Relative to what, exactly? Even on a trash team someone has to score eventually. Doesn't mean they're necessarily good.

We similarly get all this gushing about Tippett and Sedlak. They're bottom six players, if that, on a good team. Potentially they don't even make their rosters.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Hey, you guys know how stuff like the TDA trade is depicted as being a move made prior to the Flyers Renaissance ordered by Tortorella after he was hired and told Fletcher how to do his job by mandating a rebuild?

Here's a reminder that pick-burning win-now move was made almost a month after Tortorella was hired.
1hMk0bfsSrG32Nhd5K.gif

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I'm normally not a Seravelli fan, but he hit it on the head with this.
I don’t think they lost their soul and need to sell per se. they just need to evolve. They’re trying to repackage this effort/grit/heart/broad st bullies thing right now acting like it is going to make people care. Trying to manufacture soul. Just get good players and the soul will come.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Need to lose as many games as possible right now. Atkinson looks like he’s going to join soon and around mid-late December we will probably get back jvr, Laughton, and tk === meaningless wins coming after that. We still are going to suck but we need to be bottom 5. Just typical flyers to not get a high pick in a crazy good drsft but get a top 5 and draft gauthier smfh

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
this was actualy worth listening to..

This is legitimately hilarious. When Frank is just laying out how hopeless the future is in crushing detail and the hosts are just mumbling into their mics looking so uncomfortable. So God damn funny.

Yeah, I love the idea of Braun and Seeler being solid. Relative to what, exactly?
Liquids and gasses.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Can Bellows go on waivers already? Probably won't be claimed, but they might just find another sucker out there.

I'm not gonna say I thought we found a "gem" when we claimed him, but I thought he would at least be an upgrade to what we had....yeah I was wrong

This is legitimately hilarious. When Frank is just laying out how hopeless the future is in crushing detail and the hosts are just mumbling into their mics looking so uncomfortable. So God damn funny.

Liquids and gasses.

I didn't think they looked uncomfortable at all to be fair

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don’t think they lost their soul and need to sell per se. they just need to evolve. They’re trying to repackage this effort/grit/heart/broad st bullies thing right now acting like it is going to make people care. Trying to manufacture soul. Just get good players and the soul will come.
I don't think this has anything to do with repackaging, this is how Torts has coached at every stop.

And the idea he doesn't like skill, St. Louis became a star under him, Atkinson had his best seasons and loves him, TK was having a breakout year before he was injured - his style of play is conducive to fast, skilled players - he just demands they play hard off the puck (not physical, but responsible on defense).

The "playing hard" mantra works for the less skilled forwards with speed who are willing to play physical, MacEwen is producing b/c he can now use that energy effectively on an aggressive forecheck. He's letting Tippett learn through his mistakes b/c Tippett's speed and willingness to use his strength has made things happen. Willman should shine in this scheme, but some players just don't have it. And a number of forwards lack the speed for the aggressive forecheck or the skill for the "half court" game.

Gauthier and Desnoyers should be good fits, not sure Wisdom has the jets to be more than a 4th liner, Foerster seems to be improving his skating, his skill will compensate.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Read the first few, then the last few pages of this string, seems HC angst is universal:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad