2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
4FL0VrHM90UwMBBSe2.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I was listening to his recent podcast but ASF seems to think Hayes isn’t going to be here much longer (it sounds like he thinks Hayes gets moved in the off-season). He seemed to allude to a growing riff between Hayes & Tortorella. He said it would probably be another deal where the Flyers have to attach draft capital to move the contract. He made it sound like Hayes isn’t highly thought of in the organization anymore on & off the ice. So even beyond cap savings they just want him out of here.

It will be particularly demanding for forward Kevin Hayes, who Tortorella singled out during his very first media availability as Flyers head coach as a player he thinks can take a significant step forward.

“I want to try to help him,” Tortorella said of Hayes in June. “Because if I can help him and make him understand that we’re gonna try to get him to another level, what does he do for the Flyers organization up the middle of the ice? I’ve watched him from afar, and there’s more there. And it’s my responsibility to try to get that out of him.”

AnxiousWhiteGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

I don't know how much of that is true, but if even ONE thing is true, it's a f***ing hoot. As usual, this organization flip flops every 3 months, with the consistency of a politician and the visionary planning of Zack Snyder's DC Extended Universe. Only Torts can make Hayes turn Super Saiyan; Torts cannot make Hayes turn Super Saiyan. Hayes is a core piece; Hayes is not a core piece, must trade. Hayes is a leader and the locker room must be built around his friends; Hayes is not a leader. Hayes is a $50 mil center filling a position of dire need; Hayes is not a center.

While I was told other teams would bust down the doors to get at Kevin Hayes, you cannot trade him with assets out. Also, he has a wondrous 12 team NTC. But a trade to what end? To test insanity on the mediocre UFA market again? They made their bed; now their tank commander must lie in it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Huh? They signed Hayes b/c Holmgren (or Clarke, who cares which senile advisor) gave Fletcher a win now mandate and Patrick was damaged goods. If it wasn't Hayes, it would have been Duchene and the same gripping (3 more years at $8M! age 33-35). The mistake was not rebuilding when they found out Patrick was a mistake.

If Hayes keeps scoring, there will be a taker, he has 19 points in 20 games, including 12 ES points on a team without a real top 6 center. And given Torts' reputation, some GM will take a chance on salvaging Hayes, especially as a scoring winger.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I don't know how much of that is true, but if even ONE thing is true, it's a f***ing hoot. As usual, this organization flip flops every 3 months, with the consistency of a politician and the visionary planning of Zack Snyder's DC Extended Universe. Only Torts can make Hayes turn Super Saiyan; Torts cannot make Hayes turn Super Saiyan. Hayes is a core piece; Hayes is not a core piece, must trade. Hayes is a leader and the locker room must be built around his friends; Hayes is not a leader. Hayes is a $50 mil center filling a position of dire need; Hayes is not a center.

While I was told other teams would bust down the doors to get at Kevin Hayes, you cannot trade him with assets out. Also, he has a wondrous 12 team NTC. But a trade to what end? To test insanity on the mediocre UFA market again? They made their bed; now their tank commander must lie in it.

I'm sure this is maximizing his trade value

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Huh? They signed Hayes b/c Holmgren (or Clarke, who cares which senile advisor) gave Fletcher a win now mandate and Patrick was damaged goods. If it wasn't Hayes, it would have been Duchene and the same gripping (3 more years at $8M! age 33-35). The mistake was not rebuilding when they found out Patrick was a mistake.

If Hayes keeps scoring, there will be a taker, he has 19 points in 20 games, including 12 ES points on a team without a real top 6 center. And given Torts' reputation, some GM will take a chance on salvaging Hayes, especially as a scoring winger.

Being given a mandate to win does not excuse poor moves. In fact, it makes bad moves even less excusable since winning becomes harder.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

So you're saying that the GM and president is being told how to run operations by two senior advisors, especially when said GM and president could fire them if he wanted to. I'm calling bullshit on that one. If Fletcher had a set of testicles, he could have very readily put those two in place. Don't think for one second that Schmuck isn't in agreement with them on how the team is to be built or how operations should be run. He's JUST as complicit as those two are.

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE

Hey, stop picking on our Scott Gomez!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
My wife gave me a mandate to win now, so I invested my life savings in FTX.

(I clearly don't have a wife, investments in FTX, or even life savings.)
Some people did.

So you're saying that the GM and president is being told how to run operations by two senior advisors, especially when said GM and president could fire them if he wanted to. I'm calling bullshit on that one. If Fletcher had a set of testicles, he could have very readily put those two in place. Don't think for one second that Schmuck isn't in agreement with them on how the team is to be built or how operations should be run. He's JUST as complicit as those two are.
Holmgren was the VP who hired Fletcher, at supposedly Clarke's behalf.
So Fletcher was hired to "win now" and keep those advisors in the loop.
He was not hired to unilaterally make his own decisions, they had already fired a GM for doing that.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
A scoring winger?

Hahahahahahahaha.

P.S. Duchene wasn’t the only other option.
GIROUX

Being given a mandate to win does not excuse poor moves. In fact, it makes bad moves even less excusable since winning becomes harder.
“What do you mean I shouldn’t have spent $100 on salt and nothing else? I was given a ‘Go get dinner’ mandate!”

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Lowest scoring team in the league. Surprising from the GM that talks endlessly about preventing goals and never about generating them.

View attachment 612977
Got home tonight and turned the game on at the start of the 3rd. My TV has been glitching lately, something with the aspect ratio, so for a week or so I haven't been able to see scores or clock while watching sports.

Kitten (the Old Lady) asks me if I know who's winning. I said, " No, but I'm pretty sure they just said Pittsburgh has 4. So, I'd bet on them, since we're good for 2 a game on a good night."

Great effort though

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Got home tonight and turned the game on at the start of the 3rd. My TV has been glitching lately, something with the aspect ratio, so for a week or so I haven't been able to see scores or clock while watching sports.

Kitten (the Old Lady) asks me if I know who's winning. I said, " No, but I'm pretty sure they just said Pittsburgh has 4. So, I'd bet on them, since we're good for 2 a game on a good night."

Great effort though
Remember that this season doesn't count. This is so about finding players that can fit in this f***ing archaic system that relies on 'grit' and 'guts' and talent and skill are dirty words.

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Maybe if all these overhyped prospects were bringing it like MacEwen is, a Fletcher acquisition I might add, they’d be higher.
Kids these day, I'll tell ya. Oh wait, ZMac is still a kid, no? My B.
Remember that this season doesn't count. This is so about finding players that can fit in this f***ing archaic system that relies on 'grit' and 'guts' and talent and skill are dirty words.
I think they have found them.

Reactions: BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad