2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
10 games:

Sedlak CF 60.07%, xGF 69.78
TK CF 58.25%, xGF 56.33 (8g)
Bellows CF 51.78%, xGF 54.90% (5g)
Laczynski CF 52.54%, xGF 52.95% (7g)
Laughton CF 52.34%, xGF 52.81% (8g)
MacEwen CF 52.81%, xGF 51.49%
Deslauriers CF 51.30%, xGF 51.33%
N Cates CF.52.60%, xGF 50.67%

Frost CF 46.60%, xGF 44.18% xGF/xGA 2.05/2.59
Farabee CF 43.33%, xGF 44.06% xGF/xGA 2.45/3.11
Tippett CF 46.92%, xGF 43.28% xGF/xGA 2.28/2.99
Hayes CF 49.58%, xGF 42.13% xGF/xGA 2.52/3.46

Seeler CF 60.65%, xGF 58.29%
Braun CF 51.17%, xGF 56.616%
Risto CF 45.42%, xGF 52.46%
Sanheim CF 49.78%, xGF 50.64%
Provorov CF 49.70%, xGF 41.08%
TDA CF 51.03%, xGF 40.89%

I'd put J Cates with N Cates and MacEwen
Farabee - Frost - Laczynski
Hayes - Brown - Tippett
Deslauriers - Sedlak - Bellows
and play the iines close to equal time, the Sedlak line deserves more minutes for one thing.

Provorov - TDA are not being overwhelmed, just too many mistakes leading to scoring chances.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
10 games:

Sedlak CF 60.07%, xGF 69.78
TK CF 58.25%, xGF 56.33 (8g)
Bellows CF 51.78%, xGF 54.90% (5g)
Laczynski CF 52.54%, xGF 52.95% (7g)
Laughton CF 52.34%, xGF 52.81% (8g)
MacEwen CF 52.81%, xGF 51.49%
Deslauriers CF 51.30%, xGF 51.33%
N Cates CF.52.60%, xGF 50.67%

Frost CF 46.60%, xGF 44.18% xGF/xGA 2.05/2.59
Farabee CF 43.33%, xGF 44.06% xGF/xGA 2.45/3.11
Tippett CF 46.92%, xGF 43.28% xGF/xGA 2.28/2.99
Hayes CF 49.58%, xGF 42.13% xGF/xGA 2.52/3.46

Seeler CF 60.65%, xGF 58.29%
Braun CF 51.17%, xGF 56.616%
Risto CF 45.42%, xGF 52.46%
Sanheim CF 49.78%, xGF 50.64%
Provorov CF 49.70%, xGF 41.08%
TDA CF 51.03%, xGF 40.89%

I'd put J Cates with N Cates and MacEwen
Farabee - Frost - Laczynski
Hayes - Brown - Tippett
Deslauriers - Sedlak - Bellows
and play the iines close to equal time, the Sedlak line deserves more minutes for one thing.

Provorov - TDA are not being overwhelmed, just too many mistakes leading to scoring chances.
There’s really not much that Torts can do with this present roster. The defense and goal tending are ok. The offense is not there. Basically a bunch of forwards that belong up the road about seventy miles or so.

Reactions: captainpaxil

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lot's of teams have players like Hayes, good offense players who are a bit deficient otherwise, heck, we've had JVR for years.
However, they're usually the 7th forward in TOI even if they're in the top 4 or 5 in scoring.

Seeler and Sedlak are both 29 and having career years, playing at a high level.
We're not talking Lehtera or Thompson here.
If they keep it up they will have a TDL market, though I'd keep Sedlak and extend him unless someone makes an offer I can't refuse, b/c he's a good bottom six anchor on a team that will be auditioning lots of forward prospects.

MacEwen has earned a spot going forward, of course he's playing too high in the lineup, every one is, but he's playing as well as NAK ever did, and his motor only has one speed. Kind of guy you want on a bottom six "energy" line.

Bellows has earned a longer look, the Deslauriers - Sedlak - Bellows line is playing way above expectations, and deserves more TOI.

I'm going to withhold judgment on the D-men for a while, after reading Thompson's comments, it may take a while for the defensemen to adjust to a bigger role on offense, and for forwards to make covering for D-men second nature. But it's a scheme that plays to the strengths of most of the defensive prospects not named Ginning, smart, mobile D-men who can make plays in the O-zone.

Not sure what the problem with Farabee is this year, he's scoring at a high rate, but leaking scoring chances as well - it may be with the lack of offense he's taking too many chances, or he's just not 100% yet coming off surgery. Same with Tippett recently, for all we know Torts has encouraged aggression, figuring first develop them as offensive players then get them to clean up mistakes.

I don't buy that Frost's offense is hurt by asking him to play better off the puck, when you don't have the puck, it does take energy to play defense, but it also helps your offense by getting the puck back. From what I've seen, he's just a half of a second "off," he makes plays but doesn't finish them consistently. Some of this may be linemates, but I think he lacks "it," he's better on the PP where he has more space and time, but 5x5 he just doesn't make things happen. That's the toughest thing adjusting to the NHL, smaller windows. The great offensive players make plays in small areas, they're agile, have great hands and vision. That ain't Frost. His future may be on an energy line with speed, that makes plays off turnovers leading to odd man rushes, not threading the needle in crowds.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
There is ample blame to go around. Hextall’s philosophy of holding on to all draft picks is the wise and correct one. However, a good GM has to make the right decisions with these draft choices. Hextall failed in each of his first four drafts:

2014: Drafted Travis Sanheim over star right wing David Pastrnak, whom Boston grabbed eight selections later.

2015: Drafted Ivan Provorov over all-star defenseman Zach Werenski, star winger Mikko Rantanen, playmaking center Mathew Barzal, and top pairing defenseman Thomas Chabot,

2016: Traded down to draft German Rubtsov when blossoming center Tage Thompson was available four picks later. Norris Trophy winner Adam Fox was also available when he selected Carter Hart, a good but certainly not the same value as a Norris Trophy caliber defenseman.

2017: We all know what a disaster this draft was. Lucked out on winning the second position in the draft, and selected his hometown Brandon boy Nolan Patrick who was already injury-prone, when his scouts wanted generational defenseman Cale Makar; also available were Norris Trophy-level defenseman Miro Heiskanen, and center Elias Petterson.

What would the dynamics of this team look like had they drafted just one or two of these players over the ones they did draft? How would their transition look with Makar continually driving the play up the ice at 5v5, and on PP1? These draft omissions are unforgivable, and THAT is on Hextall.
captain hindsight!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I was listening to his recent podcast but ASF seems to think Hayes isn’t going to be here much longer (it sounds like he thinks Hayes gets moved in the off-season). He seemed to allude to a growing riff between Hayes & Tortorella. He said it would probably be another deal where the Flyers have to attach draft capital to move the contract. He made it sound like Hayes isn’t highly thought of in the organization anymore on & off the ice. So even beyond cap savings they just want him out of here.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I was listening to his recent podcast but ASF seems to think Hayes isn’t going to be here much longer (it sounds like he thinks Hayes gets moved in the off-season). He seemed to allude to a growing riff between Hayes & Tortorella. He said it would probably be another deal where the Flyers have to attach draft capital to move the contract. He made it sound like Hayes isn’t highly thought of in the organization anymore on & off the ice. So even beyond cap savings they just want him out of here.
To be fair to Hayes, he doesn't fit what Torts wants to do, and doesn't have the linemates that fit him.
If he keeps scoring, he won't be hard to move with a rising cap,and he'd probably be more effective on a team that plays a more deliberate style that doesn't expose his skating limitations.

Take a contract or two for some bottom six forechecker types who are overpaid but might fit here, maybe retain some money.

Reactions: captainpaxil

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

I’m not one to notice a lack of engagement or effort unless it’s blatantly egregious and obvious. It’s so obvious with Hayes. He doesn’t give a shit.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So much for him being GM/captain.

I remember listening to a few Flyers podcasts with people connected to the team (not the Di Marco’s of the world) but I think a few of them alluded to people within the organization being pissed off that Yandle said on the Chicklets Podcast that last year was the most fun he’s ever had. I do wonder if the Flyers are just getting tired of Hayes’ frat boy mentality. Don’t get me wrong there’s legitimate hockey reasons for wanting him out of here if you can. But obviously when you’re losing people find reasons to sour on someone whether legit or not.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I remember listening to a few Flyers podcasts with people connected to the team (not the Di Marco’s of the world) but I think a few of them alluded to people within the organization being pissed off that Yandle said on the Chicklets Podcast that last year was the most fun he’s ever had. I do wonder if the Flyers are just getting tired of Hayes’ frat boy mentality. Don’t get me wrong there’s legitimate hockey reasons for wanting him out of here if you can. But obviously when you’re losing people find reasons to sour on someone whether legit or not.

And this management group is always desperate to find a way to blame players for everything they themselves have done wrong

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
of course it was fun.. he had a roster spot to basicly just coast along all season..

#sameasiteverwas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad