2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Drinking an ultra right now...but I also spent 15 bucks on an uncanny valley 4 pack so it evens out.
God bless you, dude. I don't know how you do that. Back when Sierra Nevada and Flying Fish were some of the few alternatives to domestics I made the switch and never looked back. I struggle to drink domestics these days.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
God bless you, dude. I don't know how you do that. Back when Sierra Nevada and Flying Fish were some of the few alternatives to domestics I made the switch and never looked back. I struggle to drink domestics these days.
I love craft beers, but I also don’t mind an ultra once in a while… the only reason I have ultras in my house right now is due to the fact that my dad is coming over tomorrow for thanksgiving and that’s all he drinks.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Drinking an ultra right now...but I also spent 15 bucks on an uncanny valley 4 pack so it evens out.

Burlington makes such good stuff. I wanted to stop in when the wife and I were up there but I had to pick and choose my breweries ( she couldn't drink because pregnant, so had little patience for long brewery stops).

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I love craft beers, but I also don’t mind an ultra once in a while… the only reason I have ultras in my house right now is due to the fact that my dad is coming over tomorrow for thanksgiving and that’s all he drinks.
I gotcha. A couple friends and I occasionally crack some Busch Lite in remeberence of our buddy who passed this year. Speaking of, shout out to Butch. Huge Flyers fan from the 80's till 2022.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I personally can't do ultras. They legit give me the worst headaches if I have more than like two. I will begrudgingly drink Miller if it have to, but the other two are purely off limits these days.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I personally can't do ultras. They legit give me the worst headaches if I have more than like two. I will begrudgingly drink Miller if it have to, but the other two are purely off limits these days.
Ultras are the only light beers I can drink. Maybe a coors, but can’t do bud or millers. They hurt my stomach upon first sip.

Burlington makes such good stuff. I wanted to stop in when the wife and I were up there but I had to pick and choose my breweries ( she couldn't drink because pregnant, so had little patience for long brewery stops).
My first got at them. My in-laws were up there during the summer and my father in law recommended the brand. I love a good NE IPA, so looking forward to it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ultras are the only light beers I can drink. Maybe a coors, but can’t do bud or millers. They hurt my stomach upon first sip.

My first got at them. My in-laws were up there during the summer and my father in law recommended the brand. I love a good NE IPA, so looking forward to it.

If there's a place to get some good ones, burlibgton (city) has a few in short walking distance. Also a very good food scene, believe it or not. I'd recommend a weekend getaway to anyone who was interested.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
If there's a place to get some good ones, burlibgton (city) has a few in short walking distance. Also a very good food scene, believe it or not. I'd recommend a weekend getaway to anyone who was interested.
Yeah. My father in law is a classically trained french chef, so that's one of the reasons they went there.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Since we're all here, please bask in the beauty of my cascade and centennial IPA. Modeled after one of my first loves, Sierra Nevadas Celebration.

I wasn't sure how much I'd feel like going out once the baby comes, so I felt the need to make 5 gallons of my own.
20221123_194557.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Since we're all here, please bask in the beauty of my cascade and centennial IPA. Modeled after one of my first loves, Sierra Nevadas Celebration.

I wasn't sure how much I'd feel like going out once the baby comes, so I felt the need to make t gallons of my own.
View attachment 611969

You have a tortoise on your coaster.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

I wasn't sure how much I'd feel like going out once the baby comes, so I felt the need to make 5 gallons of my own.
View attachment 611969
Just got the 4 year old in bed. Just opened the uncanny…. Pretty decent.
5AD9A318-69B2-486B-AE12-667929EDA8A5.jpeg

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
All beer is fine except budweiser, that is toilet water. Taste wise, i prefer Irish stouts and Belgium or German wheat beer. Corona has always been my drink when I am too drunk to down anything else and it is nice on a beach.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I have seen no evidence that the Flyer development is any worse than the majority of NHL teams.

If they truly had bad development, players would be going elsewhere and shining after a couple seasons of "recovery."
TK, Sanheim have developed nicely, Farabee's struggles are probably more physical (major surgery).
Provorov seems less a development issue than a player's ego (hard to coach).
And try to name a young player who succeeded elsewhere after struggling here.

Now you could claim that for Buffalo, where a number of players have left and improved, but is that development or just suppression due to playing on a bad team? Though given how poor Risto is at fundamental defense, I'd suspect development, but the proof would be if Shaw can turn him into a respectable defenseman.

The fact that a player doesn't live up to expectations doesn't necessarily point to development, it may be the player's talent was overestimated - it's when that player goes elsewhere and improves you start wondering.
Then you're blind if you can't see this franchise has an issue with player development.

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

View attachment 611969
Nice! Celebration was definitely a staple back in the day. Looks delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad