2022/23 Roster Thread XII: The Twelfth Night, a comedy play

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They should put Bellows back on waivers

images
images

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
I still cant stomach watching these games. The flyers havent been watchable since ghost's rookie season. Even in the bubble they were miserable to watch... like carson wentz post superbowl.

Can we just lose already I want a watchable line back.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Hart is back at practice and Zamula has been recalled.
Was Zamula just a paper move for cap flexibility (asking the group in general, not specifically you)?

You won't convince me that York isn't being kept down just to prove a point and take money out of his pocket. He clashed with Torts in camp, and now they're sticking it to him so that when he comes back up he will be more compliant.
When you say clashed with Torts, was there a specific report that stated that? I'm not saying there wasn't, I didn't really follow the stories off the ice during training camp.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
just a reminder:

2021-22, hart only allowed 22 goals in his first nine games, before imploding with the team. I don't expect a huge drop like last year from hart but there sure will be some regression.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Was Zamula just a paper move for cap flexibility (asking the group in general, not specifically you)?

When you say clashed with Torts, was there a specific report that stated that? I'm not saying there wasn't, I didn't really follow the stories off the ice during training camp.
To expand: They needed a roster slot and Zamula was waiver exempt so they made a paper move to send him down and allow Sandstrom to play Ersson to come up to back up last night.

Charlie mentioned when he was sent down that there might have been some ego issues with York (paraphrasing) that led to a bit of a clash with Tortorella.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have a hard time buying this team's smear campaigns whenever they need to justify a move they know will be controversial. Maybe they're trying to spite York into place, sure.

On the other hand, Fletcher has never been eager to play young guys on defense. I think the only time he plays more than one is when injuries forced it. He's clearly stated that he thinks youth playing is a problem. He's most focused on defense. If he thinks youth are a problem, then the D group might just be the one place he's least likely to play them. This trend is why it wasn't hard to call that Braun and Seeler would be regulars. Keeping York down to play someone "reliable" like Seeler is just as likely to be Fletcher's dream and desire, with leaks slamming the player as a means of blaming them.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Not a specific incident.

"He’s been hard on me; hard on all of us, really,” York said.”Always in our grills, giving us tips on the ice.. Telling us we need to be better. Stuff like that. I think it’s a good thing. I think we all need it.”

York doesn’t take the tough love personally.

“You can’t have soft skin,” he said. “You’ve got to accept what he’s saying. In the moment you might be frustrated and annoyed, but it’s for the better.”

He said “continuing to build a relationship with him and the staff is going to be important.”

Has York ever had a coach like Torts?

“No,” he replied, chuckling.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I saw no report that he clashed with Torts, Torts was just disappointed in his play.

That excerpt doesn't suggest a "clash," just a kid getting used to a coach who tells him to his face what he's doing wrong, he's done it with Allison, et al. The last sentence: “No,” he replied, chuckling, doesn't sound like a kid who is upset.

Most players (and employees in general) prefer a boss who is straightforward and communicates what he thinks you're doing wrong than "ambush management" where you're told you're not good enough but left wondering why.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So here’s some numbers to put Hart’s start in historical context analytically. The first set of numbers is the league leaders amongst those stats the last three years for starting goalies. The bottom are two of the best individual starting goaltender season’s since they started tracking in 2008-2009. Shesterkin lead in both categories last year in 53 games played which puts him up there with Price & Thomas’ seasons as best ever.

Hart - 8GP 15.9 GSAE 1.954 GSAE/60

2021-2022 - 34.1 GSAE 0.666 GSAE/60
2020-2021 - 19.3 GSAE 0.500 GSAE/60
2019-2020 - 24.2 GSAE 0.444 GSAE/60

Price - 66GP 33.2 GSAE 0.501 GSAE/60 (14-15)
Thomas - 57GP 39.6 GSAE 0.706 GSAE/60 (10-11)

So you’re kind of seeing that there’s still a lot of regression to be had even if he puts in a historical season.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Charlie said on the BSH that he heard Atkinson’s injury is neck related. He said the organization is being very mum on Atkinson’s situation so it’s not something he feels is 100% fact. He’s not skating & there isn’t an estimated time frame right now as to when that will happen. The Flyers have publicly said Atkinson is out with a UBI.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think anyone expects Hart to play at his current level, but I think it's also reasonable to expect the team to play at a much better level with regard to metrics and puck possession. Now that the lineup is settling in, they can start playing together and develop a better feel for linemates, defensive partners and Torts schemes.

It won't surprise me if after the 20 game mark they are close to xGF 50% the rest of the season.
At that point it'll be a balance between Hart/Sandstrom providing above average goalie play and the forwards below average finishing.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
You won't convince me that York isn't being kept down just to prove a point and take money out of his pocket. He clashed with Torts in camp, and now they're sticking it to him so that when he comes back up he will be more compliant.
The age old question of why so many Flyers prospects flounder after management makes sure to grind their will into dust.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Charlie said on the BSH that he heard Atkinson’s injury is neck related. He said the organization is being very mum on Atkinson’s situation so it’s not something he feels is 100% fact. He’s not skating & there isn’t an estimated time frame right now as to when that will happen. The Flyers have publicly said Atkinson is out with a UBI.

So that's Ellis, Couturier and Atkinson all done for the season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The age old question of why so many Flyers prospects flounder after management makes sure to grind their will into dust.
Patrick - head injury
Myers - head case
NAK - just not that talented
the rest floundered before the Flyers got their hands on them
Frost is the only exception.

Most of the problem was drafting, Rubtsov, Laberge, Ginning, JOB, Ratcliffe, Hagg.
On the other hand, Provorov, Sanheim, TK, Farabee, Cates, Allison.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

Vertigo. I'll bet one dollar

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I don't think anyone expects Hart to play at his current level, but I think it's also reasonable to expect the team to play at a much better level with regard to metrics and puck possession. Now that the lineup is settling in, they can start playing together and develop a better feel for linemates, defensive partners and Torts schemes.

It won't surprise me if after the 20 game mark they are close to xGF 50% the rest of the season.
At that point it'll be a balance between Hart/Sandstrom providing above average goalie play and the forwards below average finishing.
They weren’t even 50% last night playing against a team on a 7 game loosing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad