2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Unfortunately for the young guys, Chuck wont give them a chance on the roster over useless plugs because of *checks notes* lack of size, not hard to play against, dont try hard. Also, its about roles. Cant have skilled guys on the bottom of the lineup skilling it up. Nope need to grind them down and wear them out while they beat the team on the scoreboard.

Ill eat my left foot if anyone of those players makes the opening night roster.
Opening night? Doubtful unless they shine in TC.

For one thing, Foerster, Wisdom and Desnoyers are all 20 years old. Brink is injured and 21. None will be rushed.

Lycksell is 23, coming off a big SHL season, and a great PO performance. In his case it's more about adjusting to NA ice.
Zamula is 22, Attard is 23, both have a shot.

Allison and Laczynski are both 25, they just have to stay healthy.
Ratcliffe is 23 and subject to waivers, he'll get a long look in camp.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think there's a difference between zamula and say attard and then hogberg is in a different situation as well.
Sanheim and risto are our second pairing. The one people complain about is the one who didn't marinate.

York is different again. If he's healthy I can't see any way he's not on the roster, especially with Braun penciled in as his partner. He was a 19+ minute guy when he was called up.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think there's a difference between zamula and say attard and then hogberg is in a different situation as well.
Sanheim and risto are our second pairing. The one people complain about is the one who didn't marinate.

No amount of soaking in a bag of Soy Vey was going to make Risto more than he is.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A better comparison is Laughton who got two years at $962,500 in his first proper contract.

Laughton also had a lot of people calling him a bust back then.

If you were Frost, would you want more than one year? He was a 10.2c RFA, he didn’t have any leverage to do anything besides go to Europe.

No, he should be able to get a nice pay raise next season if he can score 25+ points.

A pay cut...IN THIS ECONOMY?!?!?

he will actually make more because they cant shove him in the minors for months on end

I don't think he will get waived, but yeah, that's why players will take less than their QO because it comes as a one way contract.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why do people compare early RFA deals for part-time players with FA veteran contracts?

Frost has yet to prove anything, neither has Tippett, Allison, or Laczynski.
When they produce, they'll get paid.

Nor has Frost outplayed Tippett, both have flashed, neither has produced.

Reactions: phil162888

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
23 years old and $800k for our supposed top prospect. No question though, this is it for him. If he can't do it now, forget him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad