2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
You’re nuts if you think we are moving Hayes’ contract or Risto’s contract in the future without giving up significant assets to do so.

there are NO other nhl teams that would take Fisto... even as a waiverwire...

he is NOT a NHL Dman...

Add Brown and Fisto to those 3 , we may not win 10 games.

I truly hope Reaves or Wilson embarrass this poor plug early in the season.

i hope every team just skates around our new face punchers..

ultimate burn...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
there are NO other nhl teams that would take Fisto... even as a waiverwire...

he is NOT a NHL Dman...
Wrong. There were other 1st rd plus offers for him, the problem with Fletcher is he should have set his maximum price and stuck with it, but once he decides he needs a player, he blows past his reservation price.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Need to extend Sanheim. He's the key to the defense going forward. If he won't extend, the Flyers are more screwed than they are right now. I'm sure that other teams are watching the situation. They'll offer Fletcher a bag of practice pucks for him and the GM will bite on it.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Sanheim doesn't extend, he'll be moved in August or at the TDL, and should garner more than Giroux.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
ROR spent his first 5-6 years mired in inconsistent mediocrity.
A lot of "franchise" players emerge in their mid-20s, only a few are superstars from the get-go.
That's why you need to be patient with young players.
Ryan Oreilly scored 28 goals and 64 his 5th year in the league after making the Avalanche at 18 years old. Would Frost be his Flyers comparable?

Taransenko put up 37 goals and 73 points his 3rd year in the league? Does that sound like Farabee to you?

So I guess Provorov will be playing the part of Pietrangelo?

There’s a pretty good chance that 2 of those 3 players mentioned won’t even be on the team in a years time.

Reactions: Curufinwe

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Only one mistake in 4 years though
No, we're up to 3 mistakes now - Risto, waiving Lindblom and signing Deslauriers.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
You know what? I dont even hate having tony deangelo.
I hate that we spent OUR 2023 2ND ON HIM (worth a midlate 1st most years), gave him term, while ALSO having fisto extended.

I honestly do not care if criminals or bigots are on the hockey team, I just want some f***ing COMPETENCE. If fletcher sat on his hands since he got here and did 0 things we probably would be a good team by now. Or atleast have a brighter future.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You know what? I dont even hate having tony deangelo.
I hate that we spent OUR 2023 2ND ON HIM (worth a midlate 1st most years), gave him term, while ALSO having fisto extended.

I honestly do not care if criminals or bigots are on the hockey team, I just want some f***ing COMPETENCE. If fletcher sat on his hands since he got here and did 0 things we probably would be a good team by now. Or atleast have a brighter future.
If it makes you feel better they spent their 2023 2nd on Risto. They spent their 2024 2nd on DeAngelo.

The 2022 2nd was spent on Ghost.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
If it makes you feel better they spent their 2023 2nd on Risto. They spent their 2024 2nd on DeAngelo.

The 2022 2nd was spent on Ghost.
We did WHAT?

Adam Fantilli will save the franchise. 300 pts a year centering farabee and foerster into the stratosphere, every tsn article will be able Fantilli vs Bedard thanks.

I refuse to hear any counter points to this.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Sanheim getting moved for more than Giroux is fine and all, but that leaves you with:

Provorov - DeAngelo
York - Risto
???? - Braun

That’s a terrible lineup. A full step beyond bad.

I am coming up blank on who could even be next to Braun in that situation. Don’t tell me Zamula will be in the NHL for sure. Chuck’s 2 weeks out from calling him by the wrong name on purpose. They can’t possibly run out Attard-Braun as a pairing, right? RIGHT??

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They’re going to learn accountability. Establish an identity. Gain confidence. Not be a laughingstock.

Go into next summer with JVR’s $7m cap room. Have some pretty good prospects entering the team/in 2nd year.

It’s progress. Good progress. I hate this all-or-nothing, gotta be horrible for 6 years & pray for picks, & if it’s not a dynasty burn & repeat BS.

Is Fletcher getting firedb along with Clarke and his creatures before all this happens? Because if not, it's never happening

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Need to extend Sanheim. He's the key to the defense going forward. If he won't extend, the Flyers are more screwed than they are right now. I'm sure that other teams are watching the situation. They'll offer Fletcher a bag of practice pucks for him and the GM will bite on it.

I believe Fletcher has lost every single dman trade he's made by huge margins. If not, it's the dominant trend. He will get taken hard

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I saw a discussion Jordan Hall had with Jim Jackson today and JJ seemed disillusioned. Remember when Fletcher said a while ago that we're missing high-end talent? We're still missing it.

Absolutely. There’s a real talent gap between our top guys and top guys on winning teams. In cases like the Avs, it seems insurmountable.

Getting those guys is a multi year process with astute moves, drafts, and luck. We’re a long ways off!

Reactions: TCTC

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meltzer, in his blog, stated that the asking price for JVR was the Flyers 2023 1st. For 1 year at $7 million, for a still useful 25 goal scorer? Nothing about that passes the smell test. Many teams low on the totem pole could theoretically use JVR + 2024 FLA 1st + deadline pick for absolutely nothing. It's even a way to hit the floor while gaining a valuable asset. Most half-intelligent GMs should see that as a value win. Substantially worse contracts, with worse term and for basically non-rosterable players, get traded for far less than a probable top 10 pick.

I think it really just goes back to Fletcher being the nadir of NHL negotiators -- losing leverage putting himself in untenable positions too -- and other GMs want to bleed him dry like vampires. There's no chance if that was a Hurricanes contract or Lightning contract that it doesn't get moved at a fraction of the cost. Other teams know who the suckers are.
Compare that to Pacioretty being moved for nothing and costing nothing with the same cap hit for a team equally f***ed if not more. I don’t know how it happens where it’s that kind of disparity even though Pacioretty is a better player. Feel like that angle should be talked about more

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sanheim getting moved for more than Giroux is fine and all, but that leaves you with:

Provorov - DeAngelo
York - Risto
???? - Braun

That’s a terrible lineup. A full step beyond bad.

I am coming up blank on who could even be next to Braun in that situation. Don’t tell me Zamula will be in the NHL for sure. Chuck’s 2 weeks out from calling him by the wrong name on purpose. They can’t possibly run out Attard-Braun as a pairing, right? RIGHT??
That's an easy one, Jojo.

CJAYSwg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad