Hello again Braun
Yet more Seeler & Connaughtsie
A goon!
A career minor league goalie
No JG

Can’t wait to see what’s next

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
You guys are hard to keep up with on here. Between this forum and my buddies who I talk Flyers with, I've been getting a little jumbled up keeping threads and comments aligned with where they originally came from.

I do not believe this an original thought but more a combination of thoughts purported by you all, some my own, and some from my friends, but, holy f*** the worst of it has yet to come.

This is what I truly believe will happen (a worst case scenario). Chuck Fletcher will not be removed as GM during the 2022-2023 season. I predict after the 2023-2024 season is when he will be removed from GM and Briere takes over. Next off season we have a couple people coming off the books and a loaded draft to boot. JVR is the big one, then Sanheim. The big speculation as well with our defensive group is, What are we doing with ProV - Sanheim - York? One has to go, for sure. But whom? (We all know York won't be the one moving)

With JvR coming off the books and Sanheim needing a new signing, as you all have been saying, one of ProV/Sanheim is being moved. That is the scary part. The combination of JVR and one of ProV/Sanheim leaving is when we will see Fletcher go for a big FA. With all the damage he has done thus far, next off season is the one I fear the most from him.

Sanheim is gonna walk because Cuck won't be able to afford him. The whole BS narrative of keeping his contract down by never giving him PP time is a complete disservice to the Flyers but more importantly Sanheim and I really hope he gets the f*** away from this place. As much as it would hurt us fans to see him walk and for the franchise as well, I really hope he gives a giant f*** YOU to Clarke/Fletcher & Co and walks away after this season.

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
I now realize the three people hired to be their analytics department must be fight tape traders from the golden age of vhs tapes. Don cherrys rock em sock em is prolly what they study in great detail after each game.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's still amazing that:

the guy 2nd in league scoring with 115 pts WANTED to be a Flyer for 7 years
We would not part with a 1st to get it done
It sounded like it was going to take more than a 1st. That's what happens when you blow $10m on RR + TD before free agency starts

So the Flyers keep their 24 goal scorer while another 24 goal scorer who's only 29 years old is still unsigned.

Reactions: BiggE

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It sounded like it was going to take more than a 1st. That's what happens when you blow $10m on RR + TD before free agency starts

So the Flyers keep their 24 goal scorer while another 24 goal scorer who's only 29 years old is still unsigned.

It sounded like that, because Fletch worded it that way AND he showed in the past, he was a shit negotiator. And decision maker.

And as you said, he backed himself into a corner.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
If all goes to Chuck's plan, team may be flirting with the a playoff spot and choose to keep Sanheim only to miss and lose him for nothing.

Picking 14th, no return from Sanheim. Chuck still using injury excuses and another dubious signing next season is max pain. It will be so.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Chuck Fletcher traded Clutterbuck and a 3rd round pick for Niederreiter. Now he can't afford to get him as a probably cheap free agent because of that hideous Risto extension.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
It sounded like that, because Fletch worded it that way AND he showed in the past, he was a shit negotiator. And decision maker.

And as you said, he backed himself into a corner.
Ya more than a 1st is too much, no? He showed he was willing to give up multiple picks for players so they obviously wanted to take advantage.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
It's still amazing that:

the guy 2nd in league scoring with 115 pts WANTED to be a Flyer for 7 years
We would not part with a 1st to get it done
We WOULD trade Ghost+2nd+7th+1st+2nd+Hagg for Risto for 1 guaranteed year
Reminder, our leading scorer had 52 pts this year...lol
JG had more pts than our top 2 scorers combined

It's just unfathomable how you attempt to be competitive by signing Hayes, re-signing Laughton, trading for Ellis, Risto and ADA, burning thru tons of draft capital, hire AV, MT and now Torts, but then draw the line at not adding a top point getter in the league who is DYING to be a Flyer??? The level of incompetence is mind blowing.

But hey, at least we have a fighter for the next 4 years.
I think the hockey world realizes you won’t ever win the big prize with a guy like Gaudreau. Yes he is amazingly talented and a regular season sensation but when real hockey starts in the playoffs he isn’t the guy anymore just a secondary piece.

Otherwise explain why he only got actual offers from New Jersey and Columbus after he decided he didn’t want to be a legacy player in Calgary and see his jersey raised to the rafters on 10 years or so.

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
I think the hockey world realizes you won’t ever win the big prize with a guy like Gaudreau. Yes he is amazingly talented and a regular season sensation but when real hockey starts in the playoffs he isn’t the guy anymore just a secondary piece.

Otherwise explain why he only got actual offers from New Jersey and Columbus after he decided he didn’t want to be a legacy player in Calgary and see his jersey raised to the rafters on 10 years or so.
LOL...he had 14 points in 12 playoff games this year with a game 7 OT winner. But yeah, he's a secondary piece in the playoffs. The denial and rationalizing sh*t decisions is going into overdrive now!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Remember when you said the Avalanche were an easy first round out?

I 'memba.

Icedog2735

Aug 19, 2006
Stratford, CT

Sorry, but I think you are just wrong with this take. On top of the stats from this playoff that other's have posted, it's also the idea of having a bona fide super star in your lineup that teams need to be aware of and game plan for at all times, potentially opening up space for other players to elevate their game. The Flyers have not had a legit superstar that opposing teams feared going into a game or playoff series since #88.

Reactions: kudymen

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I am still in stitches that the idea of aggressive re-tool evolved into:

-Giroux
-Lindblom (buyout; signs multimilion contract somewhere else day1)
+-Ristolainen (double down / extension)
+Tony DeAngelo
+-Connaution (extension)
+4th liner Deslauriers
+Justin Braun
+Grosenick
+Adam Brooks
+Cooper Marody
+that ex-Wild Dman
+John Tortorella

And authentic f***s go with LETS f***ING GOOO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
His qualifier during the presser was something to the effect of “we aggressively tried to be aggressive” when someone questioned to the the plan for an “aggressive retool”

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Honestly on Torts... I am not the biggest fan of the hiring but it will be definitely tougher to judge him this coming year. The best way is to see how he handles players, if he doesn't play the young guys when we are one of the worst teams in the league, etc. Actual win/loss won't be a indicator because honestly if this team isn't top 5 worst in the league, that would be a damn positive check for him. This is the worst roster we have fielded maybe ever.

Like I looked at the 2006-2007 Flyers and this team would definitely get 4-0'd by them right?

1657894572821.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad