2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I fully expect that we will do worse than Chicago in the standings but they will leap us with lotto balls ala Kane/JVR. However, it won't be us going from 1-2 but 3-4 and out of range of the best three available players.

200.gif
Although mitchkov is a much better prospect than Jvr

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Sanheim getting moved for more than Giroux is fine and all, but that leaves you with:

Provorov - DeAngelo
York - Risto
???? - Braun

That’s a terrible lineup. A full step beyond bad.

I am coming up blank on who could even be next to Braun in that situation. Don’t tell me Zamula will be in the NHL for sure. Chuck’s 2 weeks out from calling him by the wrong name on purpose. They can’t possibly run out Attard-Braun as a pairing, right? RIGHT??

Yandle...🤣

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think NJ has a much better chance to be a lot stronger this year. Could be adding Luke Hughes and Nemec(?) on the back end.

Hughes is doing one more season at Michigan then jumping to the NHL for 23-24. Hes gonna be incredible. Thats probably the season they become contenders if they dont f*** it up.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Sanheim's gone. He's been plotting this moment since his first bridge deal. They're not trading him in August, because they think this team is ready to compete, and if Torts can squeeze enough no-event hockey out of them to be within striking distance of a playoff spot, they won't move him at the deadline either. No, instead they'd end up losing our best remaining trade chip for nothing.

Also, no one's offering up a 1st for Ristolainen anymore. That ship has sailed. He has the Flyers stink on him now in addition to his own stink, so that contract is unmoveable for at least the next 4 years. Ditto Hayes.

If we are lucky enough to land a franchise player this upcoming draft, he'll have to deal with being on a bad team with absolute deadweight surrounding him for his first 3-4 seasons in the league, and that's only IF the Flyers stop adding more junk onto the heap.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Sanheim getting moved for more than Giroux is fine and all, but that leaves you with:

Provorov - DeAngelo
York - Risto
???? - Braun

That’s a terrible lineup. A full step beyond bad.

I am coming up blank on who could even be next to Braun in that situation. Don’t tell me Zamula will be in the NHL for sure. Chuck’s 2 weeks out from calling him by the wrong name on purpose. They can’t possibly run out Attard-Braun as a pairing, right? RIGHT??
Seeler or Connauton, of course!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's still amazing that:

the guy 2nd in league scoring with 115 pts WANTED to be a Flyer for 7 years
We would not part with a 1st to get it done
We WOULD trade Ghost+2nd+7th+1st+2nd+Hagg for Risto for 1 guaranteed year
Reminder, our leading scorer had 52 pts this year...lol
JG had more pts than our top 2 scorers combined

It's just unfathomable how you attempt to be competitive by signing Hayes, re-signing Laughton, trading for Ellis, Risto and ADA, burning thru tons of draft capital, hire AV, MT and now Torts, but then draw the line at not adding a top point getter in the league who is DYING to be a Flyer??? The level of incompetence is mind blowing.

But hey, at least we have a fighter for the next 4 years.

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki

With coots not 100% and missing farabee and ellis, I'd say there's a non-zero chance the flyers start the season goin 0-for-10. Would that be enough to get management fired?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's still amazing that:

the guy 2nd in league scoring with 115 pts WANTED to be a Flyer for 7 years
We would not part with a 1st to get it done
We WOULD trade Ghost+2nd+7th+1st+2nd+Hagg for Risto for 1 guaranteed year
Reminder, our leading scorer had 52 pts this year...lol
JG had more pts than our top 2 scorers combined

It's just unfathomable how you attempt to be competitive by signing Hayes, re-signing Laughton, trading for Ellis, Risto and ADA, burning thru tons of draft capital, hire AV, MT and now Torts, but then draw the line at not adding a top point getter in the league who is DYING to be a Flyer??? The level of incompetence is mind blowing.

But hey, at least we have a fighter for the next 4 years.
I liked Fletcher's first off-season. Last off-season wasn't great in hindsight, but looked ok at the time. But this off-season is shaping up to be a disaster.
If this team doesn't somehow exceed expectations, it should cost him his job.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I liked Fletcher's first off-season. Last off-season wasn't great in hindsight, but looked ok at the time. But this off-season is shaping up to be a disaster.
If this team doesn't somehow exceed expectations, it should cost him his job.
They’ve all been shit. That 2019 off-season is the shit foundation this whole house of shit has been built on.

Evergreen

With coots not 100% and missing farabee and ellis, I'd say there's a non-zero chance the flyers start the season goin 0-for-10. Would that be enough to get management fired?

Probably enough to shuffle Fletcher upstairs to an “advisor” position and bring in Danny B as GM. But this group of apes is unlikely to actually clean house like they should. It’s an old boys club.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Probably enough to shuffle Fletcher upstairs to an “advisor” position and bring in Danny B as GM. But this group of apes is unlikely to actually clean house like they should. It’s an old boys club.
They will be cleaned out once enough money is lost. I don’t know when that will be but it’s coming soon. This team has nothing to sell.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I am still in stitches that the idea of aggressive re-tool evolved into:

-Giroux
-Lindblom (buyout; signs multimilion contract somewhere else day1)
+-Ristolainen (double down / extension)
+Tony DeAngelo
+-Connaution (extension)
+4th liner Deslauriers
+Justin Braun
+Grosenick
+Adam Brooks
+Cooper Marody
+that ex-Wild Dman
+John Tortorella

And authentic f***s go with LETS f***ING GOOO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
They’ve all been shit. That 2019 off-season is the shit foundation this whole house of shit has been built on.
In retrospect most of his moves have been pointless, but the 2019/20 team at least looked like a team that should be able to compete. They had a good run until everything started to fall apart for some reason.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I am still in stitches that the idea of aggressive re-tool evolved into:

-Giroux
-Lindblom (buyout; signs multimilion contract somewhere else day1)
+-Ristolainen (double down / extension)
+Tony DeAngelo
+-Connaution (extension)
+4th liner Deslauriers
+Justin Braun
+Grosenick
+Adam Brooks
+Cooper Marody
+that ex-Wild Dman
+John Tortorella

And authentic f***s go with LETS f***ING GOOO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This team will be comically horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad