Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Luneau definitely has a good frame on him. Ottawa is getting physically abused.

EDIT: Luneau takes a crosschecking penalty for manhandling some little forward.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I think luneau is going to be a beaut, very excited bout him

+1 for being superhigh on Luneau. I think (and hope) he will be a top 4 guy here and a good one. He is 2nd on team scoring with 1 point behind but is shy one game. So basically he is leading the team in scoring. Great for a D, even at the Q. Plus, he is a righty with a solid frame.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Got any more of a review on the game?
Warren and Luneau were both super physical. Ottawa was getting bullied in front they couldn't even attempt to screen the goalie. Ottawa forwards seemed so small. Mintyukov was decent... He led a rush and actually got into a battle with Luneau in front it was kinda funny. If Luneau can improve his skating he might be something good.

This game, Warren kind of reminded me of Edvinsson without the offense game and creativity. Both are huge and skate way too well, are hard to get around and finish their checks when they can.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
+1 for being superhigh on Luneau. I think (and hope) he will be a top 4 guy here and a good one. He is 2nd on team scoring with 1 point behind but is shy one game. So basically he is leading the team in scoring. Great for a D, even at the Q. Plus, he is a righty with a solid frame.

Luneau fell in the draft like Krebs fell in the draft, both falling due to injury and not lack of talent nor motor. Central Scouting's pre-season marker had him ranked as a A prospect, implying a first round talent. The surgery Luneau had during that summer took him off the ice all summer, pre-season with Gat, and missed a few games to start the season. Eventually, scouts started noticing his skating just wasn't the same as he was skating tenatively, not aggressive, as well as no burst.

When I did look up tall, shutdown D like Warren and Lamoureux of the Q, Luneau popped up on all three charts. Also on those same charts included Tyson Hinds.

RD Warren, DZ Puck Losses 2022.png

RD Warren, Hits Freq 2022.png

RD Warren, Puck Battle Eff 2022.png

Ducks scooped up that falling talent with the 2nd rd pick we got from the Rakell trade. As others have mentioned, Luneau still needs to work on his burst acceleration, but he'll not be rushed because of so many prospects in front of him. I think that was part of the reasoning for drafting him as well ... the Ducks have time on their side.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad