Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have no idea, but I do hope someone who's been watching him closely can chime in.

My Gumby reference was referring to Perry b/c Perry scores, doesn't stay hurt for long, and is a slow skater.

Yeah would be awesome if he can translate this to the NHL. I think he is eligible for SD next season?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Minty - 13th
Zell - 18th

Will read up on it later.

Wheeler has defensive minded Greig in 49th overall. That's who Gaucher will play like in the near future.

Honorable mentions has a plethora of Ducks (alphabetically listed):
C Gaucher​
LD/RD Lacombe​
RD Luneau​
LW/RW Pastujov​
LD Thrun​

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Wheeler has defensive minded Greig in 49th overall. That's who Gaucher will play like in the near future.

C Gaucher​
LD/RD Lacombe​
RD Luneau​
LW/RW Pastujov​
LD Thrun​
I don't think Greig and Gaucher are anything alike. Greig is much smaller and light years better offensively. Gaucher is bigger, slower, and has far less offensive skill. Greig is fiesty though...perhaps moreso than Gaucher.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I don't think Greig and Gaucher are anything alike. Greig is much smaller and light years better offensively. Gaucher is bigger, slower, and has far less offensive skill. Greig is fiesty though...perhaps moreso than Gaucher.
Greig is way "meaner" I agree.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Ahhh... I see Greig's production now after looking up his EP page. You're correct, Greig's better offensively. I was focused on Greig's defensive play at the WJC as a 3C since that's how Wheeler started his writeup on Greig. Again, going by Wheeler's description of Greig, Wheeler doesn't put a great deal of stock in his offense, but has a lot of praise for being a "heart & soul" type player.

"After an excellent final season in the WHL and a strong performance as a go-to defensive player at the world juniors (which were shortened by a shoulder injury that delayed the start of his season), Greig has stepped right into the AHL and NHL and continued to progress nicely towards his projection as an up-and-down the lineup NHL forward who can add skill to a bottom six or get after it with skilled players."

Reactions: Kalv

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Ahhh... I see Greig's production now after looking up his EP page. You're correct, Greig's better offensively. I was focused on Greig's defensive play at the WJC as a 3C since that's how Wheeler started his writeup on Greig. Again, going by Wheeler's description of Greig, Wheeler doesn't put a great deal of stock in his offense, but has a lot of praise for being a "heart & soul" type player.

"After an excellent final season in the WHL and a strong performance as a go-to defensive player at the world juniors (which were shortened by a shoulder injury that delayed the start of his season), Greig has stepped right into the AHL and NHL and continued to progress nicely towards his projection as an up-and-down the lineup NHL forward who can add skill to a bottom six or get after it with skilled players."
Yeah, I see Greig exactly as Wheeler sees him. He's done well as a pro so far this year (both AHL and NHL) and is even seeing some PP time in Ottawa. Greig has enough offensive instincts to go from a well above average junior scorer to a middle six guy in the NHL. Guys who are average junior scorers usually end up as 4th liners in the NHL if they make it at all.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Are Colangelo and Pastujov expected in SD by the end of the season?
No, probably not. Colangelo isn't ready for the pro game and should stay in school and Sarnia will try to make a play for the memorial cup. It's conceivable pastujov's team bows out early and he makes his debut though.

A wildcard is how the team feels about pastujov playing an overage season to work on the skating. I don't know what his deal with Underhill is nowadays, however.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidBL

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
No, probably not. Colangelo isn't ready for the pro game and should stay in school and Sarnia will try to make a play for the memorial cup. It's conceivable pastujov's team bows out early and he makes his debut though.

A wildcard is how the team feels about pastujov playing an overage season to work on the skating. I don't know what his deal with Underhill is nowadays, however.
Pretty accurate. I suspect that Pastujov goes pro next year even if it means he plays in the ECHL. Not much he can learn as an overager unless he is literally getting daily power skating lessons from Underhill herself. Colangelo's performance this year has been very disappointing and I'm not sure if it is him or a line chemistry issue. Not encouraging at all though. The sad thing is that Colangelo is 1.5 years older than Pastujov.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Pretty accurate. I suspect that Pastujov goes pro next year even if it means he plays in the ECHL. Not much he can learn as an overager unless he is literally getting daily power skating lessons from Underhill herself. Colangelo's performance this year has been very disappointing and I'm not sure if it is him or a line chemistry issue. Not encouraging at all though. The sad thing is that Colangelo is 1.5 years older than Pastujov.
You don't think Pastujov would make the AHL roster?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
You don't think Pastujov would make the AHL roster?
I assume he probably will but I think we all thought that about McLaughlin too. Pastujov's skating and slight frame may make it difficult for him to play in the AHL next year. I hope he does but only time will tell.

Reactions: DavidBL

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Colangelo lost about a year of college due to injury.

I was expecting a bit more from Colangelo after last year's offense sprung to life. One more year in college could help him burst out of his sophomore slump even though he's a junior.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Colangelo lost about a year of college due to injury.

I was expecting a bit more from Colangelo after last year's offense sprung to life. One more year in college could help him burst out of his sophomore slump even though he's a junior.
He's playing well tonight.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Thrun looks like Vaaks type this game.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015

The article confirms how I feel about the system; a deep pool with some high end D prospects and some depth in other positions that can turn into NHL regulars. 7 separate Ducks were mentioned with 5 of them on D. Hopefully the system will start bearing fruit the next season or two, with more reinforcements coming in the upcoming draft.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

C Gaucher​
LD/RD Lacombe​
RD Luneau​
LW/RW Pastujov​
LD Thrun​
Hinds didn't show up anywhere on that list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad