Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
What do McLaughlin and Pastujov have in common?
I never made a claim that they were similar in any way other than they could both have the ECHL on their resumes. I merely pointed out that Pastujov may not be strong enough or skate well enough to be in the AHL next year. I didn't see McLaughlin in SD this year but obviously he wasn't strong enough or talented enough to be effective in the AHL.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I never made a claim that they were similar in any way other than they could both have the ECHL on their resumes. I merely pointed out that Pastujov may not be strong enough or skate well enough to be in the AHL next year. I didn't see McLaughlin in SD this year but obviously he wasn't strong enough or talented enough to be effective in the AHL.
Why did you draw the comparison between those two players? Why not pick a player who had played in the AHL?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Because I was making the point that Pastujov could end up in the ECHL next year as opposed to playing overage in the OHL or being good enough for the AHL. Why is this bothering you??
Is your point just that literally any player could end up in the ECHL or is there something specific about McLaughlin that you think has a lesson to teach about Pastujov?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Is your point just that literally any player could end up in the ECHL or is there something specific about McLaughlin that you think has a lesson to teach about Pastujov?
I think there is a good possibility that both will spend their rookie pro year in the ECHL because for whatever reason they aren’t good enough for the AHL. Simple as that

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Was just curious why you chose an example that assumed the conclusion and now I (and everyone) can see. Just simple bias.
I didn’t conclude anything except that it is possible pastujov could play in the ECHL next year. Emphasis on possible.

You seem to have concluded that there is no way that pastujov will play in the echl and that’s fine.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'm willing to bet Pastujov will be better in the AHL than McLaughlin.
Not many decent prospects go 24 games in a row without a point in the AHL.
McLaughlin has 1 point in 31 AHL career games.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

1676404496335.png

Clang is an HM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I assume he probably will but I think we all thought that about McLaughlin too. Pastujov's skating and slight frame may make it difficult for him to play in the AHL next year. I hope he does but only time will tell.

I'm kinda lost with the thoughts on McLaughlin. I don't recall much fanfare about McLaughlin last year. I still don't think there's a lot of fanfare with McLaughlin, except when people point out he's not scoring anything for the Gulls this year. F Blake had 33 points in 39 games last year in his senior season, but junior D LaCombe had 30 points in the same season on the same team with the same amount of games played. McLaughlin finally earned an ELC from the Ducks in his senior season.

Pasta has first round skill except for his skating, which is why he dropped in the draft. The same thing happened with D Thrun in the 2019 draft. As for his slight frame, Pasta's EP page has him listed at 187 lbs, which is 15 pounds heavier than McLaughlin's EP page, with Pasta being an inch taller than McLaughlin too. Right now, Pasta has a 1.81 ppg scoring rate with his new team. The Ducks signed him in his draft year along with McTavish and Zellweger about three weeks after being drafted. Then GM, Murray, got Pasta to go to the CHL from the NCAA and made sure Pasta got one of the best skating mentors in hockey.

Perry is a slow skating winger with a wiry frame that could score often. Part of the season we got him at 28th overall was probably due to his skating. It didn't stop Perry. Pasta also is a slow skating winger with a wiry frame who can score often, though not at the same pace as Pears in the OHL. I just don't see a high probability of Pasta getting sent to the ECHL.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Pasta won't go to the ECHL. He has enough skill to cut it in the AHL without his skating, IMO.

EDIT: Did not mean to quote the above post, as I agree with Duckie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad