Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Awesome he was the one I was most concerned with not signing. Hopefully Thrun commits soon too

Do we have a farm club in Russia and he's playing in it? He's prepping good there for whats to come ha

Great news, god bless Jackson LaCombe. Going back to the interviews pre-season, it seems he was always set to sign with us, what a legend.

During the Dev camp, LaCombe told the Ducks faithful to not worry about him not signing with the Ducks. Here's the article from July 19, 2022: What's next for Ducks' Henry Thrun and Jackson LaCombe after school decision

I’m way more concerned with Thrun. Harvard players have the biggest history of going to the market once they play their 4 years and his comments in the summer were less reassuring.

Thrun's comments were very lawyer like, but also valid concerns. He lost a year of NCAA play. One of the reasons for returning was the success rate of playing 60 NCAA games vs 90 NCAA games heavily favored players who played 90 NCAA games.

In hindsight, it was a great for both college guys returned to their respective programs than be a part of the shit show in San Diego. Both had some captaincy roles with their respective teams and their teams are ranked in the top-10 in the NCAA.

I think Thrun, LaCombe, Z, Helleson and Collangelo all played together (on the WJC gold medal team). Hopefully Z kept phone numbers.

Holy crap, I didn't even know Colangelo was part of that Gold medal team! I know Z, Helleson, and now LaCombe are part of the org. C'mon down, Thrun!

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Ducks Prospects Update, Part 1: NA - CHL, USHL, and NCAA

• Highlights
    • Unleashing the Beast: Mintyukov. Minty has scored 6 pts (1g, 5a) with a +3 rating in the past three games with his new team. It's as if his new team finally let Minty manifest that offensive prowess.
    • D Corps around PPG unit (new team stats only)
      • Zellweger 1.64 (signed)
      • Hinds 1.03 (signed)
      • Mintyukov 0.93 (signed)
      • Luneau 1.13
      • Thrun 1.00
      • LaCombe 0.93 (intends to sign)
    • F Corps around PPG unit (new team stats only)
      • King 1.43
      • Pastujov 1.88 (signed)
      • Tschigerl 0.90
      • Gaucher 1.06 (signed)
      • Hvidston 1.03

DucksProspectCHLUSHLNCAA
    .Feb7th
    2023​
    RdFirst NameLast NamePosLeagueTeamGPGAPts.Plus/ minusPPG/ GAA
    2​
    OlenZellwegerLHDWHLEverett
    23​
    10​
    18​
    28​
    -5​
    1.22​
    WJC-20Canada
    7​
    0​
    6​
    6​
    0​
    0.86​
    WHLKamloops
    11​
    6​
    12​
    18​
    14​
    1.64​
    Current
    4​
    BenKingCWHLRed Deer
    14​
    12​
    8​
    20​
    3​
    1.43​
    3​
    SashaPastujovRWOHLGuelph
    14​
    11​
    8​
    19​
    -6​
    1.36​
    OHLSarnia
    25​
    16​
    31​
    47​
    22​
    1.88​
    Current
    3​
    TysonHindsLHDQMJHLSherbrooke
    38​
    10​
    29​
    39​
    34​
    1.03​
    WJC-20Canada
    7​
    2​
    0​
    2​
    9​
    0.29​
    5​
    SeanTschigerlLWWHLCalgary
    41​
    16​
    21​
    37​
    5​
    0.90​
    1​
    PavelMintyukovLHDOHLSaginaw
    37​
    16​
    38​
    54​
    26​
    1.46​
    OHLOttawa
    12​
    2​
    9​
    11​
    1​
    0.92​
    Current
    1​
    NathanGaucherCQMJHLQuebec
    35​
    19​
    18​
    37​
    34​
    1.06​
    WJC-20Canada
    7​
    1​
    3​
    4​
    1​
    0.57​
    2​
    NoahWarrenRHDQMJHLGatineau
    36​
    2​
    12​
    14​
    10​
    0.39​
    2​
    TristanLuneauRHDQMJHLGatineau
    46​
    13​
    39​
    52​
    26​
    1.13​
    5​
    ConnorHvidstonLWWHLSwift
    38​
    12​
    27​
    39​
    7​
    1.03​
    5​
    GageAlexanderGWHLSwift
    15​
    0​
    0​
    0​
    0.898​
    3.47​
    ECHLTulsa
    6​
    0.875​
    3.61​
    no games
    5​
    MichaelCallowCUSHLMuskegon
    37​
    10​
    10​
    20​
    -8​
    0.54​
    7​
    EthanBowenCBCHLChilliwack
    0​
    0​
    0​
    0​
    0​
    #DIV/0!​
    2​
    SamColangeloRWNCAANortheastern
    27​
    8​
    13​
    21​
    -3​
    0.78​
    4​
    WillFrancisRHDNCAAMinn-Duluth
    20​
    0​
    0​
    0​
    -3​
    0.00​
    5​
    TrevorJanickeFNCAANotre Dame
    30​
    8​
    10​
    18​
    -2​
    0.60​
    3​
    IanMooreRHDNCAAHarvard
    23​
    0​
    12​
    12​
    11​
    0.52​
    4​
    HenryThrunLHDNCAAHarvard
    23​
    5​
    18​
    23​
    13​
    1.00​
    2​
    JacksonLaCombeLHDNCAAMinnesota
    28​
    7​
    19​
    26​
    10​
    0.93​
    no games
    4​
    JackPerbixRWNCAAW. Michigan
    30​
    5​
    12​
    17​
    8​
    0.57​
    6​
    KyleKukkonenCNCAAMichigan Tech
    31​
    10​
    8​
    18​
    -3​
    0.58​

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Ducks Prospects Update, Part 2: NHL, CHL, Europe

• Highlights/Lowlights
    • European Goalies improved SV% and GAA this past week.
    • AHL Goalies are awkward: Dostal played 3 games, including a b2b and OEE played no games. It feels as though the staff is abusing Dostal in order to increase the chances of winning games. I don't like it.
    • McLaughlin is almost a ppg player in Tulsa (ECHL) after going scoreless in 24 AHL games. How is it that McLaughlin found his scoring touch again? What is going terrible with the AHL team?
    • Every time I enter in the plus/minus ratings for any AHL player it rarely improves, either stays the same or gets worse. RD Andersson was a -3 in the past three games, but still a +2 overall. bleah.

DucksProspectsNHLAHLEurope
.Jan31st
2023​
RdFirst NameLast NamePosLeagueTeamGPGAPts.Plus/ minusPPG/ GAA
1​
MasonMctavishLWNHLDucks
51​
10​
18​
28​
-11​
0.549​
FAPavolRegendaLWNHLDucks
14​
1​
2​
3​
-3​
0.214​
AHLGulls
28​
9​
8​
17​
-5​
0.607​
current
4​
ThimoNicklRHDH. AllsvenskanAIK
38​
0​
7​
7​
-8​
0.18​
5​
ArtyomGalimovCKHLBars Kazan
56​
6​
6​
12​
7​
0.21​
6​
AlbinSundsvikCSHLSkelleftea
41​
1​
7​
8​
2​
0.20​
6​
VyacheslavButeyetsGVHLChelmet
32​
0​
0​
0​
0.930​
2.23​
3 games
KHLHK Sochi
0​
3​
CalleClangGSHLRogle
21​
0​
0​
0​
0.901​
2.57​
2 games
1​
JacobPerreaultRWAHLSan Diego
35​
6​
8​
14​
-12​
0.40​
injured
1​
BraydenTraceyLWAHLSan Diego
41​
8​
12​
20​
-15​
0.49​
6​
HunterDrewFAHLSan Diego
40​
5​
5​
10​
-14​
0.25​
2​
BOGroulxCAHLSan Diego
46​
11​
18​
29​
-20​
0.63​
3​
BlakeMcLaughlinLWAHLSan Diego
24​
0​
0​
0​
-10​
0.00​
ECHLTulsa
14​
5​
8​
13​
-3​
0.93​
Current
2​
DrewHellesonRHDAHLSan Diego
42​
3​
9​
12​
-19​
0.29​
4​
JoshLopinaC/RWAHLSan Diego
34​
1​
2​
3​
-9​
0.09​
2​
AxelAnderssonRDAHLSan Diego
26​
1​
4​
5​
2​
0.19​
5​
OlleEriksson EkGAHLSan Diego
13​
0​
0​
0​
0.851​
4.79​
no games
Anaheim
0​
3​
LukasDostalGAHLSan Diego
33​
0​
0​
0​
0.910​
3.04​
3 games
Anaheim
7​
0​
0​
0​
0.909​
3.53​

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They played wjc together
I think they played together for a while through the US national development team... and im fairly certain they are pretty good buddies.

Not saying thatll convince him to sign here... but i feel like if hes looking for an oppertunity... anaheim defense may be 1 of your best bets.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think they played together for a while through the US national development team... and im fairly certain they are pretty good buddies.

Not saying thatll convince him to sign here... but i feel like if hes looking for an oppertunity... anaheim defense may be 1 of your best bets.

Thrun will make more money right off the bat with signing with the Ducks as soon as his collegiate season is completed. He gets to burn a year of his ELC and get a signing bonus for that first year, iirc from the article I read recently.

That's the biggest carrot the Ducks can hold over Thrun. Otherwise, the Ducks can wait for Thrun to become a FA, Thrun loses a chance to burn a year of ELC, and loses the bonus.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Thrun will make more money right off the bat with signing with the Ducks as soon as his collegiate season is completed. He gets to burn a year of his ELC and get a signing bonus for that first year, iirc from the article I read recently.

That's the biggest carrot the Ducks can hold over Thrun. Otherwise, the Ducks can wait for Thrun to become a FA, Thrun loses a chance to burn a year of ELC, and loses the bonu

well hopefully both just sign... and we dont have to go through that again.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Nice to hear about LaCombe. I just remembered we have Ian Moore in our system; another raw talented offensive defenseman. Just goes to show how deep we are potential-wise.

I remember Verbeek saying in a video somewhere that he was highly interested in our college players
I wouldn’t say Moore is offensive…

Seeing how Nikishin has developed I really wished we had drafted him instead.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I wouldn’t say Moore is offensive…

Seeing how Nikishin has developed I really wished we had drafted him instead.

The org took a chance on a high school prospect in Moore in the 3rd round of the 2020 draft. In the 2019 draft, we took a gamble on high school prospect LaCombe in the 2nd round. Nikishin's season this year is impressive as his offense came out of nowhere.

Moore scored 46 points (12g, 34a) in only 28 high school prep games in his draft year. That offense hasn't transferred equally at the college level. What has surprised me is his defense as he's been a double digit positive +/- rating for the past two seasons in college. Looking up scouting reports, a 2020 Smaht scouting report really like his defensive play and a recent report by Dobber Prospects as, "a shutdown defenseman who will be able to provide peripheral stats and chip in on the scoresheet from time to time."

Huh. A 6'3 right shot, shutdown d is always welcome. Maybe that offense might come to life later? The plus side is we got another shutdown D in the system?! Man, I hope he has put on more weight on his body. And if Thrun signs with us, then there could be a chance Moore signs with us too next year.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
The org took a chance on a high school prospect in Moore in the 3rd round of the 2020 draft. In the 2019 draft, we took a gamble on high school prospect LaCombe in the 2nd round. Nikishin's season this year is impressive as his offense came out of nowhere.

Moore scored 46 points (12g, 34a) in only 28 high school prep games in his draft year. That offense hasn't transferred equally at the college level. What has surprised me is his defense as he's been a double digit positive +/- rating for the past two seasons in college. Looking up scouting reports, a 2020 Smaht scouting report really like his defensive play and a recent report by Dobber Prospects as, "a shutdown defenseman who will be able to provide peripheral stats and chip in on the scoresheet from time to time."

Huh. A 6'3 right shot, shutdown d is always welcome. Maybe that offense might come to life later? The plus side is we got another shutdown D in the system?! Man, I hope he has put on more weight on his body. And if Thrun signs with us, then there could be a chance Moore signs with us too next year.
I think after a certain point of collecting a high quantity of talent that we should try to prioritize a different profile. Maybe go for bigger upside, skills that would be more transferable, grit, compete, leadership, etc. Not go nuts like the Senators drafting Boucher in the first for physicality and reaching big time, but maybe like the Dallas Stars getting value and swinging big. Although guys like Moore can help us build a defense like the Canes with large mobile two way dmen, we just have just too many core defensive prospects that are small or one dimensional offensive players.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

He's not a big producer indeed. Just my two cents on this, whenever I've watched him I've thought he moves really well and makes good decisions, he's just playing a bit conservatively - whether that's on him or on coaches, hard to tell. But I've liked him a lot and I really hope we sign him, he's a good guy to have as depth in the org. I think he has it in him to play in the NHL in some capacity.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
He's not a big producer indeed. Just my two cents on this, whenever I've watched him I've thought he moves really well and makes good decisions, he's just playing a bit conservatively - whether that's on him or on coaches, hard to tell. But I've liked him a lot and I really hope we sign him, he's a good guy to have as depth in the org. I think he has it in him to play in the NHL in some capacity.
I agree. I see some similarities between he and Hinds. Both big, mobile, and can play physical when needed. Nothing outstanding offensively but both have a solid transition game and can make a good first pass.

Reactions: Kalv

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

Not sure if someone posted already but this is great news!

Not sure if someone posted already but this is great news!

Given entry contract rules and the state of our defense, any kid that doesn’t see the Ducks as a good opportunity to sign and have opportunities, is probably going to be a knob to deal with.
Of the two, I’m thrilled to get Lacombe ! Still hope for both

Its a bummer the Gulls are so terrible because it would be nice having all this talent come in for a playoff push, it’s shocking how bad they’ve been.

Really hope Gulls coaching staff becomes at least functional next year.
The Ducks need to invest in a long term plan in San Diego. Seems like a dumpster fire the last couple years.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Screenshot_20230209-170547.png

Luneau took a mansplaining penalty and Ottawa is getting rolled by Gatineau right now.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ottawa looks like the Ducks right now, literally can't get anything going. They just keep dumping it in or turning it over.

EDIT: An Ottawa player during intermission just admitted they are getting shut down and playing great defensive. The announcer said they are having trouble getting in front and are getting cleared out. Eye test matches that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad