Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We did include Sbisa in the Kesler trade. Does that count? Fowler and Lindholm kinda made Sbisa expendable.
He didn't had that much success after getting to another org. Pettersson, Theodore, Montour all had/have success. And we kept Larsson of all D. Truth be told at some point Larsson was playing over Monty and Theo, despite being younger, plus Larsson was abe to play right side at least in Sweden, so we might have had some incentive to keep him but boy oh boy does it look bad now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Eh I see the gaucher pick as forward thinking…. And playing the odds, projecting a top 5 pick in 23. You already have top 6 players in zegras terry mctavish and 23 1st…. You have compliment guys in comtois/vatrano/strome. Was anyone in that range of picks gunna knock out any of those guys? Prob pretty unlikely…. You look at a potential 3rd line, you want speed/size, solid 2 way game and possibility to chip in offensively.

You see a guy like gaucher that plays fast, has good size, and leader qualities… can take face offs and kill penalties and maybe has some offensive upside untapped. Pencil him in on a line like Jones - Lundy - gaucher and let them wear down defenses

I don’t hate the pick cause I can see gaucher being a big part of our 3rd line when we start getting to that point but I get why people would hate the pick, cause you had potential to find a more boom prospect
Could be. Definitely seems like Verbeek had a mission to beef up our prospect pool. I am seeing a 4th liner in Gaucher that's why I'm questioning that pick. I'm all about squeezing out value of the pick and boy oh boy would Snuggerud be a far better pick there.

Then again, our late first-rounders have not worked out at all except Theodore, despite us looking for skill :laugh:

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Could be. Definitely seems like Verbeek had a mission to beef up our prospect pool. I am seeing a 4th liner in Gaucher that's why I'm questioning that pick. I'm all about squeezing out value of the pick and boy oh boy would Snuggerud be a far better pick there.

Then again, our late first-rounders have not worked out at all except Theodore, despite us looking for skill :laugh:
I looked at our late first round choices for 2009 - 2018. I defined late as pick 20 or later. This covers a ten year period where the draft choices have had three years post draft to make the NHL. I actually don't think that we did that badly, although we have traded away some of these picks:

2009: Palmieri #26
2010: Etem #29
2011: Rakell #30
2013: Theodore #26
2015: Larsson #27
2016: Jones #24 & Steel #30
2018: Lundestrom #23

All eight have played over 150 NHL games, and four of the eight (Palmieri, Rakell, Theodore, and Lundestrom) have been substantial contributors to their NHL teams. I still hold out some hope that Jones will develop more, but we shall see. This is a good result in my opinion for picks at the end of the 1st round.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I looked at our late first round choices for 2009 - 2018. I defined late as pick 20 or later. This covers a ten year period where the draft choices have had three years post draft to make the NHL. I actually don't think that we did that badly, although we have traded away some of these picks:

2009: Palmieri #26
2010: Etem #29
2011: Rakell #30
2013: Theodore #26
2015: Larsson #27
2016: Jones #24 & Steel #30
2018: Lundestrom #23

All eight have played over 150 NHL games, and four of the eight (Palmieri, Rakell, Theodore, and Lundestrom) have been substantial contributors to their NHL teams. I still hold out some hope that Jones will develop more, but we shall see. This is a good result in my opinion for picks at the end of the 1st round.
Holding out hope on Jones? Lol how? He is what he is.

I just looked up his EP account his scouting report:

"Max Jones is a diligent and hard-working power forward capable of being an impact player every shift. He's strong on the puck and routinely looks to create separation. He knows his game inside out and has a wide array of tools at his disposal. Strength and speed allow him to bull his way to the front of the net where he is relentless and creates havoc. Makes smart decisions with the puck and doesn't give the opposition time and space. Possesses high-end finishing ability and "wills" the puck to the back of the net. All-in-all, a determined forward who puts tremendous pressure on his opponents when he's on the ice. "

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Holding out hope on Jones? Lol how? He is what he is.

I just looked up his EP account his scouting report:

"Max Jones is a diligent and hard-working power forward capable of being an impact player every shift. He's strong on the puck and routinely looks to create separation. He knows his game inside out and has a wide array of tools at his disposal. Strength and speed allow him to bull his way to the front of the net where he is relentless and creates havoc. Makes smart decisions with the puck and doesn't give the opposition time and space. Possesses high-end finishing ability and "wills" the puck to the back of the net. All-in-all, a determined forward who puts tremendous pressure on his opponents when he's on the ice. "
I like Jones as a 3rd liner... i hope we kinda develop him into that a little better(which prob requires him to be healthy more frequently)

In theory i think a 3rd line of
Jones Lundy Guacher would be fantastic when we start trending back up the standings.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think LaCombe projects better than Thrun but Thrun play style is more needed for our defensemen in the system.

Reactions: Kalv and pbgoalie

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This is another dude who could show up on the Ducks roster later this year.
It's possible, though I would be surprised. His injury has taken a lot of the development time needed for his foot speed, mostly the only reason they sent him back for another junior season. Would be definitely more interesting than the AAAA guys we are bound to see down the stretch.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Not sure if someone posted already but this is great news!

This is great news on many levels. Because Lacombe is older than Zell and Minty as well as spent a lot of time learning to play defense against bigger bodies along with building his body at the NCAA levels, LaCombe can be that buffer to not rush Zell and Minty. LaCombe has been playing the right side for Minny even though he's a left shot - that does help the Ducks with versatility, especially if he makes the NHL level.

Right now, Minny is ranked #1. Harvard (Thrun and Moore) are ranked #10. The Frozen Four tournament starts from March 23rd and ends on April 8th. Anaheim has 10 games left from March 23rd through April 13th. At worst, LaCombe could get 2 NHL games on April 11th and 13th, where he and the org can burn a year off of his ELC if they agree on a current contract.

Reactions: Kalv

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Awesome he was the one I was most concerned with not signing. Hopefully Thrun commits soon too

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Buteyets stopped 50 of 52 in a win today
Do we have a farm club in Russia and he's playing in it? He's prepping good there for whats to come ha

Not sure if someone posted already but this is great news!

Great news, god bless Jackson LaCombe. Going back to the interviews pre-season, it seems he was always set to sign with us, what a legend.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Great news, god bless Jackson LaCombe. Going back to the interviews pre-season, it seems he was always set to sign with us, what a legend.

Great news indeed. Was hoping one of those guys would want to sign. On top of the other guys in the system. Our D prospect group is looking very good right now. Just need to add to our forward prospect pool.

Reactions: Kalv and Ducks DVM
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Nice to hear about LaCombe. I just remembered we have Ian Moore in our system; another raw talented offensive defenseman. Just goes to show how deep we are potential-wise.

I remember Verbeek saying in a video somewhere that he was highly interested in our college players

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad