Lighting reaction to hit on Hedman completely embarrassing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Mar 12, 2009
You'd think its a different sport reading the absolute outrage some of these posters have from sheer animalistic physicality between grown men on the ice.

You guys know this is hockey right?
There seem to be just as many grown men here (like you) outraged that any other grown man on a hockey message board would criticize dirty plays and forced fights in response to a clean hit.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Surely people are bored of getting mad about this kind of stuff? Teams overreact to clean hit on star players and have done it for as long as I have watched hockey.
Actually before the league got watered down with (seemingly) endless expansion every player could handle the tough stuff. The guys who couldn’t take if of themselves weren’t in the league. Over the years the talent level has dropped so there are “roles” for players, who honestly should never see nhl ice.
In old time hockey Hedman takes a number on that clean hit. He takes care of himself.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You'd think its a different sport reading the absolute outrage some of these posters have from sheer animalistic physicality between grown men on the ice.

You guys know this is hockey right?

It’s a paradox, sort of. You want hitting in the game, right? So why do the players act like they don’t want it? Some guy hit Hedman cleanly, Kuch jumps him immediately like how dare you hit our captain. If every hit get reacted to like this then players will stop hitting, theoretically speaking. It shouldn’t be ok reacting like this. We want good clean hits remain in the game. What Kuch, and then Geekie, did is what we don't want.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
It’s a paradox, sort of. You want hitting in the game, right? So why do the players act like they don’t want it? Some guy hit Hedman cleanly, Kuch jumps him immediately like how dare you hit our captain. If every hit get reacted to like this then players will stop hitting, theoretically speaking. It shouldn’t be ok reacting like this. We want good clean hits remain in the game. What Kuch, and then Geekie, did is what we don't want.
I agree , alot of it is on the players , they don't really understand the code very well , it ain't taught like it used to

Reactions: Suntouchable13

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Just saw the clip. Super clean hit. It's like today's athletes forgot it's a full contact sport. Hitting is part of the game. Those are the types of hits we want to see. Major overreaction by Kucherov.
It's not that. Players don't really know what happened. The league completely fails to protect players with supplemental discipline, and they know they'll be under increased scrutiny if they try to settle a score after the fact. So they reasonably conclude that they'd better react first even if their reaction is wrong.

In this case the hit was clean, and the lightning were wrong. (Kuchero has a hair trigger temper. And everyone knows that. The league has avoided punishing him on several occasions, which is part of the problem.) But the reasoning still applies.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I don't mind the Kuch jump. But that should of been the end of it.

Hit was clean, Hedman wasn't injured etc...

That being said, not outraged or anything. Like what I've seen from Davies.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
It wasn't even a big or devastating hit. Hedman barely stumbled over and bounced back up like it was nothing (it was). People are wayyy to soft these days throwing a tantrum over clean checks. Mind as well go no hit ringette for those 10 ply players and fans.
Did you just say “Mind as well”

Mar 12, 2009
I would like to see Ryan Reeve's do this, just to see everyone's heads spin from the 180 they'd do.

Too many pre game nose beers for Kuch?

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Unfortunately Hedman and Kucherov sustained season ending (not playoff ending) injuries on these plays. RIP (Rest Into Playoffs)

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Yeah I mean it's Kucherov being Kucherov and a 20 year old rookie trying to impress his teammates by going after Davies. Nothingburger

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The culture around hitting in the NHL is strange.

Fans love to brag about how tough and ruthless the sport is, but when players throw clean hits, you often see this kind of overreaction.

There's some massive hits in the NFL, and yet for the most part, players just get up and get ready for the next play after getting rocked. They accept that taking a hit is part of the game.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
I don't mind the Kuch jump. But that should of been the end of it.

Hit was clean, Hedman wasn't injured etc...

That being said, not outraged or anything. Like what I've seen from Davies.
That's the thing though. I understand people hating going after someone for a clean hit, but if you have a star player get hit hard, whether clean or dirty, you tend to go after them....you want to deter people from hitting your star player....it makes total sense. That said, you can't do it just because a guy gets hit.....the hit on Hedman wasn't only super clean, it was really just a nice hit, knocked him down, but he wasn't remotely rattled by the hit or anything, nothing to worry about.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The culture around hitting in the NHL is strange.

Fans love to brag about how tough and ruthless the sport is, but when players throw clean hits, you often see this kind of overreaction.

There's some massive hits in the NFL, and yet for the most part, players just get up and get ready for the next play after getting rocked. They accept that taking a hit is part of the game.
Yup. Imagine the suspensions if this kind of stuff happened in any of the other pro sports. It doesn’t happen because of the suspensions. The nhl needs figure this out.

Reactions: Beau Knows

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
This is a fairly common sequence of events, nothing embarrassing about it.
The point is it shouldn't be for a clean hit. It's a recent history thing and it's dumb.

Run a guy from behind, head shot; all good. Send the message. Clean open ice hit that's textbook, shouldn't see a guy get jumped twice.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
The point is it shouldn't be for a clean hit. It's a recent history thing and it's dumb.

Run a guy from behind, head shot; all good. Send the message. Clean open ice hit that's textbook, shouldn't see a guy get jumped twice.
No it's not a recent history thing. Fights after clean hits have been happening for decades, f*** when I started watching a borderline hit could lead to a line brawl, maybe even a bench clearing brawl and a coach beating a fan with a shoe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad