Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

All three defensemen are playing very well this season. That's actually impressive. Asking to rank 1a, 1b, and 1c is missing the point they're all great options and each team would be citing their prospect should be 1a. Bader is an author for Flames Nation, which means he's probably got a lil' bias for the WHL.

I still like Minty over the other two for our team for reasons aside from Bader's projections such as his body metrics over Mateychuk (5'11) and offensive game play (comfy pinching down) over Korchinski (stuck to the blueline).

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hvidston remains out of the lineup for swift current, not sure on his injury details.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Pastujov has another, it's a 5-5 game. 2+2 tonight.

Luneau has a PP goal in the third.

Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Saginaw loses 4-3 in OT and I believe mintyukov was on the ice for every goal against. Probably his worst game statistically of the season, but I didn't see if he played major parts in the goals against. Have to wait to see the highlights.

Check that, wasn't on the ice in OT which lasted a grand total of 10 seconds.

Pastujov added a goal in the shootout but Sarnia loses 6-5.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
All three defensemen are playing very well this season. That's actually impressive. Asking to rank 1a, 1b, and 1c is missing the point they're all great options and each team would be citing their prospect should be 1a. Bader is an author for Flames Nation, which means he's probably got a lil' bias for the WHL.

I still like Minty over the other two for our team for reasons aside from Bader's projections such as his body metrics over Mateychuk (5'11) and offensive game play (comfy pinching down) over Korchinski (stuck to the blueline).
I take Mintyukov over the MuffinShot Korchinski. OHL also a little bit tougher league than WHL.

Steel and Mahura tore up the WHL together while DeBrincat destroyed the OHL, it was pointed out way back then the OHL is a better league.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lacombe has an assist in the first.

That gives him 16 points in 17 games. Looking at his other stats, Lacombe has put up 42 shots (5th overall on the team), 16 block shots (5th best), and +3 rating. This season is just weird. LaCombe finally figured out how to score early and keep it going, as it looks like the team has put him into more of an offensive role than a defensive one. I'm used to seeing LaCombe be one of the top-3 leaders in blocked shots for the past couple of seasons.

For comparison, his defensive teammate, Faber, has 12 points in 17 games, 18 shots, 29 blocked shots, and +13 rating.

Reactions: Static

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
And now a goal, 1+2 in the second period. He's now at 15+15 in 21, good for 6th in OHL scoring.

Guelph have to be happy with their end of the deal as well. Namestnikov struggled out of the gate with Sarnia, with only 7 points in 18 games, but already has 11 in 6 games for the Storm. They'll have him for at least one more season for sure, and very likely another as an overage. Plus got their picks in addition.

Pastujov is one of the league's top players, but Guelph seems to have squeezed a ton of value out of the deal.

Reactions: Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He is the only true tough physical dman prospect on the Ducks that plays a mean game. Interesting how this journey back goes

Don't know much of his game, but we don't need "meanness". I'm good with top-4 physical defensemen at the NHL level. 6'3 Hinds and 6'5 Warren love to hit, but Hinds plays a game similar to Lindholm such that his goal is to separate the puck from the opponent, win the puck, and get the puck out quick.

Here's the QMJHL's top hit frequency for a their draft season.

RD Warren, Hits Freq 2022.png

Surprisingly, we have three defenders on that list in Warren, Hinds, and Luneau.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
@Static currently
1670118372054.jpeg

Some prospect updates

Luneau: goal, 4 shots, 1 hit, +0

Warren: 1 shot, 2 hits, +0

Hinds: 1 goal, 1 assist, +1, 3 shots

Gaucher: not playing

Pastujov (1 period remaining): 1 goal, 1 assist, +1, 5 shots

Mintyukov (1 period remaining): -1, 1 shot